Henroid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Henroid88
ClaudiaM wrote:This looks really good. I can definitely see it printed on burlap
at a brand-name coffee shop.

One q... is that 30 million Americans, or 30 million specialty drinks?

Hey ClaudiaM, thank you for your compliment! I changed the wording of this stat to get the spacing right in the shirt. It's 30 million Americans drink specialty drinks daily.

Henroid88

oakenspirit wrote:So rad!

Squirtle was the best starter for sure! Like the design! +1

Henroid88

Any chance I could get some critiques for my shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69814/daily-cup-of-coffee-facts

Is the thumbnail not doing the shirt justice or is this just not the right style for the shirt?

Any help would be awesome!

NavyDallas

quality posts: 7 Private Messages NavyDallas
Re: Rajkwit

Rock Wit? Raj Quit?

A genuine original Woot!-istanian.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Henroid88 wrote:Any chance I could get some critiques for my shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69814/daily-cup-of-coffee-facts

Is the thumbnail not doing the shirt justice or is this just not the right style for the shirt?

Well, I think you got lost in the sea of late-ish entries. Plus, it's a new style that voters aren't used to yet. You never know what's going to hit. At least I don't. Shiny cute animals are always a sure bet.

Henroid88

orabbit wrote:Well, I think you got lost in the sea of late-ish entries. Plus, it's a new style that voters aren't used to yet. You never know what's going to hit. At least I don't. Shiny cute animals are always a sure bet.

All good points. I think getting a shirt submitted early can really help give you a boost. Thanks for the tips. Maybe a resub with a penguin drinking hot chocolate could help ;)

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Brain Types

Funny !

apalooza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apalooza
flattopfrank wrote:I get it.. gmv

Funny. Good job!

Please vote for my derby entry this week:
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/77900/tis-but-a-scratch

apalooza

deborah11565 wrote:Funny !

Good stuff!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
NavyDallas wrote:Rock Wit? Raj Quit?

Ahhhhhhhh. Now I get it. "Rage quit" -- I think the problem I was having is interpreting the "j" in the Scandinavian y-sounding way, which rendered it "ray quit".

I think RAJGKVIT or just RAGKVIT would work. Kinda late on that I guess, my bad. I do like vee over dubya.

Henroid88

lotsofgoats wrote:Ahhhhhhhh. Now I get it. "Rage quit" -- I think the problem I was having is interpreting the "j" in the Scandinavian y-sounding way, which rendered it "ray quit".

I think RAJGKVIT or just RAGKVIT would work. Kinda late on that I guess, my bad. I do like vee over dubya.

Haha, I thought it was supposed to say "rocket," like he was rocketing his controller at the screen. I still like it, probably more now!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
lotsofgoats wrote:Ahhhhhhhh. Now I get it.

Ditto.

Nothing follows.

apalooza

omarfeliciano wrote:Love it Wence!

Nicely done!

apalooza

Re: Daily Cup of Coffee Facts

This is an excellent infographic!

globalbee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globalbee

I was able to find 2012 names (as you kindly provided), but they did not have any statistical numbers with them. While I did not include the numbers in the actual design, I used them to accurately represent the difference in popularity between the names (as seen in the green bars). Otherwise, sure... I would have just made a list and been done with it.

I didn't think it'd be a huge deal including information from 2010 as the majority of text books I own (even from 2012) all include diagrams that are outdated by a few years or more. Some even as much as 10 or 15 years! Any kind of case study or research involves taking information from a mix of years. I don't know anyone who writes a paper using sources from just the current year. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect that either.

I had a feeling someone would point out the adopted cats all being male too. I guess I just assumed that people would use their common sense to realize it was referring to the larger body of cats. But perhaps you're right. That was a huge undersight on my part.

Thanks for the critique

Narfcake wrote:Since I seem not to have enough cat.shirt.woot ... my opinions:

- The inclusion of 2010 makes the shirt look "dated" already; it's going to look even more dated next year. A quick search did yield a list of most popular kitten names of 2012, but in any case, consider omitting the year completely.
- The cloud for the 20% adopted infers that it's only male cats that were adopted. Shift it over to repreWhat's the remaining 15% for the pie chart?sent the 60/40 gender split.
-
- Good spin on the critter-murder stat.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Where I Like Them

The fox looks like a rat. :<

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

harunafg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harunafg
lotsofgoats wrote:It's difficult to read the stenciling at the top of this. All I can get out of it is "dense" and "state".

Hot
Dense
State

coconutman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: you know who's soul

Really? Well, thanks for the info! I'll fix it.

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
Re: How to please your wife.

I guess no one gets the innuendo...

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: How to please your wife.

Yes we do....

jcourter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcourter

This is a fantastic design! I like the text choice, it's so "brain-y."

danieltiramisu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danieltiramisu
Re: Revolution

I think it's time for a tea party...

danieltiramisu

Re: Cosmic Bullying

poor atoms... awesome design!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Re: Know your TRAPS

LOVE it, but not sure how many musical theater nerds there are here.

danieltiramisu

Re: Piña Colada

that is one classy looking pineapple. :]

danieltiramisu

Re: Breakdown of Reality TV

ain't that the truth...

danieltiramisu

Re: Gaming-eating relationship

I'd get nacho cheese all over this shirt... lol good stuff

danieltiramisu

danieltiramisu

Re: Know your TRAPS

clever... i like this.

danieltiramisu

awesome style. Kinda wish the last one said something with "brain" (maybe "brain food"?), but still GMV. good stuff!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Solar Transit Authority

Clever stuff.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Henroid88 wrote:Any chance I could get some critiques for my shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69814/daily-cup-of-coffee-facts

The coffee facts designs looks really nice. I like it a lot. The style, colors, and layout are awesome. I think it might make a better poster than a shirt, though. Some of the details would be a little hard to see and read (especially from a distance and on the smaller sized shirts). I think it makes an excellent poster. After the hold's over, I might try putting it on Society6 (or somewhere that does posters). I can see it selling there.

Henroid88

apalooza wrote:This is an excellent infographic!

Thank you Apalooza! I enjoy your "not a pie chart" shirt.

Henroid88

BootsBoots wrote:The coffee facts designs looks really nice. I like it a lot. The style, colors, and layout are awesome. I think it might make a better poster than a shirt, though. Some of the details would be a little hard to see and read (especially from a distance and on the smaller sized shirts). I think it makes an excellent poster. After the hold's over, I might try putting it on Society6 (or somewhere that does posters). I can see it selling there.

Bootsboots, thank you for the great feedback. I think you are absolutely right about the T-shirt vs poster comment. I'll need to check out society6 and give them a try as well. Thanks for helping out the new guy!

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy
Re: Zombie Anatomy

This is adorable! I really like the zombie's face/skull. GMV

nickdep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickdep

Hey, so I just submitted my first woot derby entry! I was wondering, how is it that many of the other submissions have a close up view of the design, like the design detail image, while mine has only the shirt comp image? Is there any way to change this?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69840/i-before-e

grg34b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grg34b
Re: The Blackstreet Theorum

spins the verb!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Very creative depictions of all the different types.

steverino22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steverino22
Re: Resub: P.E.S.T. - Personal Eye-Space Test

I changed "than" to "then", as it should have been in the first play. As for both the back and front not being able to be done, I found nothing in the rules that says otherwise. And I kept the front low key so as not to start a riot.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: Zombie Chart

Awesome!