taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

I just wanted to say that the recent change to return the derby to 1st and 2nd place being based on votes and the 3rd place to be an editor's choice is a positive development. I've had zero interest in participating in the derby when it was first place take all and the other two prints selected arbitrarily.

The derby was a good thing that a lot of people looked forward to being a part of and recently it seems to have gotten away from what makes it great. Interest is way down, votes are way down. Artist participation is way down. It just isn't what it once was...

I used to eagerly anticipate Thursdays to see what the derby theme was and see if myself and Ignorant could come up with an idea for a shirt. Recently, Thursday comes and goes and I completely forget to even check the site. Sometimes multiple Thursdays will pass before I remember to look. It's amazing to me that I went from waiting for the site to update on Thursdays... to forgetting to check for weeks... I can't be the only one.

Now myself and Ignorant produce some rather mediocre artwork. We've never had a shirt print but I'd have to say we were getting better and were getting close to striking paydirt. We have a few designs that we've talked about submitting to other sites... but to tell you the truth, if they aren't gonna be Woot shirts... than what is the point?

Ok, I'm just rambling now... my point is I'm happy to see the derby return to the former rules (somewhat) and I (and Ig) look forward to being a part of it again.

Nothing follows.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Welcome back.
I thought you guys quit for other reasons. Didn't realize the derby rules prompted it.
You should, at a minimum, absolutely submit your pi-rat design to other sites. You owe it to yourselves, and a print would go far with boosting the ego.

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:Welcome back.
I thought you guys quit for other reasons. Didn't realize the derby rules prompted it.
You should, at a minimum, absolutely submit your pi-rat design to other sites. You owe it to yourselves, and a print would go far with boosting the ego.

Thanks, there were a few different reasons we stopped submitting but the change in the derby voting was what held up our return. It just didn't feel like the derby anymore.

I keep intending to submit that pirat somewhere... not sure where.

Nothing follows.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

I wondered what happened to you guys. I've missed your comments too.