Danni1185

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danni1185
Re: Zombie Chart

I NEED this shirt! Great job!!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
omarfeliciano wrote:And you don't want a god to be angry, wouldn't you?

No I wouldn't so I gave my vote to make sure. lol

cresswellc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cresswellc
Re: Brain of a Cat

This would get my vote, but hoping they can fix the error on litter (liter).

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
tomspc wrote:No I wouldn't so I gave my vote to make sure. lol

Thanks buddy! I really appreciate it.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

very clever--nice work harzack!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I don't like how it says both zombie and walker on the shirt.

This is a Walking Dead reference, yet there is no "zombie" in that universe. I think it would have made more sense to use another word like undead instead of walker and just have the shapes of the living characters be the more subtle reference to it.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Brain Types

Thanks for all your support! It was fun. After subbing i thought about "brain candy," but really like having a punchline on a design that is visual and verbage.

benjaminleebates

curli76 wrote:LOVE it, but not sure how many musical theater nerds there are here.

Not sure, either, thought using a ghost buster reference might help to counter balance that
equation

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: Revolution

Haha, really clever!+1

cfadden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfadden

You're right. Needs more lies.

bpeterson82 wrote:needs more lies...LOTS more lies.

cfadden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfadden

I like this. Nice.

Re: Bullets and Flowers

harzack

bluetuba wrote:I don't like how it says both zombie and walker on the shirt.

This is a Walking Dead reference, yet there is no "zombie" in that universe. I think it would have made more sense to use another word like undead instead of walker and just have the shapes of the living characters be the more subtle reference to it.

This design is not based on "The Walking Dead". Has zombie culture references in general. I think the term "walker" is sometimes taken as a type of zombie. (I've seen in RPGs and also in video games) do not know if they are infected or zombies. Like I said not based on anything in particular, so I think the way to becoming "walking corpses" not important. The term "undead" is fine but for me is more tied to the epic and fantasy. What do you think? (World of warcraft). Thank you all for your support.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
PixelPants wrote:Woot only allows derby submissions to be placed of the front of the shirt.

not true.

No both-sided, but I think back placement is allowed.

move along

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
harzack wrote:This design is not based on "The Walking Dead". Has zombie culture references in general. I think the term "walker" is sometimes taken as a type of zombie. (I've seen in RPGs and also in video games) do not know if they are infected or zombies. Like I said not based on anything in particular, so I think the way to becoming "walking corpses" not important. The term "undead" is fine but for me is more tied to the epic and fantasy. What do you think? (World of warcraft). Thank you all for your support.

This is clearly a walking dead reference, don't pretend it isn't. Extremely well done illustration though.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
harzack wrote:This design is not based on "The Walking Dead". Has zombie culture references in general. I think the term "walker" is sometimes taken as a type of zombie. (I've seen in RPGs and also in video games) do not know if they are infected or zombies. Like I said not based on anything in particular, so I think the way to becoming "walking corpses" not important. The term "undead" is fine but for me is more tied to the epic and fantasy. What do you think? (World of warcraft). Thank you all for your support.

If the "survivors" wore black, this would be a GoT reference (White Walkers + Night's Watch)

move along

bluetuba

harzack wrote:This design is not based on "The Walking Dead".

Ahh, well I did notice that some of the survivors that didn't fit what I know of Walking Dead (the guy with a chainsaw and the guy dual wielding pistols) but I figured they might be from the comic. Your most prominant figures though, are pretty recognizable as characters from Walking Dead or are vague enough (character with a bat, various guns, ect..) to fit in just fine there.

harzack wrote:I think the term "walker" is sometimes taken as a type of zombie. (I've seen in RPGs and also in video games) do not know if they are infected or zombies. Like I said not based on anything in particular, so I think the way to becoming "walking corpses" not important. The term "undead" is fine but for me is more tied to the epic and fantasy. What do you think? (World of warcraft). Thank you all for your support.

This I think you've got backwards. Walker is very specific to Walking Dead and I've never heard of it outside of there. Undead however is a very general term used for anything from zombies, to vampires, to mummies, anything that's risen from the dead in any genre.

I just think that most people who see this will immediately peg it as a Walking Dead reference because of all the survivors who resemble it and the term walker.

And one of the biggest factiods about The Walking Dead is that it's a world where zombie was never a part of the culture, thus the characters in that world were shocked and clueless about how to deal with such a creature. The creator/writer specifically avoids using the term.

It just sticks out to me. :P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Henroid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Henroid88

Freaking awesome!

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
curli76 wrote:LOVE it, but not sure how many musical theater nerds there are here.

Didn't think knowledge of "The Sound of Music" was limited to musical theater nerds, given that the movie is a well-known and beloved classic, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the reference?

kyrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyrn

ctoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctoc
Re: Be Like Luke

Smiled big at this. Luke's weird faces always did & still do cause me to laugh at the most inappropriate times. He is a bit whiny, isn't he? Must be the blue milk.

Vote for me? That would be so very nice.
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69824/walking-its-not-for-everyone

oneshoeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneshoeoff

This is amazing!!!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
harzack wrote:This design is not based on "The Walking Dead".
bluetuba wrote:I just think that most people who see this will immediately peg it as a Walking Dead reference because of all the survivors who resemble it and the term walker.

Agree. It's definitely The Walking Dead. I immediately recognized Daryl and Rick in the survivors. I'm a huge WD fan so a selling point for me.

j5 wrote:If the "survivors" wore black, this would be a GoT reference (White Walkers + Night's Watch)

harzack should do a 2nd version using the GoT reference.

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy
Re: Revolution

This right here, you seeing this? This is what I need. Funny stuff! GMV!

benjaminleebates

speedlazer wrote:Didn't think knowledge of "The Sound of Music" was limited to musical theater nerds, given that the movie is a well-known and beloved classic, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the reference?

It's just one of those things...
If you know it, you just can't imagine how others wouldn't. And the equation can be quickly applied to other subjects. There's lotsa humor on this site that wouldn't work at all in a walmart. Specific tastes and exposure. I think the randomness of the humor, and the "inside joke" aspect of any tee can launch it or crush it. Depending on what crowd happens to by voting that week.

harzack

tomspc wrote:harzack should do a 2nd version using the GoT reference.

Well, as I said I wanted to use famous references. At first I also thought to call it with something like "z chart" or "global chart z" to give the reference of "z wolrd war" (Chart of the dead or die chart) It is true that these two survivors made ​​based on what reminded of "walking dead" because I've only seen the first season. I want to read my comics, because I did not like the series much.: D I've heard that the third season is totally different and its a must- see if you are a fan of zombies.
In the board game "zombiecide" and the video game "Dead Island" is a kind of zombie called "walker" but anyway I know this can be based directly on "walking dead" by what you have told me .

It would be a great idea! I have no time now because this design took me a great job but it is very possible to make a version if you think it might like.: D

oakenspirit

quality posts: 76 Private Messages oakenspirit
bluetuba wrote:I don't like how it says both zombie and walker on the shirt.

They use the word zombie all the time in The Walking Dead comic... maybe not the TV show...

The shirt is awesome... just finished the Walking dead game last night... MY GOD.

harzack

Re: Daily Cup of Coffee Facts

Forgot to put that if you take 100 cofees you will go into "bullet time":D good job guys.

harzack

Re: How it all started

Haha cool!do you like music uh?+1

Henroid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Henroid88
harzack wrote:Forgot to put that if you take 100 cofees you will go into "bullet time":D good job guys.

Haha, aw dang! Maybe, we'll do it on a resub!

harzack

Re: Shire Pie

It is very intuitive, the first thing I saw was the circle and finish down to the stones that made me laugh. This deserves more votes and you have mine.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
graffd02 wrote:YEAH... umm.. that's MY idea...

So since your Threadless idea isn't actually in print, (which is itself a close rework from a shirt you had for sale up at Ript a few years ago) does this fall under the similar shirts exist rule? I thought that was only for shirts in print.

ctoc

Re: Solar Transit Authority

Sweet! But poor Pluto. I feel so sad for him.

Vote for me please? That would be so very nice.

ctoc

Re: know your bones

"Mom's third eye" & "that little bump thing" has been mystifying all of us for centuries. Great design.

Vote for me please? That would be so very nice.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Vennd Over

I know what it's supposed to be, but I think it's going to be super awkward on a woman. Like really low cleavage.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Big Bang Formula

Might want to post a detail image. I can't read any of the text without squinting...which likely means someone will have to do that to see the design on a shirt as well. Not really a happy situation for girls.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bluetuba

oakenspirit wrote:They use the word zombie all the time in The Walking Dead comic... maybe not the TV show...

Hrmm, well I don't read the comic but I have seen interviews with Kirkman where he talks about why zombie isn't used, but that he may have slipped up and put it in there occasionally while writing.

I always got the impression it was a "thing"

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
bluetuba wrote:Hrmm, well I don't read the comic but I have seen interviews with Kirkman where he talks about why zombie isn't used, but that he may have slipped up and put it in there occasionally while writing.

I always got the impression it was a "thing"

Hershel says "zombie" in the comics and I think Lori does too. If you like the show, you must read the comics! This is a great shirt, Harzack! I definitely see Daryl, Rick, and Michonne in your design. I'm calling it a Walking Dead design. That's a good thing. ;)

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
bdyoung wrote:Not to mention... if your payin' attention to the floor-bacon, you're probably gonna hit your head on the low-levitating triangle with an exclamation point on it...

Haha...yes indeed.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
Re: Rajkwit

Thanks guys! Yeah I head some trouble trying to figure out the spelling. I walked my gf through the possibilities of how to pronounce it and it still took her about 10 minutes to figure it out haha.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984

I love the color scheme you chose for this! Awesome work indeed.