GrammarYahtzee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages GrammarYahtzee
5april2063 wrote:"Bigwig began to breath again."
"Breath"???
"BREATH"????????
The proper word is "breathe." C'mon, woot writers! They pay you for this job!

Signed,
Your resident Grammar Nerd

Yeah, I gave up trying to correct the shirtwoot blurbs a while ago, as most of them were somewhat minor infractions. Today's blurb, however, is laden with error. I see at least one sentence fragment, a vague antecedent, awkward phraseology, and more.

I let myself believe that either the woot writer is either not paid, or is asked to do the write ups as a favor even though it is not why she/he was hired to work at woot. Add to that the daily load of woot write ups for each site, and I can easily imagine the incomprehensible babble that gets posted here.

Yet, there is no place like shirtwoot, and there are more reasons to enjoy than just the blurb.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MadamAtom wrote:Eeeeeeek, the timing! Poor show, writers.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001972/?ref_=sr_1

Yeah, so it seems. However, this shirt has been on the calendar for a while so it's just bad luck on our part.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spiderdad wrote:There were several typos in this one -- "as blood began to poured down his foot."

On another note, I really miss the "Wear this shirt ... Don't wear this shirt ..." etc. parts. Was there an official reason those stopped?

I think it was mostly burn out from doing them for over 5 years.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Just coincidentally, I'm wearing Meatatarian today. I love these bad bunnies!

k9sar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar

2 words.... LOVE IT

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

I feel oddly compelled to purchase all the blood bunnies shirts. Not sure why. My favorite is You have to try this, guys.

wookieonendor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wookieonendor

Anya was right y'all. Just saying.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Fiver?!?!
Hey! That's me!

move along

schwa314

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schwa314
ThunderThighs wrote:... so it's just bad luck on our part.

I hope you didn't just write this to see if another foot would get gnawed off somewhere.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
quantamm wrote:Just coincidentally, I'm wearing Meatatarian today. I love these bad bunnies!

And as luck would have it I am wearing the other one today. Saw this during a meeting on my phone and yes I bought it during the meeting as well.

pg318

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pg318
GrammarYahtzee wrote:

I let myself believe that either the woot writer is either not paid, or is asked to do the write ups as a favor even though it is not why she/he was hired to work at woot.

Mistakes happen.

RichardEsse638

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichardEsse638

Didn't work for the guy on the ground!!

FifthDream

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FifthDream

That is at once one of the cutest and most horrific shirts i have ever seen.

discobanco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages discobanco

I love it but..........
Why is he holding the arm like that?? Wasn't it possible to locate it horizontal? Perpendicular to his actual arm? it looks weird to me... I know it's a little detail in an awesome and amazing design, but it annoys me for some reason!

koshhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koshhi

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE STORY. I LOVE IT.

hapee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hapee

Is there really anyone on Earth who thinks this is a T-shirt they'd want to wear? Even if you yourself don't have children, do you really think this is cool to wear in public where children would see it? I doubt even your typical animal activist (i.e., me, for example) would consider this the way to win people over to my position. I have to say in the past year, the quality of the T-shirts on Woot has tanked pretty badly, and this is a rock-bottom low level.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I have a sudden urge to reread Watership Down.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
hapee wrote:Is there really anyone on Earth who thinks this is a T-shirt they'd want to wear? Even if you yourself don't have children, do you really think this is cool to wear in public where children would see it? I doubt even your typical animal activist (i.e., me, for example) would consider this the way to win people over to my position. I have to say in the past year, the quality of the T-shirts on Woot has tanked pretty badly, and this is a rock-bottom low level.

Yep there is a lot of us. And come on you would have to hate the rest in the line on as well if you hate this one. I will wear it the day after I get it in.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
5april2063 wrote:"Bigwig began to breath again."
"Breath"???
"BREATH"????????
The proper word is "breathe." C'mon, woot writers! They pay you for this job!

Signed,
Your resident Grammar Nerd

spiderdad wrote:There were several typos in this one -- "as blood began to poured down his foot."

[quote postid="5349769" user="GrammarYahtzee"]Yeah, I gave up trying to correct the shirtwoot blurbs a while ago, as most of them were somewhat minor infractions. Today's blurb, however, is laden with error. I see at least one sentence fragment, a vague antecedent, awkward phraseology, and more.

I let myself believe that either the woot writer is either not paid, or is asked to do the write ups as a favor even though it is not why she/he was hired to work at woot. Add to that the daily load of woot write ups for each site, and I can easily imagine the incomprehensible babble that gets posted here.

Yet, there is no place like shirtwoot, and there are more reasons to enjoy than just the blurb.

Maybe there are different copywriters on w00t versus here on shirt.woot, but it seems to me that this is a significantly below-par write-up -- at least as compared to w00t write-ups. I say this for the reasons of the typos cited above -- including such vagueness as the sentence that should have read "The small rabbit suddenly dug his teeth into his own leg" -- and also because I just can't see Fiver behaving that way. But maybe I'm wrong; it's been decades since I read the book.

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
wookieonendor wrote:Anya was right y'all. Just saying.

Not conclusive evidence; merely supportive. Anya was worried about bunnies doing harm to her -- as opposed to them doing harm only to other bunnies, as in the case of this shirt series. (Of course, Anya's personal fears aside, the idea of bunnies doing grievous harm to others of their own kind is far more sick and twisted than cross-species violence.)

"And what's with all the carrots?"

I love bacon!

easpangler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easpangler

ozzy fudd is back?

Igarden2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Igarden2

I just want to add my vote to this.
NO LIKE

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Igarden2 wrote:I just want to add my vote to this.
NO LIKE

Polarization is a fact of the internet.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

nanner93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanner93

my mother decided to rent watership down cause it looked cute with the bunnies and being a cartoon...still have nightmares of those rabbits.

spork7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spork7

Love it. One bunny so happy about the 7 leaf clover, not even paying attention. One looking shocked. And one giving the "not cool, man" look. I shall wear this proudly!

mebekili

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mebekili

I don't get it -- and I don't think I want to.... eesh.

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

I am so torn on this shirt, there are so many adorable faces, then you see the dead bunny in the background...

gsullivan1518

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsullivan1518
GrammarYahtzee wrote:Yeah, I gave up trying to correct the shirtwoot blurbs a while ago, as most of them were somewhat minor infractions. Today's blurb, however, is laden with error. I see at least one sentence fragment, a vague antecedent, awkward phraseology, and more.

But we can't let the Errorists win! Keep on catching those mistakes.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 7.663s
First Sucker: phedrespaz
Last Wooter to Woot: runesong
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 50% of Shirt Woots
Top 31% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 2395

First day sales 2395
First day posts 67

granuaile32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granuaile32

disturbing!

azuremourning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azuremourning

Oh, Magilla Gorilla!. I just got this shirt today.. I FOUND a winning scratch ticket, and got a class action lawsuit payment... I think I've got the luck of the fryish <3

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

roydane wrote:They're just adorable. I'm going to get one for my girlfriend since she likes cute stuffs. The idea of the shirt is okay, however it could've been much better if you put some catchy lines on it. Nevertheless, I totally like the design. This will go well with my collection, like my favorite Hilarious Barkweiser t-shirt

I got my eye on you, white box with a link to some random tee site's purchase page that I changed to a jpg instead because nope.

psalms119

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psalms119

Just got mine in the mail and I am happy! The meat bunnies are so cute, and I'm eager to see more from them. :3

amazinga909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazinga909

DEAR GOD!