fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: The Visionary

Love the little drawings in the background!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Wormhole Time Travel Agency - Now Paradox Free!

I like the way this looks like it could be a real shirt for a time travel agency!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Imagination

Cute idea!

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: Attack To Paleolithic

Lol this is great.

l4dytron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l4dytron

must..have..can´t resist..

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: Recover

this design is just wow!!!could you show some details?

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
Re: Quantum Meep

Wow! Somehow managed to slip into the top nine. Thank you Wooters for all the votes!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
orabbit wrote:A word of advice - as a new artist, you might not realize that every post you make adds up to the perception of your overall character and "likeability". In general, grumpy-butts don't get a lot of votes.

That's pretty heavy handed "advice"

"That's a nice family of votes you have there....be a shame if anything happened to them."

Nothing follows.

kpbrnemtp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpbrnemtp
Re: Stay on the Path

Amazing. Beautiful, evocative, thoughtful work. If this prints it's an instabuy for me. Woot, I'd love this in a hoodie or long-sleeve...

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
taternuggets wrote:That's pretty heavy handed "advice"

"That's a nice family of votes you have there....be a shame if anything happened to them."

I didn't appreciate the belligerent tone and attack on my integrity. Didn't mean to come off as heavy handed, but sometimes people don't realize that they're developing a reputation. Guess I should keep my mouth shut.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
orabbit wrote:I didn't appreciate the belligerent tone and attack on my integrity. Didn't mean to come off as heavy handed, but sometimes people don't realize that they're developing a reputation. Guess I should keep my mouth shut.

I'm not implying you were out of line. Had he said something similar to myself, I would have pounced just as you did. There is a certain amount of truth to your advice. It just struck me as funny.

Nothing follows.

ENarciso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ENarciso
orabbit wrote:I didn't appreciate the belligerent tone and attack on my integrity. Didn't mean to come off as heavy handed, but sometimes people don't realize that they're developing a reputation. Guess I should keep my mouth shut.

I would think instead of voting based on how you feel about the artist, you voted based on THE ART itself. I've come to realize woot apparently doesn't work like that though.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
bigpauly85 wrote:This shirt is flat-out incredible...i would literally wear it so much it would fall apart. Enthusiastic +1

thanks a lot for your warm comment and enthusiastic vote

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
Re: Gear & Pinion Time Machines

Those newfangled time machines are amazing, but what happens if you run out of power? It's not like the Mesozoic has charging stations. With a Gear & Pinion Time Machine, you just turn the crank and you will be back to your time, in no time!

danieltiramisu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danieltiramisu
Re: The Encounter

This... This I like. keep it up.

danieltiramisu

Re: Sands of Time

+1 for the falling camel :]

danieltiramisu

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Cute idea!

thanks!

danieltiramisu

blackbirdps3 wrote:Guys, don't worry if this shirt doesn't win. You can buy it from these other sites:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/wersns/works/8439007-inspector-spacetime-v-2?ref=work_more_artist_works

http://skreened.com/tanktops/the-question-constable-tank

That's just a few of many!
This is just plagiarism to a ridiculous level. Does shame set in at any point or does changing the font and minor details count as being original?
(I won't even mention the second hand Dr Who reference.)

Most art is plagiarism, by taking something old and twisting it into something new. Obviously, this is acceptable to a certain degree, but I think Orabbit's design is totally acceptable, as it takes an old design and spruces it up to something different.

always in support of questionable art. :] Great design too, GMV

danieltiramisu

Re: Future Me Visit

lol the little pandas expression! love it

WooglinGA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WooglinGA

I would potentially argue that the Jesus/Santa one is different in that that is a legitimate argument considered in a lot of Christian communities, and the shirt reflected it. I, for one, have a few friends who weren't allowed to believe in Santa as children.

I can't remember the other Jesus shirts in question, though.

danieltiramisu

Re: When Having Fun

I really like the pencil drawing look. classy.

danieltiramisu

ApeLad wrote:The original drawing, before I scanned it, is about two inches wide.

This fun fact brought to you by Ape Lad, one of the last cartoonists to use ink on paper.

ink on paper?! what sorcery is this?

thehookshot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thehookshot
Re: Pendulum of Time

Thanks for the support and votes everyone. I thought there were a few Chrono Trigger fans out there .

Here is a larger view as well: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bdab9ba650832a4a94131939ed3a146f/tumblr_minf3z565K1rzgtelo1_1280.jpg

danieltiramisu

Re: Time Travel College

ah this would've been great in the College T-shirt derby. Still, great design! GMV

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
orabbit wrote:A word of advice - as a new artist, you might not realize that every post you make adds up to the perception of your overall character and "likeability". In general, grumpy-butts don't get a lot of votes.

Thanks for finally given credibility to the conspiracy theory of the "established clique". I always knew it existed.

ENarciso wrote:I would think instead of voting based on how you feel about the artist, you voted based on THE ART itself. I've come to realize woot apparently doesn't work like that though.

No, that's not how this place works at all.

orabbit wrote:Didn't mean to come off as heavy handed, but sometimes people don't realize that they're developing a reputation.

Yes, know your role and shut your hole or you'll never get printed. Good advice to new artists! Earn your stripes and just maybe they'll throw you a bone.

And they called me crazy. What an enlightening day!

khallion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khallion
Re: Spacetime Continuum

I LOVE this design, I really hope it prints, I want to buy one. Good luck!

Many artists come up with the same concept, independently of each other, happens all the time.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: I got you babe

Really dig your illustration on here, as well as it being one of the best movies ever. Great job! This is a design I would wear.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
tomspc wrote:And they called me crazy.

To be fair, you're definitely still crazy. It's just for all the right reasons.

tomspc

lotsofgoats wrote:To be fair, you're definitely still crazy. It's just for all the right reasons.

I can live with that

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
danieltiramisu wrote:+1 for the falling camel :]

yeah, buddy! thanks

casenightmaregreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casenightmaregreen

oops, doublepost

casenightmaregreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casenightmaregreen
Re: Quantum Meep

Want so badly! Beaker is my hero. Well not quite hero, he's a tad too beaten for that. But you know what I mean. I love Beaker.

oneshoeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneshoeoff
ingencorp wrote:I would buy this in a second if it gets printed. Great job!

kpbrnemtp wrote:Amazing. Beautiful, evocative, thoughtful work. If this prints it's an instabuy for me. Woot, I'd love this in a hoodie or long-sleeve...

Awww, thanks!

only1woodman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages only1woodman

Let's be realistic. By the year 2016, Mr. Norris will be President if he decides he wants to be. He is an unstoppable force, and once he gets his foot in the race...his foot will win.

Need more proof? Let's look at the facts. This shirt depicts a sign from the future. The sign shows his imminent run for office and subsequent election. However, you choose to vote...keep in this sign in mind and don't ignore the facts.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

I don't think there's anything to do except vote for shirts you actually want, like the button says. Wanting a shirt on a site that sells shirt means that you'd buy that shirt if it was available, despite whatever way you might try to misinterpret what "I'd want one" means. If the winrars aren't actually selling, woot will eventually do something about the system. Business can only suffer so much before a change is made.

Anybody coming out with a real dope design is going to win in spite of whatever votehoarding occurs. So do that. Just crush it with a design and you'll have nothing to worry about.

tomspc

lotsofgoats wrote:I don't think there's anything to do except vote for shirts you actually want, like the button says. Wanting a shirt on a site that sells shirt means that you'd buy that shirt if it was available, despite whatever way you might try to misinterpret what "I'd want one" means. If the winrars aren't actually selling, woot will eventually do something about the system. Business can only suffer so much before a change is made.

Anybody coming out with a real dope design is going to win in spite of whatever votehoarding occurs. So do that. Just crush it with a design and you'll have nothing to worry about.

agree, now if it could just be that simple.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
blackbirdps3 wrote:If you want a Yoshi shirt, why don't you just buy a real Yoshi shirt? They sell them online.

I'm not a fan of the whole "change it just enough to make it a legally printable". Let's be original and give other people's creations a break. Has there been a derby without a Zelda or Super Mario character? I don't think so...

I appreciate what you're saying and I can respect your opinion. However I love pop culture. In fact I'm obsessed with it. And using pop culture in exciting and new ways is a lot of fun as a designer, hence why I made this design. Sure it's not for everyone, but I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the input though.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb

Vistaquest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vistaquest
Re: Hipster Neutrino

I think you mean a tachyon? A neutrino experiences time similarly to other observed standard model particles, by which I mean normally.