WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Long underwear?
  • 10.4% - Essential during the winter. 168
  • 51.8% - If it's really, really cold and I'm going to be outside for a while. 841
  • 23.2% - No, what am I, my grandpa? 376
  • 14.6% - I never need it because I live somewhere warm and I will tell you about it every chance I get. 237
1622 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

I have several weights of long underwear, one that will keep me really warm for when I'm going to be sitting, one that keeps me sort of warm for when I will be doing light work, and finally one that just wicks moisture away from my body for when I will be doing a lot of work and wouldn't really need long underwear at all. I get the most use out of my wicking layer because if it is cold and I am going out I will be moving and sweating, there is nothing worse than being wet when you are cold! I have learned that waterproof and wicking clothing is far more useful in the cold than insulation.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Worked with a guy that every day from November to March he wore his "base layer" of long underwear... even though we work in a warm office. Hey whatever makes you happy.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

South Florida, duh...

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Got my red long johns on right now in case I have to walk because of the weather. Snowmageddon can kiss my my bright red, button down bum.

dependable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dependable

Anyone that lives any farther north than my house is insane.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Florida!!!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fhrcreations75155

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fhrcreations75155

Long under wear is bit over the top in Texas. Just stay in if it gets really cold out.

revoluciano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revoluciano

I live in NJ and woke up to 35degrees this morning. I can't wear long underwear because I put on shorts every morning still.

plink22lr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plink22lr
dependable wrote:Anyone that lives any farther north than my house is insane.

Any one who live farther south than my house is weak.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I wore them all the time during the winter while growing up, but I lived on a farm and was outside doing chores for about an hour each day. Standard clothing was pants overtop of long underwear, sweatshirt overtop of long-sleeved shirt, and 2 pairs of socks. Then over all of that I would put on coveralls, winter boots, those thin gloves, another pair of gloves, a scarf, and a hat.

While I now live slightly farther north, I don't even own a pair of long underwear. The only time I venture outdoors in winter is to get to my car or back inside from the car.

ababat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ababat

You left out "When ever I go skiing, which is often"

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy
hippie1981 wrote:I wore them all the time during the winter while growing up, but I lived on a farm and was outside doing chores for about an hour each day. Standard clothing was pants overtop of long underwear, sweatshirt overtop of long-sleeved shirt, and 2 pairs of socks. Then over all of that I would put on coveralls, winter boots, those thin gloves, another pair of gloves, a scarf, and a hat.

While I now live slightly farther north, I don't even own a pair of long underwear. The only time I venture outdoors in winter is to get to my car or back inside from the car.

Only an hour of chores? Loogshury.

elat27

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elat27

Miami in da house. Don't be hatin'

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

When the temp goes below 40f I use fleece lined jeans. I work outdoors, so this is a requirement. All of us wear them,...

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Coastal south Jawja, so never cold enough to warrant a pair. I might move north just so I get to wear thermals!

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Had a family scarf for about 40 years - never worn until this year. Last week, on vacation, I wore shorts and t-shirts, breathed fairly clean air, and saw blue skies. I was NOT looking forward to returning to freezing my a-- off and wearing a mask to filter the pollution. Now I'm back to the job, but will be looking to leave for warmer climes. It will take someone or something really special to make me stay.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.