1%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Seems like we've had a lot of text-central designs lately.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Distressing, for when shirts are printed too sturdy to get the worn look on their own!

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

BelyndaG

quality posts: 15 Private Messages BelyndaG

Finally, a shirt for the athlete in me!

thumperchick

quality posts: 227 Private Messages thumperchick

This is a perfect gym shirt for me. While I'm wheezing on an elliptical, next to someone running full out for an hour.

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

3 decades ago, when the University computer stuck us together randomly in the same suite, it was just fate. It took a little digging for us all to figure out what we all had in common: WE WERE THE SUITE THAT WAS (EACH) PICKED LAST FOR GYM CLASS.
True story. And, we are all still best friends and still laugh about this fact to this day!!!
In for 3, and will have to have DH be in for 3 more so we can all have one!!!!

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

I like the shirt, just wondering if wearing it will help me get picked sooner -or- guarantee me being last pick.

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

Hey Wooters! Very excited here to have my latest Woot design featured. I think this is my lucky number 7th! This one is forged from painful childhood memories and humility. Wear it to little league games, the gym, or on the golf course; But most importantly, wear it proudly!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

dbenton25

collinvh wrote:I like the shirt, just wondering if wearing it will help me get picked sooner -or- guarantee me being last pick.

Hoping for a reverse psychology effect here, or maybe at least inspire a little guilt from the team captains.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

This shirt makes me a little bit sad.

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheTexasTwister

I just had a flashback to my entire childhood. Suddenly I'm feeling very depressed.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Ouch, broken glasses. You know the point of dodge ball is to not get hit.

nvaine

quality posts: 63 Private Messages nvaine

Aha! This shirt is NOT for me!

(My glasses are square, not round... *sob*)

thespiansmc

quality posts: 19 Private Messages thespiansmc

Is there a reason why a shirt celebrating that no one wanted you to play on their team is funny?

dbenton25

thespiansmc wrote:Is there a reason why a shirt celebrating that no one wanted you to play on their team is funny?

Yes!

nvaine

thespiansmc wrote:Is there a reason why a shirt celebrating that no one wanted you to play on their team is funny?

"Many comedians use self-deprecating humor to avoid seeming arrogant or pompous, and to help the audience identify with them."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deprecation

minifig81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages minifig81

If I had my way, sports would require dice with more than four sides. That way, I'd never be picked last again.

This was an instant purchase.

sulcath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sulcath

That hurts... a little bit. In the heart.
Possibly in for one.
Gym motivation?

thespiansmc

quality posts: 19 Private Messages thespiansmc
nvaine wrote:"Many comedians use self-deprecating humor to avoid seeming arrogant or pompous, and to help the audience identify with them."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deprecation

I am a fat woman who used to do standup; I did a very successful piece (drama, but I got laughs) last week. I know funny, and I know self deprecating ... and I know the perceived advantage of beating yourself up before the bullies get a chance to.

Judging from the number of other people in this thread who are saying that what this shirt makes them feel is sad, I'm not the only one who thinks this is not working.

tlburrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlburrill

As one of the "Always picked last" I will admit it was in some way my own fault. I would be way out in no man's land where I could safely read a book and not worry about the ball coming my way. I showed up for gym but while my classmates wanted to play I did not.
I like this shirt

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme
thespiansmc wrote:I am a fat woman who used to do standup; I did a very successful piece (drama, but I got laughs) last week. I know funny, and I know self deprecating ... and I know the perceived advantage of beating yourself up before the bullies get a chance to.

Judging from the number of other people in this thread who are saying that what this shirt makes them feel is sad, I'm not the only one who thinks this is not working.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I laughed immediately when I read the shirt and see it as more of a parody of the XXL (insert school here) T-shirts that gym rats buy to look more legit. First shirt I'm considering buying in a long time.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Finally a shirt that will help draw the gym babes! Too bad there's no overnight ship option.

katsmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katsmama

This shirt made me laugh out loud. As one of the always picked last kids (me and the fat kid) I totally own my 90lb weakling status and will shout it from my wimpy chest every time I wear this to the gym.

:-)

Draakan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draakan

Ahh those are glasses. I thought it was QQ.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch
thespiansmc wrote:I am a fat woman who used to do standup; I did a very successful piece (drama, but I got laughs) last week. I know funny, and I know self deprecating ... and I know the perceived advantage of beating yourself up before the bullies get a chance to.

Nah. I went to a small school, and I was the ONLY girl that got cut at cheerleading tryouts. So they created a third "alternate" position so as not to hurt my feelings. Fact is, I couldn't walk and clap my hands. I was ALWAYS picked last. ALWAYS. I remember always hoping, during picks, that maybe, just maybe "this time would be different" but it wasn't.

But now I am living a wildly successful life, with a man that loves me more than anything, two beautiful children (one of whom is always picked last), a gorgeous house on a huge tract of land, a brand new F150, and more blessings that I can count. So in the long run, "picked last" doesn't matter one bit. I am living proof of that. And I am getting this shirt because not only did it make me laugh out loud the second I saw it, it put things in perspective, and maybe I can do that for some other uncoordinated social misfit who doesn't think that it's "ever going to get any better."

Because it does.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

dbenton25

notsomuch wrote:And I am getting this shirt because not only did it make me laugh out loud the second I saw it, it put things in perspective, and maybe I can do that for some other uncoordinated social misfit who doesn't think that it's "ever going to get any better."

Because it does.

Thank you! You are exactly who I designed this shirt for and you expressed my intended artistic sentiments beautifully. Getting picked last was one of the less painful things about my childhood, but I couldn't be a happier more fulfilled person today. This shirt is for anyone who has overcome their childhood traumas and succeeded despite them.

nvaine

I've got to side with notsomuch here. I was always picked last, which had less to do with my perceived lack of athletic ability and much more to do with my inability to deal with being the new kid in school. I ended up kicking arse in one of the most athletic careers available.

My first post (and perhaps a lot of the comments here) are also examples of... aww, never mind.

This is the first shirt in a long time that has drawn me back twice more to look at it, and I suspect I'll be clicking the stupidly large button before I finish my coffee. Nicely done, dbenton25!

defenestrator214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages defenestrator214

A very well fitting shirt.

theconezy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theconezy

I want to add to the "is it funny?" debate.

Not only was I picked last, but I was in 'special' gym (adaptive PE). I think the shirt is funny. I often make fun of my lousy depth perception and lack of motor skills. While I might suck at sports, I have many other great talents and skills.

Cybrokat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cybrokat

This shirt should only come in xs and xxl+.

I, too, was always last. I still love me.

JazzSinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JazzSinger

I'm in for one. This was me in every sport except kickball, for some reason.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I'm in for two. The moment I saw this shirt I flashed back to Jr High and my best friend Annie and I in gym class. Annie was the last one chosen--I was never even chosen. It was like I didn't even exist! It would come down to Annie and me, the team choosing would say "Annie" in a disgusted tone of voice and everyone on both teams would just pivot and walk off as Annie and I followed. Annie's team didn't let her actually play but at least they didn't completely ignore her. The team I was supposed to on by default acted like I was invisible. I look at this shirt as a healing badge of honor. Seriously part of the problem is that school gym classes focus on team sports and activities that that strength and favors sprinters. If my school had had martial arts or hiking or fencing or other lifetime sports, I could have redeemed myself physically. I will proudly wear this shirt to my Tai Chi class and for hiking. The second shirt is of course, for Annie.

Beerknurd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Beerknurd
JazzSinger wrote:I'm in for one. This was me in every sport except kickball, for some reason.

EXACTLY!!!! I dominated kickball!! I was abnormally good at Tetherball too.

Woots: 25

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 17.222s
First Sucker: cgwodehouse
Last Wooter to Woot: remote245
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1408

First day sales 1408
First day posts 32

mdb43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdb43
minifig81 wrote:If I had my way, sports would require dice with more than four sides. That way, I'd never be picked last again.

This was an instant purchase.

Umm ... a die has six sides. The top and bottom count as sides. (The fact that I know this confirms that I was always picked last.)

acpleus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acpleus

Bought this, as like most everyone else who bought it, because I was usually last one picked in school for sports. The shirt arrived a few days later, and looked awesome in person. My only complaint is that for a 3XL, this is a very small 3XL. I bought one size larger for comfort and shrinkage, I am glad I did not get my regular size, as the shirt probably would not have fit.

Still love the shirt though.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein