orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Dread Pirate Guild

Thanks for your feedback Ann, helo12 and OS. Here's the new version, if you see this but not that for some reason.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Loyal Order of Cookie

I want this on a PJ set.... that is when the darn cookies call my name !

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Dread Pirate Guild (v2)

Looking better now, orabbit. The Dread Pirate Roberts gets my vote!

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000
orabbit wrote:Thanks. I wish I had a secret voting society to help me with my designs.

Secret voting society/alt accounts. You say tomato ...

At least if you stay behind him you don't have to worry about his "network" screaming for your rejection and attacking your character, eh?

flattopfrank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flattopfrank

I'm not sure why, but I would like to have a quality post. Please explain to me how one obtains a quality post.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

I'll give you vote because I like the artwork, I don't know anything else about it....

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
deborah11565 wrote:I'll give you vote because I like the artwork, I don't know anything else about it....

It's from the Princess Bride. The Dread Pirate Roberts, greatest sword fighter in history... http://youtu.be/lC6dgtBU6Gs

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
orabbit wrote:Thanks. I wish I had a secret voting society to help me with my designs.

His voting society doesn't help him at all with his designs. That's why they're pretty consistently poor.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
cjleines wrote:I agree. Please resub with corrected Latin. I looooovvvvveeeee this design, but I couldn't make myself buy/wear it with the faux-Latin.

I'm struggling to get that point across. It's basically the Latin version of El Bloombito.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
Re: Society Of Clip Art Users

Is it really a secret society? We all know who they are. Unless they don't know that we know, then they could possibly believe they're in a secret society...hmmm

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Both are very good but I like the re-sub better

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

There's the mask! I thought something seemed missing before... GMV and my wife's!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
lotsofgoats wrote:His voting society doesn't help him at all with his designs. That's why they're pretty consistently poor.

I wonder who this person is...

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Re: Package Manglers (Resub)

Just like getting a replacement shipped to you after the original was damaged in transit, it's new, it's improved, it's MORE OF THE SAME!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
tjost wrote:I have to say that I can start to recognize your entries before I click on them and thats not a good thing. Please stop with the flame and glow effects, you can do better.

Thanks - a good criticism.

Actually, I made this design months ago (last August, according to the time stamp), as part of a test-project to teach myself how to do more complex half-toning (right after I learned the fire/flame effects), and this was the first derby that it really fit in. Even the one last week was a couple of months old (and I've got nothing left in the cupboard with flame effects in it).

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I've been out of town the past two days with scant connection to the 'net....

I do appreciate the feedback, and I'm always trying to learn new techniques. I've only been doing and real vector artwork the past year and a half, and have started taking a short course in converting drawings into vectors, and better techniques.

Thanks again!

orphaeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages orphaeus
Re: The Magickal Society & Royal Order of 19

My absolute favorite epic saga of all time! Definitely a +1. Good work.

"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but you gotta suit up for them all."
J. Askenberg

lyonscc

edgrrrzzmom wrote:Love it! Love it! Love it! At last some artistes who have acknowledged my fave complaint about the internet: we've raised a bunch of illiterate Miltons. (Are they more or less dangerous than the literate Miltons?)

Thanks! I always hate it when I get emails that are full of texting short-hand and misspellings.

kcjenk42 wrote:I love the final design! The flow of Cosa Nostra Grammatica works well and having it on red, since many corrections are made in that color, makes sense. As an English major I HAVE to have this!!

Thanks!

darianwiccan wrote:Great design... though I am saddened that it's no longer a "Grammar N*zi" shirt. The wife and I were hoping to pick up two if it were.

Thanks - I was a little sad too, to change it, but I do like the flow of the new title better, and I realized that N*zi is still very offensive to some groups, even though it has crept into pop culture (like "the soup n*zi" on Seinfeld) in acceptable ways.

lyonscc

orabbit wrote:GMTA.

Aye - I like both your original and your version 2...

I worked on this one late into the night, as I knew I was going to be out of town all weekend, getting away from the kids.

Thanks again!

lonelypond wrote:just the right level of looks serious

Thank you!

lyonscc

orphaeus wrote:My absolute favorite epic saga of all time! Definitely a +1. Good work.

Thanks! I absolutely love King's work, and how all of his books seem to tie into one another...

Of the designs I submitted this weekend, this one was my absolute favorite, though I figured that the subject matter was probably not as popular as my other ones.

I'll just cross my fingers for an EC...

lyonscc

Re: Time Travel is Cool

Very cool! My wife and daughter are both big Dr. Who fans, and they've slowly been hooking me (Netflix will do that).

Nice job!

lyonscc

Re: Keepers of the Shrubbery

I'm always a sucker for Monty Python shirts!

Nice job!

lyonscc

Re: Keepers of the Sacred Words

Nice job - love Monty Python, and your design nicely captures the Knights who say Ni! (or who recently said Ni!)

lyonscc

Re: Unmatchus Inexplicubus

Ha! Nice one - I wonder if they're friends with the Underwear Gnomes?

GMV +1

lyonscc

Re: Apathy Society, or Whatever.

nice work! Fortunately, I'm not too apathetic to not vote for it.

+1

lyonscc

Re: Scan and join

Argh! I'm now being tracked!

Very funny!

lyonscc

Re: Jetpack Pilots Association

Does this count?

Nice job!

lyonscc

You've GMV on this one too! Gotta love the Dread Pirates!

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

lonelypond

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Ultimate Book Club

all the books we want to read

lonelypond

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

Was this shirt demagnetized by Stephen Hawking?

Re: Elders of the Internet

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

blackbirdps3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbirdps3
Re: Cat's Eyes Wide Shut

I was going to finish and post this on Friday but the blizzard left us without electricity till Sunday.

I hope you like it!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: love the craft society V2

2 colors on red version -I'm happier with this version. i added a baseline

phoenix4159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix4159
Re: Apostrophe’s for ‘Everyone!’

Epic win! I just wish I could vote for it more than once!

renessa47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renessa47
Re: The Catchers

I absolutely LOVE the look of this, but I agree with the others. As some one who is super picky about the shirts she wears, I would only make this my first woot purchase (because nothing on here has ever interested me as much as this) if the Latin were fixed. Yes, the "Got" is a cute nod to the original phrase but its not even used effectively within the grammar. There are enough language nerds running around the internet - aside from the ones who have already commented - that you can get help on crafting a better phrase.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Lassik wrote:Was this shirt demagnetized by Stephen Hawking?

By no other than "The Hawk" himself

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Ultimate Book Club

Beautiful concept, handsome shirt. Gotta be a good candidate for the EC!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

very good entry orabbit