WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt.Woot Spotlight: tgentry

Oh, well what do we have here? A Woot Plus event all about our in-house designer, tgentry, huh? Well, WHAT A SURPRISE. And why? Just because he's one of the most prolific and talented designers that we've ever printed? Ugh. The favoritism around here is INSUFFERABLE!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wait, who is this tgentry person? Do I know him?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I'm not wanting to spend money, but the apron is calling me!!!!!!!

that was fun while it lasted!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:I'm not wanting to spend money, but the apron is calling me!!!!!!!

♫♫ bpr2 buy me! ♫♫

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dasfrench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasfrench

Over-Encumbered bag needs to be and back pack... plz or Satchel that would be awesome lol

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

Like the Sun Wukong remix.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

I already have Sun Wukong, but would love to have it with long sleeves! Please?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
ThunderThighs wrote:♫♫ bpr2 buy me! ♫♫

awww, that's cute

that was fun while it lasted!

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Love suburban blitzkrieg. I'm in.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

ahhhh very nice. I've been itching to pick up Crazy Straw for a very long time.

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
dasfrench wrote:Over-Encumbered bag needs to be and back pack... plz or Satchel that would be awesome lol

Yes please! A backpack, satchel or hoodie would great. After all, some of us carry our burdens/ encumbrances in different places.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Nanonauts is one of my all the time favorites!

Amazing Tgentry selection!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

I am near certain Sun Wukong was the first thing I ever bought from woot. I am loving the remix.. wish it was on a zip-up hoodie with the writing on the front and the image on the back... Might have to grab the nanonaut one!

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik

The Sun Wukong shirt is one of my all-time favorites. The remix is tempting...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Monkey Play was my first Woot purchase. In long sleeves? Yes, please!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo

I really wish the tote bags were bigger. The "Overencumbered" tote is calling me, but I know I would never use it since it is so small.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
lonelypond wrote:Like the Sun Wukong remix.

The original is better! The remix makes me feel like I switched my color tv for a black & white one. If you like shades of gray, then go for it. It still is a great design.
original sun wukong the monkey king

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Excellent choice for a tgentry artist spotlight, tgentry.

Disclaimer: Has at least 13 tgentry designs in the collection.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Hm... Do I want the Nanonauts hoodie even though I already have the tee in AA and Anvil, and the lightweight hoodie?

(The answer is yes. Always yes.)

Congrats on the spotlight! Well-deserved

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

1985 B.C. was my very first woot purchase and got me hooked on t-shirts. I'm with Kevin, I regretted not buying Crazy Straw when it printed so I'll be sure to pick one up now! Great side sale, Travis!

JaekTheBarbarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaekTheBarbarian

The "Over-Encumbered" tote amuses me, but I'm going to wait until I can test out the totes I ordered in the random event last week before I buy another.

The design of the Devil is in the Details hoodie is also pretty awesome.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

When I grow up I wanna be tgentry.

My gf is wearing 1985BC today, as she often does. Brilliant shirt. I'll be in for one of those remixed monkey kings!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

About time for this side sale!

Suburban Blitzkrieg is still an all-time fave, but so many of these tees are so good.

missles9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages missles9

I'm disappointed the Pander Tree isn't included in this sale. It's one of the first woots I ever bought, before I realized how small a women's small was.

Of course, with a name like "Me-Too Birds Flee a Pander Tree", blatantly admitting that trees, lightning and birds were the way to win a derby (and proceeding to do so), I can understand why woot wouldn't include it.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Spiritgreen wrote:When I grow up I wanna be tgentry.

Travis, you really were some sort of leading light during the shirt.woot renaissance. Seeing this selection I was really struck with the great range of concepts and styles you successfully shirtified.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I am sure I can contribute to this post. I love Star Wars.
May the force be with you...

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Does anyone have a photo of themselves (or anyone else) actually wearing one of the pullover hoodies? I'm trying to determine exactly how bulky it is.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
LarryLars wrote:The original is better! The remix makes me feel like I switched my color tv for a black & white one. If you like shades of gray, then go for it. It still is a great design.
original sun wukong the monkey king

Now I'm really liking the original more than the remix... Give me the original on AA!

thegeekbenni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thegeekbenni

Nanonauts is one of my favorite designs! I also really like Sun Wukong, but I think it would be more flattering with some other neckline for a ladies' shirt, like a v-neck or boatneck.

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

The Devil is in the Details is my favorite Woot shirt of all time!

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
Spiritgreen wrote:When I grow up I wanna be tgentry.

My gf is wearing 1985BC today, as she often does. Brilliant shirt. I'll be in for one of those remixed monkey kings!

Count me as one of those who own and love the 1985BC shirt!
Whenever I hear or see 1985 I can't help but to think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5pgo6zU10

Same song with crazy video mix:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeWPUuV6L4

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

thered1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thered1

I'd be all over Sun Wukong if it was a long sleeve.

Great designs.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

Over-Encumbered Shirt or hoodie! Need it for wearing to the gym! I wear my some motivation required and my PT loves it!

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

tommoore86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommoore86

My entire department in the office here is arguing about the 1985 B.C. shirt. We can't agree on what the string of symbols means from the Flux Capacitor up to the pyramid. Any ideas?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tommoore86 wrote:My entire department in the office here is arguing about the 1985 B.C. shirt. We can't agree on what the string of symbols means from the Flux Capacitor up to the pyramid. Any ideas?

tgentry wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to leave you hanging on those hieroglyphs.

I got a lot of the symbols I used from here. The symbol above the radiation symbol apparently means "no". I used two 8's to represent 88, although as someone mentioned I could have used a more accurate way of showing 88. I figured having two recognizable 8's might be easy to spot.

The two blossoming reeds by themselves are ambiguous and could represent any number of things. Maybe Marty fell in love, or someone fell in love with Marty? Maybe it involves the setup they used to get back. I kind of wanted actual Egyptian symbols that might get lost in translation or not readily apparent what they might symbolize in terms of the story.

On the next line I made up the lightning symbol and combined it with "was coming" from the above link. Then the rest should be self explanatory.

Originally I wanted to have the Sphinx being the thing hit by lightning, with the lightning being what damaged the nose, and the two time travelers using that info to get back home (like the clock in BTTF). But I found it pretty impossible to get that information imparted in the design in a simple way. Plus Doc and Marty would have no way of knowing when the lightning might have struck, so I just scrapped it.

Hope this helps.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007

blerg... the sun wukong graphic being placed on the front of the hoodie is a deal-breaker; I will probably be in for the tee, though!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

OHEMGEE. I want the tote. Then I want to fill it with Nuka-Cola Bottles.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

In for an ice cream truck and an upside-down tree.

Do these spotlights more often, woot.

stonechiper

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stonechiper

A Suburban Blitzkrieg hoodie would have been epic, shucks!

mitch42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitch42

OK fine. I bought the Sun Wokung remix AND and original. I'm sooo going to get the eye-roll from the wife when they arrive.