2%
86%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

My all time favorite game! The shirt? I don't like it.

lordao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordao

Perhaps I missed something a while back, but how does the #10 shirt get sold on Sunday instead of the #3?

ollietheunicorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ollietheunicorn

you are not the only one to not like the shirt....14 minutes in and only 2 shirts sold...and don't get what game this is about?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lordao wrote:Perhaps I missed something a while back, but how does the #10 shirt get sold on Sunday instead of the #3?

Recent update to the Derby:

Friday: #1 Votes
Saturday: #2 Votes
Sunday: Editor's Choice

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe
ThunderThighs wrote:Recent update to the Derby:

Ah, thanks. I missed that change too. Haven't been following woot much since they upped the prices and changed from American Apparel.

For those who don't get the shirt, it is "Yoshi's Island" re-imagined.

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

I saw this and immediately started thinking of Pandaren.

This probably means I play too much WoW. >_>

cmgonzalez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmgonzalez

Normally, I like subtle references over obnoxiously loud ones, but this isn't specific enough. The wearer will have to explain this over and over because "Yoshi" isn't intuitive.

Samurai king of the hill?

Shogun?

And thus, while a nice design, doesn't really capture the intended title well enough for me.

jessiferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessiferr

It's Yoshi's Island (for any wondering). One of my favorite games ever! I love Yoshi.

nverian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nverian
panpear wrote:I saw this and immediately started thinking of Pandaren.

This probably means I play too much WoW. >_>

That's ok. I was like - IS THAT A YAUNGOL? COOOOOOW.

much0gust0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages much0gust0

Hmm, if it's supposed to be Yoshi's Island, it seems like the image on the flag could have at least been an egg, right?

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

Woo! Mini ninjas; this is great. An often overlooked masterpiece. Oh, yoshi's island is it? I don't see it. I guess the artist touched fuzzy and got dizzy making this one.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
ThunderThighs wrote:Recent update to the Derby:

But there is a 3rd place ribbon on it in the picture, not the Editor's Choice
ribbon.

millerparkbound

quality posts: 1 Private Messages millerparkbound

I never played Yoshi's Island, so my first reaction was "Why would they make a shirt for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, and only put 1 turtle on it." Turns out I was way wrong but in my defense I was a sega kid, never owned a SNES.

cbowers18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbowers18

The samurai stands proud; but green? Is he Irish?

rstiltskin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rstiltskin

I want it in a hoodie. I have enough t shirts. i want more hooodies. i want this in a hoodie. give me hoodies.
creeps.

pinothyj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pinothyj

This has a very 'Mini Ninjas' feel to it.

I like it…

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

So, now 3rd place is irrelevant.

sidneyanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sidneyanne

It seems like you just about have to be a gamer to understand any of the shirts any more. I used to look forward to a little laugh every day when I checked out the Woot shirt and the write up. Now I don't even understand most of them, even after reading everything. Woot is not just gamers. In fact there are some of us that think gaming is totally yeahhhhhhhh.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito
sidneyanne wrote:It seems like you just about have to be a gamer to understand any of the shirts any more.

It's almost as if there's some nefarious video game-based derby going on here!

As to the shirt, the only thing I could think of was Samurai Showdown, but I never played Yoshi's Island. Glad to see Kelly Green come around once again.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Five and half minutes to first woot, no quality posts, no thank you from the artist. What's going on here, slow servers, lack of interest? Staff all on break?

jacobalfredo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobalfredo
Stexe wrote:Ah, thanks. I missed that change too. Haven't been following woot much since they upped the prices and changed from American Apparel.

Yeah, right? I just received random shirts for my kid, and I was really surprised at the change in the style of the shirts. The American Apparel and the older, similarly-proportioned woot-branded shirts used to fit we slender types pretty well -- now my son would have to be almost as wide as he is tall for these to fit. WOOT OUR KIDS ARE NOT SPHEROIDS.

LittleFoxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LittleFoxx

I wanted another fox shirt T.T

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
zekecatz wrote:Five and half minutes to first woot, no quality posts, no thank you from the artist. What's going on here, slow servers, lack of interest? Staff all on break?

This may end up being another rari-tee ...

Patrick rarely posts and as I can tell, they're down a mod since Inky is no longer staff.

jonwhoa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonwhoa

Oh... didn't catch that it was Yoshi's island... I thought at first it was Fruit Samurai, er... Ninja. Looks great either way!

templetonpeck76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages templetonpeck76

I thought that it was Samurai Showdown?! It could be. Didn't think Yoshi's Island until I read the comments.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

I played Yoshi's Island. Even if you told me that the samurai's name was Yoshi, I still don't think I would have gotten it. I see samurai mountain. Nothing about this reminds me of that game.

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose
jacobalfredo wrote:The American Apparel and the older, similarly-proportioned woot-branded shirts used to fit we slender types pretty well -- now my son would have to be almost as wide as he is tall for these to fit.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the cut of a recent kid size shirt. Very odd.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

I like it. It's serene and reminds me of the islands in Japanese gardens that you admire from afar rather than walk on.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 5m 33.116s
First Sucker: Chajiko
Last Wooter to Woot: bigwill8302
Last Purchase: 9 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 151

First day sales 151
First day posts 28

fluchtpunkt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluchtpunkt

At first, the title reminded me of this recent fail, and then I was kinda disappointed that the shirt didn't quite match, not even in color. :D

I miss the slender (S for Slender, yes? :D) cut for ladies shirts, too ... When I joined shirt.woot, the shirts didn't only have clever designs, they also made me feel more feminine.
If I want to wear tents, I can buy regular shirts (yes, also size "S") here in Germany.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
TheGolux wrote:Speed to First Woot: 5m 33.116s
First Sucker: Chajiko
Last Wooter to Woot: bigwill8302
Last Purchase: 9 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 151

First day sales 151
First day posts 28

Wowzers! Is that number correct?!? Did a Spens design undersell the infamous Skatetown?

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:Wowzers! Is that number correct?!? Did a Spens design undersell the infamous Skatetown?

Too early to say that right now, as that number was inclusive of a run through the reckoning, of which this one has yet to complete. It did sell more than the vote count, so there's at least that going for it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Too early to say that right now, as that number was inclusive of a run through the reckoning, of which this one has yet to complete. It did sell more than the vote count, so there's at least that going for it.

Still. buckfiddy opening day? I think nesting dolls sold better than that. Waddams Threatens Fire?

move along

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind
j5 wrote:Still. buckfiddy opening day? I think nesting dolls sold better than that. Waddams Threatens Fire?

Close but not quite. The nesting doll shirt sold just 127, and was the 2nd worst ever. There's always hope for the future though!