orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:Non obvious obscure reference alert!!!

It's hilarious once you get it, though.

On your other design, you don't want a big blob of ink on the chest, that will wear horribly. "punch-through" the kid to be the same color as the background.

It is. The silhouette will be shirt color. Is that what you mean?

Update: Is this still too obscure?

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
orabbit wrote:A collab with lyonscc!

Black or navy?

Black.
What game is this?

tomspc

qetza wrote:quick sketch...

LOL...Street Fighter, I like it.

tomspc

ste7enl wrote:

I like the design but don't care for the baby blue shirt.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:It is. The silhouette will be shirt color. Is that what you mean?

Yes, better, but your core subject is still obscure. (hint: not the game, everyone knows Galaga )
Also, needs some "splats" to drive it home.

move along

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

j5 wrote:Yes, better, but your core subject is still obscure. (hint: not the game, everyone knows Galaga )
Also, needs some "splats" to drive it home.

Maybe make his hair longer and frizzier too. He was never had a neat head of hair that I saw. I saw him live many, many times and usually in the first couple rows.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

Thunderthighs can you tell me what size the.pictures have to be to submit them? Also can we use blue for the shirt color this week?

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Yea, or a hat. The mallet needs to be bigger, more recognizable. It had a darker smashypart that was proportionally larger than currently depicted, for starters.

Re: Inspired by Portal -- I'm tryna figure out whether I'd prefer a clever interpretation on a game title (i.e. Donkey Kong, as previously) or just a nice shirt that uses a title as a general theme. Seems the latter was the winning formula for the previous derbies of this sort, but that to me seems a lot like "draw some things based on stuff".

I guess it's power to the people, at this point. Good thing there aren't many cat games.

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100
orabbit wrote:It is. The silhouette will be shirt color. Is that what you mean?

Personally, I don't think so. Perhaps it's a split along age/generations? I think they brought him back for a Geico commercial, tho, so he's got that going for him! =)

Would it break the feel of the game to show him from the front, get the facial hair (and suspenders? he does suspenders, doesn't he?) to work for you?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cabinboy100 wrote:Would it break the feel of the game to show him from the front, get the facial hair (and suspenders? he does suspenders, doesn't he?) to work for you?

No, but celebrity likeness rejection would likely follow....possibly... are pixelated likenesses considered obfuscated enough?

Also, I agree with TT, more "wild" to the hair.

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

It bothers me how long it took me to get the galaga one. very clever though.

Nothing follows.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
jmp8910 wrote:Thunderthighs can you tell me what size the.pictures have to be to submit them? Also can we use blue for the shirt color this week?

602 x 602 for the comp and 186 x 186 for the thumbnail.

eupston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eupston

Super smash bros inspired! More fine tuning required.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

I find it sad how so many entries are identical in concept, even sadder that many designs already subbed are ideas I was toying around with...

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
lotsofgoats wrote:Good thing there aren't many cat games.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Turns out that when you haven't worked on a design for many months... you forget to do things like save your work as you go in case of crash.

fml.

Nothing follows.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Maybe make his hair longer and frizzier too. He was never had a neat head of hair that I saw. I saw him live many, many times and usually in the first couple rows.

You are my hero. I used to watch all the HBO specials when I was a kid.

He's in a commercial for geico or something now.

kkessler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kkessler

I'd just like to put this out there as an idea- I'd love to see a design based on the game Dreamfall. I'd love to see the interpretations based on that name.

griftgfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griftgfx

I'm super late here, but here's my entry!

Please vote if ya dig it!