jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

Maybe it's just me but that t-rex looks kinda like Barney.

awfulfalafel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awfulfalafel
ceagee wrote:But Are you even sure t-rex meat would be a good thing ? Maybe it would make you sick. Some lizard are poisonous. Not to mention what time travel would do to flesh. Wormholes => wormy ?? That adds another factor in this time travel version of the game.

It's never clarified whether the temporal anomaly brought the T-Rex forward in time, or brought you and your wagon backward. If the latter, you could certainly beat the rush and stake out a good spot in what will later become Oregon.

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana

Dead of temporal wormhole? But he looks so friendly and genial!

rabbiferret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabbiferret

I love this shirt, but there is one detail that bothers me... The shape of the box (see screen) is a wide (screen) rectangle, rather than the period square that used to keep me enthralled. What bothers me more is that there is plenty of room to crop & make it right.

It's the detail that is stopping me from buying this shirt (remarkably).

Am I the only one?

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

Sounds like someone needs to re-make Oregon Trail and bring this guy into the idea room! Super awesome!

LagNinja05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LagNinja05
thumperchick wrote:I bet that T-Rex got and died of Dysentery. That, or one of his oxen died, delaying him severely.

LOL, Hi-larious! Plus he would've died crossing the river anyway.

LagNinja05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LagNinja05
rabbiferret wrote:I love this shirt, but there is one detail that bothers me... The shape of the box (see screen) is a wide (screen) rectangle, rather than the period square that used to keep me enthralled. What bothers me more is that there is plenty of room to crop & make it right.

It's the detail that is stopping me from buying this shirt (remarkably).

Am I the only one?

No, I'm not buyint the shirt either. Because I'm broke. But you're right about the screen ratio (4:3 repre-ZENT!)

GrammarYahtzee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages GrammarYahtzee

I gotta say I like the idea of this mashup. That scene from Jurassic Park is one of the all time greats, IMHO. It's right up there with the Luke vs. Vader fight in Empire, the bike flying across the moon in E.T., the gold statuette and subsequent rolling boulder in Raiders, etc.

Oh, what's this? Someone left a perfectly suitable grammar/writing soapbox here. Well, let me just step up here . . . oh my, this is a small box. I guess I'll just have to concentrate on one of the many errors, the last sentence, which is "Fast." It should be fairly evident that "fast" is not a sentence. Instead, I believe it was the author's intent to modify the verb of the preceding sentence so that the rex's stride was quickened. In other words, that the rex quickly strides, or, in better words, that the rex sprints, or bounds, or rushes.

"B-but Mr. Yahtzee, sir, this is shirt.woot, not The Effing Atlantic, or the NY Times."

Let's look at it this way; if the write up were math expressions instead of sentences and you came across this "3+2 5=10" You would immediately cry foul and state that there was a missing addition operator. Similarly when you read "look in at them through wagon flap." You should cry foul and say, "you mean through the wagon flap!" Also, if you saw 3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3=27, you would say, why not jut put 3x9=27? In like manner, "peers down, from high above," where else would you peer down from? Do you peer down from a moderate height? Nope, the descriptive is redundant and unnecessary.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
glabifrons wrote:I wonder if the person who created this is (also) a fan of Primeval.

(yes, I get the Oregon Trail reference)

That was my first thought too. If there had been a little pixel anomaly I would of been all over this shirt.

amdiz113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amdiz113
ceagee wrote:But Are you even sure t-rex meat would be a good thing ? Maybe it would make you sick. Some lizard are poisonous. Not to mention what time travel would do to flesh. Wormholes => wormy ?? That adds another factor in this time travel version of the game.

Lizard meat being poisonous. Don't worry they turned into birds... tastes like chicken.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

For all those confused, this references a game I used to play as a kid, Oregan Trail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Trail_(video_game)

woaikonglong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woaikonglong

One of the best write-ups I've seen in a while!

Literally laughed out loud from where I sit at a tech counter in a library.

Changing the world... one asylum at a time...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

GrammarYahtzee wrote:where else would you peer down from? Do you peer down from a moderate height? Nope, the descriptive is redundant and unnecessary.

You can peer from any distance. And direction. Peering has nothing to with height, it's a manner of looking. So yeah, the sentence is fine.

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

Heh. I left in April and got there in the end of March of the next year. Took me 2 weeks to get new oxen after the robber stole mine. And I kept getting lost in blizzards for some reason.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Yay! congrats Mj!

TaylorConsulting

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TaylorConsulting

I love the cute little story, but for the life of me I don't understand the word "benumnbed".

skucera

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skucera
safyrejet wrote:Oh Oregon Trail, such memories. I was darn proud of myself first time I made it to the end without dying. I wonder how much meat you'd get from shooting a T-Rex. I bet I could manage to miss it.

You'd inevitably only be able to carry back 200 lbs, though.

stfuengtfo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stfuengtfo
auctionsaver wrote:For all those confused, this references a game I used to play as a kid, Oregan Trail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon_Trail_(video_game)

Also the other side of this reference which someone mentioned but it hasn't gotten the love it deserves, because this is most definitely NOT a Jurassic Park Reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeval

"Primeval follows a team of scientists tasked with investigating the appearance of temporal anomalies across Great Britain through which prehistoric and futuristic creatures enter the present, as well as trying to prevent end-of-the-world scenarios from occurring."

lckylbstr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lckylbstr

must have stumbled across a leyline nexus...

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

I'm not much of an Oregon Trail fan, but something about this shirt makes me want it.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, MJ! I had a feeling this would take first.

aeroboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aeroboy
stfuengtfo wrote:Also the other side of this reference which someone mentioned but it hasn't gotten the love it deserves, because this is most definitely NOT a Jurassic Park Reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeval

While I understand the opinion, Jurassic Park most definitely predates Primeval, and the write up sets the scene as a mock of a famous scene from the first film in the series.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Thanks everyone, it's been a great day! :D

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 59.331s
First Sucker: p00b0x
Last Wooter to Woot: guinluvsc
Last Purchase: 5 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 47% of Shirt Woots
Top 32% of all Woots