1%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Good timing. Apophis zooms by today, right?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 136 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Good way to put off finishing your homework and high school and well everything else.

nvaine

quality posts: 63 Private Messages nvaine

THAT explains it!

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

I'm going to wait till someone explains this shirt to me. I kinda get the gist of it, but its still confusing to me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all,

Be sure to take a look over on Kids*. We're selling Kid Size Hoodies for some of our shirt.woot designs.

*Or shirt.woot. Same event. Same items. Same sizes.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

...not a clever girl, this one.

lonelypond

quality posts: 438 Private Messages lonelypond

Ah, I think this is the first time I've seen a shirt with a T-Rex making effective use of its arms. Not much use against asteroids but fine for algebra.

pinothyj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pinothyj

Damn lefties, ruining the world for the rest of us…

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

OH MY GOD! A Tyrannosaurus actually drawn with TWO fingers instead of three? I'm so proud!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak
drunkenalien wrote:I'm going to wait till someone explains this shirt to me. I kinda get the gist of it, but its still confusing to me.

Divide by zero = bad things happen. Just look what happened to Mr. Rex here.

knowyourmeme defines it as such:

To Divide by Zero is an internet slang term describing an action that leads to an epic failure or theoretically unlikely disaster, such as an earth-shattering apocalypse or a wormhole in the time-space continuum.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/divide-by-zero

rac1189how

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rac1189how

I really wanted to get this because of the math joke, but then I found out that it's a meme. I don't know if I want to get a meme shirt. Does anyone know how popular this particular meme is?

pwlittell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pwlittell

Is it just me, or is the write-up playing on Sokal (1996) "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity"?

If so, a tip of my hat to the most obscure reference I've ever seen in advertising copy. If not... uh, sorry; I'll see myself out.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pinothyj wrote:Damn lefties, ruining the world for the rest of us…

LEFT IS BEST. LEFT IS BEST!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

leptogenesis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leptogenesis

I have to say, I really love the color palette of this shirt. Green and orange on brown looks great, and it's perfect for someone like me who wears a lot of earth tones. I'd love to see more shirts in these sorts of colors!

My avatar wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

T Rex, dude. You broke the universe.

jkoh416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkoh416

Huh. At first I was absolutely annoyed with how inaccurate his posture is represented but then I realized I was critiquing a picture of a dinosaur writing on a chalkboard.

I do the same thing with superhero movies though: people with superpowers? No problem. Incorrect physics? Stop right there!

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
pinothyj wrote:Damn lefties, ruining the world for the rest of us…

It was ruined before we Lefties got hold of it! (wink)(wink)

ArsenicDrone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ArsenicDrone
rac1189how wrote:I really wanted to get this because of the math joke, but then I found out that it's a meme. I don't know if I want to get a meme shirt. Does anyone know how popular this particular meme is?

It's not a meme like "oh, right, there was that huge stupid video where the guy divided by zero and EVERYONE saw it and got sick of it." It's more a meme like if someone wants to say "don't do that, horrible things might happen," they might use a divide-by-zero gif as a shortcut, that sort of thing. I believe my favorite is the Spiderman one:

MOD: yeah, sorry, that's a no-no word. feel free to find a not-so-explicit version.

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno

A million thanks to all, I am glad that you like my first collab with the great Pijaczaj.

Now I would like to ask you to please not do any division between zero today, if that leave for tomorrow :D

stay@homedad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stay@homedad

Finally, we know what they did with those teensy weensy arms!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
rac1189how wrote:I really wanted to get this because of the math joke, but then I found out that it's a meme. I don't know if I want to get a meme shirt. Does anyone know how popular this particular meme is?

"divide by zero" is very popular. I think anyone who's ever been on the internet will get it. Even if they don't get it, it's still a pretty cool shirt.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

infinity.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

IMPRESSIVE textures on everything. It's so detailed that Jiffy Lube is trying to charge an hourly rate!

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
auctionsaver wrote:infinity.

No.

komnumep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komnumep

undefined

big difference!

doommetaldarryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doommetaldarryl
rac1189how wrote:I really wanted to get this because of the math joke, but then I found out that it's a meme.

This exactly. I like the nerdy shirts(Like this one :D), not so much the mindless meme shirts (let's face it, memes are creepy. Everyone starts saying the same things over and over and you end up not using your brain to make your own sentences.)

MilesDP5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MilesDP5

In for one. I don't suppose the artist could post a link to an HD version. I would love to print this off as a demotivational poster for my office!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Congrats guys! , great work.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I'm a software developer. All to familiar with divide by zero errors in code. Hehe. And I love dinosaurs. I think I am gonna have to buy one of these!

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

Cruxserpentes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cruxserpentes

This reminds me an awful lot of the Saturday Morning Breakfast Ceral book.

pijaczaj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pijaczaj

Glad you like it 8)

cllmechrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cllmechrs

You can't divide by 0. Do it on a calculator and it will say Divide by 0 error. You can't take nothing and divide it into parts.

drunkenalien wrote:I'm going to wait till someone explains this shirt to me. I kinda get the gist of it, but its still confusing to me.

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal

It's all fun and games until somebody goes extinct.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

This would have been PERFECT when I was a middle-school Math teacher. Still buying it.

azmojoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azmojoman
cllmechrs wrote:You can't divide by 0. Do it on a calculator and it will say Divide by 0 error. You can't take nothing and divide it into parts.

but can you take something (say 5) and divide it by nothing?

oops, where did all the parts go?

ArsenicDrone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ArsenicDrone
doommetaldarryl wrote:This exactly. I like the nerdy shirts(Like this one :D), not so much the mindless meme shirts (let's face it, memes are creepy. Everyone starts saying the same things over and over and you end up not using your brain to make your own sentences.)

Not to pick a fight, but I'd like to point out that Schrodinger's Cat is also a meme (which is any idea that sticks in people's minds and spreads from mind to mind, not just an internet trend). I think "dividing by zero is a bad thing" is a meme more in the real meaning of 'meme' than being a meaningful internet trend.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 38.664s
First Sucker: soozne
Last Wooter to Woot: commentaholic
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 41% of Shirt Woots
Top 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1111

First day sales 1111
First day posts 36

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno

Thanks everyone :D

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

The limit as the denominator goes to zero is infinity. Otherwise you just can't do it.