spootsnk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spootsnk

I am a runner and would absolutely kill to have woot shirts available printed on technical fabric (those lovely moisture-wicking/dri-fit tees). They would probably cost more than $12, but I would much rather pay more to buy cute/clever workout shirts at woot than something boring from brooks or nike. What do you say, woot? Hook a sister up!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spootsnk wrote:I am a runner and would absolutely kill to have woot shirts available printed on technical fabric (those lovely moisture-wicking/dri-fit tees). They would probably cost more than $12, but I would much rather pay more to buy cute/clever workout shirts at woot than something boring from brooks or nike. What do you say, woot? Hook a sister up!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I passed it on to the shirt folks!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Flipit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipit

Staff

spootsnk wrote:...woot shirts available printed on technical fabric (those lovely moisture-wicking/dri-fit tees).

Mmmmmmmm... hard to print, impossible to cure. Look at the high tech shirts out on the market. They are either blank, have something sewed on them, dye sublimated(bike spandex) or have a very small one color logo strategically placed. Post a link if you,ve have had a different experience.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Flipit wrote:Mmmmmmmm... hard to print, impossible to cure. Look at the high tech shirts out on the market. They are either blank, have something sewed on them, dye sublimated(bike spandex) or have a very small one color logo strategically placed. Post a link if you,ve have had a different experience.

I'm just an unfrozen caveman and don't know very much, but wouldn't a huge blob of inks on your fancy wicking tech shirt rather negate the functionality of it?

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:I'm just an unfrozen caveman and don't know very much, but wouldn't a huge blob of inks on your fancy wicking tech shirt rather negate the functionality of it?

Yeah, there's that too. Large prints like The Realm of Every Game are pretty "unbreathable".

I suppose if Coffee Levels Critical or Green Space was offered, it could work out ...

Flipit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipit

Staff

j5 wrote:...wouldn't a huge blob of inks on your fancy wicking tech shirt rather negate the functionality of it?

This is another reason bike jerseys and the like are Dye Sublimated(white fabric is dyed instead of printing to retain flexibility and breathability). That process is done before the garment is assembled.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Flipit wrote:... That process is done before the garment is assembled.

Turn shirt.woot into a cut and sew shop! ... I mean, what can possibly go wrong?