deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

Did you guys quit doing honorable mentions for the derbies? It seems like it has been awhile.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
deborah11565 wrote:Did you guys quit doing honorable mentions for the derbies? It seems like it has been awhile.

They still do it, it just seems to be not quite as frequent.

Nothing follows.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

This is nothing new and shouldn't be alarming. Over the years, woot has had multiple periods where Honourable Mentions got backed up for one reason or another, and the situation always ameliorated (often encouraged by the baying cries of the forumers, as per you here, so keep going, do). I confidently assume that this, too, shall pass. Plus ca change, etc...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
goldenthorn wrote:This is nothing new and shouldn't be alarming. Over the years, woot has had multiple periods where Honourable Mentions got backed up for one reason or another, and the situation always ameliorated (often encouraged by the baying cries of the forumers, as per you here, so keep going, do). I confidently assume that this, too, shall pass. Plus ca change, etc...

Well... I shall choose to be alarmed. Because you told me not to. Take that.

Nothing follows.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

taternuggets wrote:Well... I shall choose to be alarmed. Because you told me not to. Take that.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
taternuggets wrote:Well... I shall choose to be alarmed. Because you told me not to. Take that.

lol ! Ask a simple question....

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
deborah11565 wrote:lol ! Ask a simple question....

A've been wondering the same ting, yer not alone...

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Looking at the blogs, it's been over a month ... and I'm not surprised by the delay, what with fewer on the staff now.

So how about nominating some of our own HM picks in the meantime?

My personal nods go to ...

Derby #289: Tony Centeno's Frankenstein

Derby #290: Kevlar51's The Machine Collective

Derby #291: CollinVH's Inspired by Double Dragon

Derby #292: Fishbiscuit5's Rule #1

Derby #293: BrockArt's How Much Wood

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
goldenthorn wrote:Over the years, woot has had multiple periods where Honourable Mentions...

Aren't you like, from Seattle or something?

Narfcake wrote:Looking at the blogs, it's been over a month ... and I'm not surprised by the delay, what with fewer on the staff now.

You've mentioned this before, but I haven't seen anything other than inkykatz and llandar (not exclusively shirt folk)

Please share.

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:You've mentioned this before, but I haven't seen anything other than inkykatz and llandar (not exclusively shirt folk)

Please share.

when did they leave?!

EDIT:
Thanks for the nod Narfcake!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:

Aren't you like, from Seattle or something?

Hah, nope! I've always written like that, so I'm surprised you just noticed. And, yeah, gather thee rounde this fyre warme and harken unto the tragic tale of ye childe goldenthorne, hopper of bigge ponds and itinerant of foreigne edumacations...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
goldenthorn wrote:Hah, nope! I've always written like that, so I'm surprised you just noticed. And, yeah, gather thee rounde this fyre warme and harken unto the tragic tale of ye childe goldenthorne, hopper of bigge ponds and itinerant of foreigne edumacations...

I grew up in Colorado, the land of no accent. Then spent 10 years in Wyoming, and 5 years in California. My significant other is also a pond hopper. Since I have terrible pronunciation, he often corrects me and JUST enough sticks that my boss now refers to my 'accent' as geographically confused.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
goldenthorn wrote:Hah, nope! I've always written like that, so I'm surprised you just noticed. And, yeah, gather thee rounde this fyre warme and harken unto the tragic tale of ye childe goldenthorne, hopper of bigge ponds and itinerant of foreigne edumacations...

Your writing reminds me of Granny Weatherwax from Terry Pratchett's DiscWorld series! I always have to sound it aloud to figure out what is trying to be said!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
j5 wrote:You've mentioned this before, but I haven't seen anything other than inkykatz and llandar (not exclusively shirt folk)

Please share.

I did, about a month ago, and the post was summarily deleted (which is one of the main reasons why I've been spending very little time here over the past five weeks).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:I did, about a month ago, and the post was summarily deleted (which is one of the main reasons why I've been spending very little time here over the past five weeks).

Yes indeed.

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator