Henroid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Henroid88
blackbirdps3 wrote:Thanks!
I love your drawing. Very original style. (Not the usual woot chubby kitten look.)

I appreciate that. Hopefully it wont be held too much against me, Good Luck!

crapstick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crapstick

I like it!

Re: The Thyme Traveler

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: The Thyme Traveler

We can always count on crapstick.

Nothing follows.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: History Lesson

Alright! I can make comments....
of importance here - click for detail
this is 6 colors on Navy, I hope everyone likes.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: The Encounter

I really like this one for it's clean lines and comic-book style. Nice and +1

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: The Faster It Goes

So true !

orhplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orhplus
Re: Unexpected!

This is my entry n.n!

There are things about future we shouldn't know... XD

But why he is a poor man in the future? Well, he got really depressed because he traveled on time to see himself and notice he was a poor man, so he got depressed and... @¬@

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Daily Time Traveller

Everybody who sets their bedroom clock fast knows what I'm talking about.

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit

ingencorp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ingencorp

Im brand new here (just learned of this site yesterday) and submitted my first design today.

I can't help but notice that the majority of the high vote getters so far have links to Facebook, Twitter, blogs, ect. with "come vote for me" type of signatures. I see some extremely good pieces of artwork from people that don't have those sort of outside links hardly getting any votes/love.

So, my questions:

Is it even worth it for us who don't do Facebook/Twitter, ect. to enter submittions on here?

Is there a fair shot to the artist if you're not one of the people that's popular in the world of social media with dozens of friends that will vote for your work who have bought something here before?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down any of the top designs or saying mine comes anywhere near competing with them, I'm just trying to see if these derbies are more a popularity contest or based on pure skill.

So far it reminds me of the art contests I entered when I was little...if the names were on the front, the Mayor's kid or the Dentist's kids always won....but you hide the names so the voting isn't swayed either way and you get a whole new group of winners. I really hope I'm wrong on that though...

ingencorp

Re: Stay on the Path

I would buy this in a second if it gets printed. Great job!

ingencorp

Re: Far And Beyond

Excellent job. If I could vote already , this one would be in my top 3 favorites. Keep up the good work.

ingencorp

cmdixon2 wrote:
Looks like we both had similar ideas this week! Nice work on yours. Super clean.

That makes three of us, lol.

This one is almost IDENTICAL to the one my daughter and I came up with last night: top hat, the hands of the clock forming a mustache, even the same angle on the clock walking along. The only difference was mine would have had an airline ticket in the left hand and the time portal to his back.

Great job!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: A Wormhole in Oregon

Must have.

taternuggets

ingencorp wrote:Im brand new here (just learned of this site yesterday) and submitted my first design today.

I can't help but notice that the majority of the high vote getters so far have links to Facebook, Twitter, blogs, ect. with "come vote for me" type of signatures. I see some extremely good pieces of artwork from people that don't have those sort of outside links hardly getting any votes/love.

So, my questions:

Is it even worth it for us who don't do Facebook/Twitter, ect. to enter submittions on here?

Is there a fair shot to the artist if you're not one of the people that's popular in the world of social media with dozens of friends that will vote for your work who have bought something here before?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down any of the top designs or saying mine comes anywhere near competing with them, I'm just trying to see if these derbies are more a popularity contest or based on pure skill.

So far it reminds me of the art contests I entered when I was little...if the names were on the front, the Mayor's kid or the Dentist's kids always won....but you hide the names so the voting isn't swayed either way and you get a whole new group of winners. I really hope I'm wrong on that though...

Don't get discouraged by the artists you feel have a large social media following... I advertise on social media and think there is about one person in my facebook friends that's actually eligible to vote at woot. I follow several woot artists on twitter and they follow me as well... we tweet the links to our current entries and then we all accidentally forget to vote for each other. There are a few artists I will normally vote for (unless I hate their entry) because of the comradery we have developed at woot. But it certainly isn't a sure thing. And I can attest that after I tweet a link to my entry, rarely does that result in a vote. Some artists do have a following of fans, but I've found that the followings are not all that strong and can be overcome with a decent entry. So my advice is to keep submitting your entries... tweet out a link every now and again.... If you get one vote out of that you are at least on par with what I get. Marketing can be important, but it really isn't going to sway things dramatically.

Nothing follows.

thewronggrape

Re: Never On Time

I love your lines. Drool.

ingencorp

taternuggets wrote:Don't get discouraged by the artists you feel have a large social media following... I advertise on social media and think there is about one person in my facebook friends that's actually eligible to vote at woot. I follow several woot artists on twitter and they follow me as well... we tweet the links to our current entries and then we all accidentally forget to vote for each other. There are a few artists I will normally vote for (unless I hate their entry) because of the comradery we have developed at woot. But it certainly isn't a sure thing. And I can attest that after I tweet a link to my entry, rarely does that result in a vote. Some artists do have a following of fans, but I've found that the followings are not all that strong and can be overcome with a decent entry. So my advice is to keep submitting your entries... tweet out a link every now and again.... If you get one vote out of that you are at least on par with what I get. Marketing can be important, but it really isn't going to sway things dramatically.

Alright, thanks for your insight. The only "web presence" that I have is customizing action figures through eBay and they won't allow links to something like this and no Facebook for me, lol.

And I definetely understand the importance of marketing but in a totally different marketplace; just don't have any yet in the T-Shirt design arena.

Thanks again.

taternuggets

ingencorp wrote:Alright, thanks for your insight. The only "web presence" that I have is customizing action figures through eBay and they won't allow links to something like this and no Facebook for me, lol.

And I definetely understand the importance of marketing but in a totally different marketplace; just don't have any yet in the T-Shirt design arena.

Thanks again.

One more thing... you'll find as you submit more and more entries here, the votes will start to come a little easier. You'll develop your own following here and that will trump anything you can drum up on social media. My first entries here didn't get many votes, but as I kept at it, votes started getting easier. I still don't win, but I'm on my way.

Nothing follows.

thewronggrape

ingencorp wrote:[snip] Is it even worth it for us who don't do Facebook/Twitter, ect. to enter submittions on here? [snip]

I think the key it to keep submitting. People who like your style will start recognizing your work. There are some artists here whose styles I really like and are instantly recognizable to me. I do follow a couple of them on Facebook, mainly because I like seeing their doodles and other non Woot pieces. It doesn't really affect my voting. I still come to the derby and check out all the entries, voting for the ones I really like no matter the artist.

taternuggets

Re: The Gay Deceiver

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

Nothing follows.

ingencorp

taternuggets wrote:One more thing... you'll find as you submit more and more entries here, the votes will start to come a little easier. You'll develop your own following here and that will trump anything you can drum up on social media. My first entries here didn't get many votes, but as I kept at it, votes started getting easier. I still don't win, but I'm on my way.

Okay, thanks. I'm not expecting to win or place in even the top 25, I just have to decide if this is something that's worth the time and effort I would put into it each week. But your words have giving me insight so I'll see how the voting goes this week. Good luck to you.

ingencorp

thewronggrape wrote:I think the key it to keep submitting. People who like your style will start recognizing your work. There are some artists here whose styles I really like and are instantly recognizable to me. I do follow a couple of them on Facebook, mainly because I like seeing their doodles and other non Woot pieces. It doesn't really affect my voting. I still come to the derby and check out all the entries, voting for the ones I really like no matter the artist.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. As I said, this site is totally new to me and I'm still getting a feel for it all. The fact that I got a submisson from start to finish in a few hours is a victory in and of itself for me, lol.
I just didn't want to have to start up a Facebook account; I'm a very private person, lol.

taternuggets

ingencorp wrote:Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. As I said, this site is totally new to me and I'm still getting a feel for it all. The fact that I got a submisson from start to finish in a few hours is a victory in and of itself for me, lol.
I just didn't want to have to start up a Facebook account; I'm a very private person, lol.

Oh, and draw cats. Cats win here. Cats and only cats. If you can draw a cat you can rule the woot world.

Nothing follows.

ingencorp

taternuggets wrote:Oh, and draw cats. Cats win here. Cats and only cats. If you can draw a cat you can rule the woot world.

My daughter has a cat....my guess is that she could hold it down while I trace around the cat. It has claws, so it might be an interesting afternoon.

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
taternuggets wrote:I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

lol. I was afraid of that.
I think it's my idea of the ship.
But there is at least a visual pun, with the name and it resembles Homer's bartender, Mo. But I didn't intend that.
For the n, it's the number of parallel universes possible in the novel.

piwerx

piwerx wrote:lol. I was afraid of that.
I think it's my idea of the ship.
But there is at least a visual pun, with the name and it resembles Homer's bartender, Mo. But I didn't intend that.
For the n, it's the number of parallel universes possible in the novel.

And I probably should have called the shirt 'The Number of the Beast' which I thought was the name of the ship for years, but I recently reread it, which I shouldn't have done, it was better the first time.

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
Re: The Encounter

I really like this one, Omar. Good luck!

piwerx

taternuggets wrote:I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at.

One more thing, and I'm glad you asked me about it too, btw.

I am not a talented artist, as some of the designers clearly are; however, I think many merely design for the woot crowd taking few chances {cats}.

I entered a bit more about a year ago, and I've learned I'm not super funny either :-(
So I don't expect people to get my dry wit and off beat puns, but if you're tired of cats...
VOTE for the Gay Deceiver.

(Now I'm just soliciting) It's one of my better visual comps.
Thanks.

taternuggets

piwerx wrote:but if you're tired of cats...
VOTE for the Gay Deceiver.

Done!

Nothing follows.

piwerx

taternuggets wrote:Done!

WOW. Thanks!!
I mean it will never print, but at least it's weird, and has an obscure Time Continua tie-in.
I think I could actually wear this one, and that is my main criteria from now on: Would I wear this? Hellz yeah.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: the cheapest way to go back in time

The original drawing, before I scanned it, is about two inches wide.

This fun fact brought to you by Ape Lad, one of the last cartoonists to use ink on paper.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: Cro-Magnons New Car In Year 2013

Inspired by this:
[/url]

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf
Re: time traveller

Love the colors! Very pretty :D

claravox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claravox

cool!

Re: time traveller

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
orabbit wrote:Tight!

Thank you! Here's a detail of the halftoning.

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
taternuggets wrote:Oh, and draw cats. Cats win here. Cats and only cats. If you can draw a cat you can rule the woot world.

Maybe one day I'll understand the attraction to cats (doubt it). I have a cat and he sucks. He's an ass and has been for the past 18 years. I no longer find anything he does remotely funny because I have learned that he lives only to make my life miserable. For examples, I am awake right now at 4:30 AM because he demanded that I get up and feed him.

AND how many cat shirts can a person own?? It's extremely disturbing how many grown men on this site have such a fascination with cats.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
ingencorp wrote:Im brand new here (just learned of this site yesterday) and submitted my first design today.

So, my questions:

There is a clique here, you'll see a lot of the same artist are in the fog week after week even with crappy designs. Woot will even let these crappy designs win and go to print even if they only sell a few. That part I don't understand. Anyway if you stick around long enough and make friends with the cool kids, you might do ok. Science, cats, and dinosaurs seem to be the most popular here. Be sure to learn all you can about Tesla, Schrodinger's Cat, anything cat related, turtles and bunnies because they rule in here.

pijaczaj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pijaczaj
Re: Attack To Paleolithic

my favorite one

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy
Re: Challenger Approaching

Master H. and Crazy H. have gone back in time to attempt to set the new standard for all future one-on-one duels.

The rules are simple...
No Items
Fox Only
Final Destination

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Spacetime Continuum

While I love community, I would still consider this a reference to Dr. Who.