ragetears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragetears
Re: Trooptroops Klan

Maybe next time you could make mutilated, armless Congolese into Star Trek characters with King Leopold II as Q? Or maybe the Sudan conflict as a West Side Story dance-off? How about Kim Jong Un as Mario going from North Korean prison camp to North Korean prison camp with the message "Your meal is in another castle" because they're starving and eating their own children and he's fat? So silly hahahaha!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: The Catchers

This is so rad- I hope it doesn't get canned... I have never seen anything remotely resembling a poke'ball withstand the rejectionator...

phriedom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phriedom
lyonscc wrote:This design is for the fire-lovers.

Pi-Rho (for Pyro), and Delta (the symbol often used for heat in chemistry).

I think that if you just used pi-rho it would need less explanation.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
neuropsychosocial wrote:I actually snorted with laughter when I saw this; unfortunately, I was holding my water glass and my allergies are acting up today... so I need to go get myself a snot-free glass of water.

lol. I guess I owe you a new glass of water.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
phriedom wrote:I think that if you just used pi-rho it would need less explanation.

I actually considered that, but most frats/societies have three Greek Letters in their name (even if folks only call them out by the first two)...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
tomspc wrote:That looks a lot like

Sure, and this
looks a lot like this

I mean, they're both wearing lyrca dresses covered in rhinestones, flesh-covered tights, white skates, and they're both standing on one leg with the other one extended at a greater than 90 degree angle. Clearly Tonya Harding copied Nancy Kerrigan!

Ashely Wagner, the 2013 U.S. National Champion:

As it turns out, female figure skaters tend to wear white skates, rhinestoned lyrca dresses and flesh-colored tights (in competition), and extend one leg up while skating on the other leg. Technically, I suppose they're all copying Sonja Henie, but she forgot to trademark rhinestones. Can you imagine the royalties she'd get from Toddlers and Tiaras if she had?!?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

helo12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helo12
kevlar51 wrote:Silently waiting for us to develop Artificial Intelligence.

I love me some BSG references

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
orabbit wrote:Maybe since you're not American, you don't realize how horrible and offensive this is. Please delete it.

We feel very sorry about it. We didn't think about the implications of this design. We sincerously appologize to you if we have offended you.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
neuropsychosocial wrote:Sure, and this
looks a lot like this

I mean, they're both wearing lyrca dresses covered in rhinestones, flesh-covered tights, white skates, and they're both standing on one leg with the other one extended at a greater than 90 degree angle. Clearly Tonya Harding copied Nancy Kerrigan!

Ashely Wagner, the 2013 U.S. National Champion:

As it turns out, female figure skaters tend to wear white skates, rhinestoned lyrca dresses and flesh-colored tights (in competition), and extend one leg up while skating on the other leg. Technically, I suppose they're all copying Sonja Henie, but she forgot to trademark rhinestones. Can you imagine the royalties she'd get from Toddlers and Tiaras if she had?!?

Oh how I love the overly dramatic. Get yourself a crown! Anyway, I don't know how figure skating fits into all this. Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan? really? the 1990s? That's what you came up with?

Also please learn to re-size your images unless that's part of your dramatic persona.

Anyway, I stand corrected. Woot did not specify in the rules "Let's be original" so carry-on.

helo12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helo12
Re: The Dude Secret Bowling Society

The Dude's secret underground bowling society, would you like to join us?

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Re: Package Manglers

You don't think your brand new TV just happened to get smashed in such an artistic fashion by sheer chance, did you?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jmp8910 wrote:we had a hard time getting the picture down to the 500k limit to submit the entry ..sorry if it looks small, this is our first entry to a derby!

So, your image is on the order of 900x900, which is probably why you were having issues. Best thing is to export/scale/crop to get it to 602x602. This will keep the aspect ratio correct so it doesn't get all wonky. Also, you doing the scaling guarantees the scale quality vs. relying on the Woot auto-scaler.
Your PNG should then be on the order of 200k. Thumbnail should be likewise 186x186 for about a 50k file size.

move along

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
tjschaeffer wrote:Is it cool to be part of Apathy Society? Meh. It is what it is.

I'm curious, are you aware of Bootsboots apathy coalition shirt that was printed by woot?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: The Pyros

I have to say that I can start to recognize your entries before I click on them and thats not a good thing. Please stop with the flame and glow effects, you can do better.

tomspc

tjost wrote:Super poor taste. If I were you I'd hit that little red x to delete this entry within the first 24 hrs or your liable to loose popular support from some here.

Agree, they should remove it or Woot should remove it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
harantula wrote:We feel very sorry about it. We didn't think about the implications of this design. We sincerously appologize to you if we have offended you.

I was typing when you posted this. I hope that you read my response, which has some historical context for what this means in the U.S. However, I also want you to know that I hadn't seen your response when I wrote mine; I wasn't trying to "pile on."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

voolan1180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voolan1180
oakenspirit wrote:Plan to Rule the world from the Shadows???

Step 1 : Think of a cool name
Step 2: Think of a cool way to write your name
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit
Some Secret Societies never get much past Step 2….

still think you need an "est" date or something to make it more teh symbol of a society

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: The Society of Adventuring Doctors

Darn, I want this shirt.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: Trooptroops Klan

Once again, we are sorry guys. We didn´t think about the implications of this design. We can not withdraw the picture but we will try to contact Woot to remove it.

We are really, really sorry. Our deepest apologizes.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

While I get the cultural differences and that the outfit is common to a lot of other societies, the chosen name doesn't suggest the penitents at all.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
tjost wrote:I'm curious, are you aware of Bootsboots apathy coalition shirt that was printed by woot?

I am, actually. But I didn't think about it until after I started working on this. At that point I tried to make sure to not have it be similar, outside of being about an apathetic group. even though there was no intent to copy or mimic, I maybe should have scrapped the idea at the point that I recognized a similarity.

tomspc

Re: Internet Grammar Police Department

Funny. They are all in the Woot Derby for sure.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: ADD SCHISM

Don't know if it's just me, but each time i glance at your thumbnail, I think your entry has been rejected. Just the red lettering and the angle makes me see "rejected".

It kept me from clicking on it for a bit. It's probably just me.

Nothing follows.

Mavyn

taternuggets wrote:Don't know if it's just me, but each time i glance at your thumbnail, I think your entry has been rejected. Just the red lettering and the angle makes me see "rejected".

It's not. I look at the entries using the 'newer' button, then go to the whole view to sort by voting, and was baffled why that one had been rejected.

tomspc

tjschaeffer wrote:I am, actually. But I didn't think about it until after I started working on this. At that point I tried to make sure to not have it be similar, outside of being about an apathetic group. even though there was no intent to copy or mimic, I maybe should have scrapped the idea at the point that I recognized a similarity.

Please see neuropsychosocial's tonya harding/nancy kerrigan overly-dramatic-explanation above about similarities in art design. She has it all under control and all figured out. No worries.

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: The Machine Collective

Weirdly wonderful.

Mavyn

Re: Cult of Cathulhu

I think one of my cats is a member. It explains so much, really.

Mavyn

Re: Scan and join

This makes me laugh, but the size and placement worry me. Why not reduce the colors and put it on slate? Reduce the continuous inked section a bit.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Unmatchus Inexplicubus

The last time I did laundry I had about 25 unmatched socks. That's when I knew it was true.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom

Want one?! I must have one!! I do most of my editing in my mind unless the error is so egregious I must speak out! My specialty, people who use words they don't know the meaning of! Oops! Did I just write a sentence ending in a preposition... Oh no!!! The embarrassment.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Mystical Monks Of Siam

This is so cool! I love the goose faces.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
taternuggets wrote:Don't know if it's just me, but each time i glance at your thumbnail, I think your entry has been rejected. Just the red lettering and the angle makes me see "rejected".

Me too.

move along

edgrrrzzmom

flamestamp13 wrote:You don't think your brand new TV just happened to get smashed in such an artistic fashion by sheer chance, did you?

Love your design and your idea. The red-on-black letters are hard to read. I think I found their secret headquarters--had initials like USPS or OOPs or something on the outside.

ThingamaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThingamaBob

This isn't much of a secret society - they reveal themselves all the time...

tomspc

neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh dear God.

Harantula is from Spain...blah blah blah

You are living up to your name today. You blast me with this overly-dramatic craziness about ice skating BUT you give this guy a pass on a K.K.K. shirt because "he's from Spain"??

First, most Europeans know more about US History than Americans know.

Second, he used the word "Klan" in his title. "Klan" ALWAYS means Ku Klux Klan. If he really didn't know what he was doing, he would have used the correct word, "Clan" in his title.

edgrrrzzmom

Re: Cosa Nostra Grammatica

Love it! Love it! Love it! At last some artistes who have acknowledged my fave complaint about the internet: we've raised a bunch of illiterate Miltons. (Are they more or less dangerous than the literate Miltons?)

tomspc

ThingamaBob wrote:This isn't much of a secret society - they reveal themselves all the time...

LOL

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: Sharp Claws Brotherhood

Larger view
Hope you like it:D

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Sharp Claws Brotherhood

FANTASTIC illustration!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

No I saw the same thing the first few times....