Inspired by Donkey Kong

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Inspired by Frogger

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

This looks nothing like the game ! Then reject all the others..... guitar etc.... Nothing against you artist but this is BS....

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

This is nothing like the game. Agree, the guitar heroes, street fighter and fruit ninja has to be rejected as well.

deborah11565

tomspc wrote:This is nothing like the game. Agree, the guitar heroes, street fighter and fruit ninja has to be rejected as well.

I hate being aggravated but I have watched this double standard BS week after week.... Now I see why they went from 2000 to 329....I tattled on about 25 shirts for all different reasons.....that aren't on that fine line of the woot self passing so called rules ! I did this as a point. Sorry to the artist but I am a bit ticked....

tomspc

flattopfrank wrote:WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what Frogger looks like, resub it. I'm not sure what the process is if something was rejected.

deborah11565

tomspc wrote:This is what Frogger looks like, resub it. I'm not sure what the process is if something was rejected.

I agree.... I must keep my mouth shut ! He is resubbing... I am sure it will be rejected because I just told the truth.... c'est la vie !!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: Inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Hey, no complaints here...(and no need to take off the gloves too....) though I was surprised with the rejection, and clearly other designers didn't think about the "no characters from videogames" embedded rule too Anyway, I'll work on something else

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bluetuba wrote:..... yeah I was gonna say, I love OdRoc but you know exactly who I thought this was when I saw the thumbnail. We've seen pleeenty of glowy double helix entries before.

no bueno

I agree. I came in to say, "how many PC LOAD LETTERing times are you going to resub this till you just let it die?" and then realized it wasn't him.

wirdou

Re: Inspired by Dead or Alive

All those years of training....

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Inspired by Grim Fandango

Collaboration with Ignorant. Hope you like it.

Nothing follows.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
tomspc wrote:This is nothing like the game. Agree, the guitar heroes, street fighter and fruit ninja has to be rejected as well.

Frogger is a game about a frog that gets run over by cars. He drew a frog getting run over by a car. That's not reinterpretation.

Guitar Hero is about playing a guitar, the shirt is a guitar dressed up like a super hero. Different.

Street Fighter is a game about a bunch of humanoids in a kung fu tourney. The shirt design is a literal piece of street dressed like a boxer. Different.

Fruit Ninja is a game about chopping up flying pieces of fruit on a touch screen. The shirt is a couple pieces of fruit dressed up like ninja. Different.

See the pattern here?

Jake1364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake1364

Great design, I just wish the fox had some sort of expression on his face. maybe, excited, happy, surprised?

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
wirdou wrote:Hey, no complaints here...(and no need to take off the gloves too....) though I was surprised with the rejection, and clearly other designers didn't think about the "no characters from videogames" embedded rule too Anyway, I'll work on something else

*retracts claws*

deborah11565

bluetuba wrote:Frogger is a game about a frog that gets run over by cars. He drew a frog getting run over by a car. That's not reinterpretation.

Guitar Hero is about playing a guitar, the shirt is a guitar dressed up like a super hero. Different.

Street Fighter is a game about a bunch of humanoids in a kung fu tourney. The shirt design is a literal piece of street dressed like a boxer. Different.

Fruit Ninja is a game about chopping up flying pieces of fruit on a touch screen. The shirt is a couple pieces of fruit dressed up like ninja. Different.

See the pattern here?

Guitar hero game is to become a guitar hero.... Frogger is not to be run over by a car... see the
pattern here ???

wirdou

bluetuba wrote:*retracts claws*

Thanks Bluetuba

tomspc

Re: Inspired by Revenge Of The Smurfs

Hilarious. If you can't beat'em, join'em

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
tomspc wrote:Hilarious. If you can't beat'em, join'em

Thanks Tomspc !

scrabblefish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages scrabblefish
Re: Inspired by Monkey Island

No text this week.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
deborah11565 wrote:Guitar hero game is to become a guitar hero.... Frogger is not to be run over by a car... see the
pattern here ???

In Frogger, a frog CAN get run over. In Guitar Hero, a guitar can not become a hero. It is obvious why this got rejected. You have to reinterpret, not recreate.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Inspired by Asteroids

Alternate title: "Oh no! Not again!"
Thanks for the collabo, Odroc!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Jake1364 wrote:Great design, I just wish the fox had some sort of expression on his face. maybe, excited, happy, surprised?

I'm actually playing with another version with more joy. We shall see how it turns out later tonight...

tomspc

bluetuba wrote:Frogger is a game about a frog that gets run over by cars. He drew a frog getting run over by a car. That's not reinterpretation.

Guitar Hero is about playing a guitar, the shirt is a guitar dressed up like a super hero. Different...See the pattern here?

No, I don't see the pattern. actually there was no car in the design, it was a frog and a tire track, looks nothing like Frogger.

"the design shouldn't be about the original game"...apparently that means you can't use something literal from the game. The Guitar is literally from the game, the game is all about the guitar. That's not reinterpretation.

Apply the same rules to everyone is all I'm saying.

deborah11565

aramis525 wrote:In Frogger, a frog CAN get run over. In Guitar Hero, a guitar can not become a hero. It is obvious why this got rejected. You have to reinterpret, not recreate.

Ok well.. it has been reinterpreted. Do me a favor.... scroll through the others tell me what you see and then wake the rejectionator up...

aramis525

Re: Inspired by Revenge Of The Smurfs

Just wondering, how will someone look at this and say "I get it, Revenge of the Smurfs. LOL!"

deborah11565

aramis525 wrote:Just wondering, how will someone look at this and say "I get it, Revenge of the Smurfs. LOL!"

lol... I am pretty sure he is past caring.... I think he went to talk to the Battlestoads shirt !!

aramis525

tomspc wrote:No, I don't see the pattern. actually there was no car in the design, it was a frog and a tire track, looks nothing like Frogger.

"the design shouldn't be about the original game"...apparently that means you can't use something literal from the game. The Guitar is literally from the game, the game is all about the guitar. That's not reinterpretation.

Apply the same rules to everyone is all I'm saying.

The game is all about someone playing the Guitar, not a guitar becoming a hero. In my opinion, what woot! wants people to do is look at a shirt and say "I get it, _________ (being the name of the game). LOL!" With this shirt, it would be more like "Oh, a shirt about Frogger, LOL!"

tomspc

aramis525 wrote:Just wondering, how will someone look at this and say "I get it, Revenge of the Smurfs. LOL!"

It's blue, like a smurf. Someone ran over him, must have been for revenge or maybe the rest of the smurfs will get revenge for whoever ran over their friend. There is just so many ways to see it. lol

aramis525

deborah11565 wrote:Ok well.. it has been reinterpreted. Do me a favor.... scroll through the others tell me what you see and then wake the rejectionator up...

So far, I don't see any (that I understand) that should be rejected that haven't yet.

aramis525

tomspc wrote:It's blue, like a smurf. Someone ran over him, must have been for revenge or maybe the rest of the smurfs will get revenge for whoever ran over their friend. There is just so many ways to see it. lol

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
wirdou wrote:All those years of training....

And it wouldn't have mattered either way. Or it mattered both ways. Or both are simultaneously true.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Inspired by Donkey Kong

I'm concerned the entire design will look muddied when printed. But I like the idea.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

deborah11565

aramis525 wrote:

lol... true, no more than some work I have seen. But you must admit it is a helluva interpretation !!

tomspc

aramis525

deborah11565 wrote:lol... true, no more than some work I have seen. But you must admit it is a helluva interpretation !!

Now, this I agree with!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Wait wait wait, are we really confused as to why all of those game-character-in-real-life-situation shirts are getting rejected while all of those no-game-characters-involved-at-all shirts aren't? Cuz either you're really good actors or really poor readers.

The tears, the tears.

deborah11565

lotsofgoats wrote:Wait wait wait, are we really confused as to why all of those game-character-in-real-life-situation shirts are getting rejected while all of those no-game-characters-involved-at-all shirts aren't? Cuz either you're really good actors or really poor readers.

The tears, the tears.

Ok tears, tears....don't back down now.... explain (2), Battle Toads and Balloon Fight vs the Frogger shirt.

deborah11565

aramis525 wrote:Now, this I agree with!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Tell me what "Frogger" means and tell me how the shirt interprets that.