oakenspirit

quality posts: 91 Private Messages oakenspirit

Just curious when submitting dailies, how important is the writeup that accompanies it? Should I spend hours editing it or simply let the art speak for itself?

Any thoughts from printed artists? How much time/effort do you throw into it?

I know in the writing world, the pitch is near everything but I haven't felt that here... am I shooting my foot by shooting from the hip?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I always thought it was yaw that mattered.

(insert snark disclaimer)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Sometimes I just put a smiley face in the space for the explanation...

I kind of think the art should speak for itself, so I usually don't put more than a quick line or two in there. I haven't submitted too many dailies (10-ish maybe?), but that's what I do.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

BootsBoots wrote:Sometimes I just put a smiley face in the space for the explanation...

I kind of think the art should speak for itself, so I usually don't put more than a quick line or two in there. I haven't submitted too many dailies (10-ish maybe?), but that's what I do.

Agreed, let the design do most of the talking. It should work with no words whatsoever. The only exception is if you're referencing something that we might not be privy to. In that case feel free to provide the context.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 91 Private Messages oakenspirit

Thanks guys - that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure... -trying to trim out anything that is against me as far as my chance of being printed goes... heh