shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88

How does Woot not have some method that allows you to change where your item is shipped before it is processed or shipped? Its ridiculous that I have to e-mail support and hope that they respond before the item ships out...

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
shapeton88 wrote:How does Woot not have some method that allows you to change where your item is shipped before it is processed or shipped? Its ridiculous that I have to e-mail support and hope that they respond before the item ships out...



Well, it is on the order screen, and the verify....

Yeah, I've done it too. I've had to change stuff because I've left my inlaws address in or whatever. I get it. The email has been successful for me.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
KtCallista wrote:Well, it is on the order screen, and the verify....

Yeah, I've done it too. I've had to change stuff because I've left my inlaws address in or whatever. I get it. The email has been successful for me.



How long did it take them? because I payed for "1 day" and I am afraid that if they don't do something within a few hours it will be too late.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
shapeton88 wrote:How long did it take them? because I payed for "1 day" and I am afraid that if they don't do something within a few hours it will be too late.



UPDATE:
I e-mailed the address change request within 15 minutes of my order and support says they can't help me. What kind of company has NO ONE available at night to help people and no way of changing things online. Terrible, that is all I can say.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
shapeton88 wrote:UPDATE:
I e-mailed the address change request within 15 minutes of my order and support says they can't help me. What kind of company has NO ONE available at night to help people and no way of changing things online. Terrible, that is all I can say.



What kind of person changes their mind 10 minutes after they clicked the button confirming that the information THEY ENTERED was correct and then blames the company?

Oh wait...

Seriously, you placed the order. You made a choice. You either didn't read what was in the fields, or changed your mind after hitting the big yellow button. Either way, assume a little responsibility. If you hadn't ordered next day, they likely would have been able to respond in time.

You might try contacting the shipper, often they can change the destination...but it will likely delay the delivery.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
Mavyn wrote:What kind of person changes their mind 10 minutes after they clicked the button confirming that the information THEY ENTERED was correct and then blames the company?

Oh wait...

Seriously, you placed the order. You made a choice. You either didn't read what was in the fields, or changed your mind after hitting the big yellow button. Either way, assume a little responsibility. If you hadn't ordered next day, they likely would have been able to respond in time.

You might try contacting the shipper, often they can change the destination...but it will likely delay the delivery.



Obviously some of the responsibility lies with me, but it is absurd that a company that deals in online orders doesnt have a simple way to fix problems like this. Also, there is no way for me to contact anyone except for woot support, because they provide NO INFORMATION. Literally the only way to get in touch with Woot is through that one e-mail, and if you respond to their support e-mail all you get is another automated response with a new case #. And where do I find this shipper information? If it is on this website somewhere, it is very very well hidden.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
shapeton88 wrote:Obviously some of the responsibility lies with me, but it is absurd that a company that deals in online orders doesnt have a simple way to fix problems like this. Also, there is no way for me to contact anyone except for woot support, because they provide NO INFORMATION. Literally the only way to get in touch with Woot is through that one e-mail, and if you respond to their support e-mail all you get is another automated response with a new case #. And where do I find this shipper information? If it is on this website somewhere, it is very very well hidden.




Go to Stuff You Bought in the upper right corner, it will have the order and a tracking number.

If you read the Terms and Conditions, your complaint is addressed. By doing business with WOOT, you agree to their business model...which means the support options are limited.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
Mavyn wrote:Go to Stuff You Bought in the upper right corner, it will have the order and a tracking number.

If you read the Terms and Conditions, your complaint is addressed. By doing business with WOOT, you agree to their business model...which means the support options are limited.



This isn't so much "limited" as non-existent. THE PACKAGE HASN'T EVEN BEEN SENT YET. And they are telling me they can't do anything. There is no tracking number, nothing has happened yet, they are just unwilling to do anything at all.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
shapeton88 wrote:This isn't so much "limited" as non-existent. THE PACKAGE HASN'T EVEN BEEN SENT YET. And they are telling me they can't do anything. There is no tracking number, nothing has happened yet, they are just unwilling to do anything at all.



Did you read the T&C?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
Mavyn wrote:Did you read the T&C?



Stop being a Woot fanboy and read what I am writing. Outside of cable companies, who does this kind of stuff? Not to mention their "1 day shipping" that is expected to arrive 3 days after the order. EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shapeton88 wrote:This isn't so much "limited" as non-existent. THE PACKAGE HASN'T EVEN BEEN SENT YET. And they are telling me they can't do anything. There is no tracking number, nothing has happened yet, they are just unwilling to do anything at all.



Sorry for the frustration. In an effort to get items delivered faster, we release orders to processing every couple hours. Once it's released, it's in a stack with thousands of other orders. (We often ship from FBA - Fulfillment by Amazon.) It's impossible to pull the order back once it's released.

We are aware of this frustration and it's in the loop to make some improvements in this process.



To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the frustration. In an effort to get items delivered faster, we release orders to processing every couple hours. Once it's released, it's in a stack with thousands of other orders. (We often ship from FBA - Fulfillment by Amazon.) It's impossible to pull the order back once it's released.

We are aware of this frustration and it's in the loop to make some improvements in this process.



Well this once again DOES NOTHING TO HELP ME. Mind explaining why you advertise "1 day shipping" which actually takes 3 days? I could understand if my item had already shipped out, but the fact is that it hasn't.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
shapeton88 wrote:Stop being a Woot fanboy and read what I am writing. Outside of cable companies, who does this kind of stuff? Not to mention their "1 day shipping" that is expected to arrive 3 days after the order. EXTREMELY MISLEADING.



A) I'm not a boy.

B) You caused your problem. Now you are upset that others can't fix it.

C) I've never had something take more than the one day from the time it shipped. Some items can't be shipped the same day. Fine print usually identifies that...but you don't seem like the type to read the fine print.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shapeton88 wrote:Well this once again DOES NOTHING TO HELP ME. Mind explaining why you advertise "1 day shipping" which actually takes 3 days? I could understand if my item had already shipped out, but the fact is that it hasn't.



You can ask customer support this question. I am but a lowly moderator and don't have access to the info to answer your question.


Also, please feel free to continue the discussion in a civil manner without name calling. Thanks!



To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
Mavyn wrote:A) I'm not a boy.

B) You caused your problem. Now you are upset that others can't fix it.

C) I've never had something take more than the one day from the time it shipped. Some items can't be shipped the same day. Fine print usually identifies that...but you don't seem like the type to read the fine print.



Fangirl, whatever.
If you claim to read the entire terms and conditions of everything you agree to, then you are simply a liar.
Finally, people make mistakes, and as a customer, I expect that they can be fixed if they are identified in a timely manner (like immediately after they are made).

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I actually read things to understand what I'm agreeing to. And if I don't agree, I don't buy.

No lie. Not sure why you think that entering into a contract should be done so casually.

ETA: Woot checked, they couldn't fix your problem. That happens. Being the customer doesn't mean you are right.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
Mavyn wrote:I actually read things to understand what I'm agreeing to. And if I don't agree, I don't buy.

No lie. Not sure why you think that entering into a contract should be done so casually.



A very holier than thou argument you present, but do you use Itunes? or Amazon? or any airline? because you definitely haven't read their terms and conditions.

shapeton88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapeton88
shapeton88 wrote:A very holier than thou argument you present, but do you use Itunes? or Amazon? or any airline? because you definitely haven't read their terms and conditions.



EDIT: in America the customer is always right, as the saying goes. And though I made a mistake, it is absurd that this company has no online method to fix anything. It is also absurd that I can't speak to someone directly and that I have to get an automated response and hope that someone, someday actually reads what I wrote.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I do and I have. Really. I make certain to re-read them before filing a complaint, as well.

And you should check out NotAlwaysRight.com. Sometimes sayings are wrong.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

shapeton88 wrote:EDIT: in America the customer is always right, as the saying goes. And though I made a mistake, it is absurd that this company has no online method to fix anything. It is also absurd that I can't speak to someone directly and that I have to get an automated response and hope that someone, someday actually reads what I wrote.



you are a customer. and right or not, customers are important to us.

i'm sorry we don't have the ability to instantly address your concern, but our team at Support@Woot.com will do whatever it can to find a resolution.

please have a little patience, and they'll dedicate to you the same level of attention they give every other customer who emails in.

sorry for the hassle.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

edlada


quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada
shapeton88 wrote:EDIT: in America the customer is always right, as the saying goes. And though I made a mistake, it is absurd that this company has no online method to fix anything. It is also absurd that I can't speak to someone directly and that I have to get an automated response and hope that someone, someday actually reads what I wrote.




In the days of old the customer was always right. In today's bottom line driven, profit above all retail model this is no longer the case. The consumers have brought this on themselves, demanding products at the lowest possible cost. There is no such thing as a free lunch and customer service costs money. You bought something from woot!, so I am pretty sure the price was a consideration. If you want good customer service don't expect it from a company that is famous for selling crap at low prices. Go to a brick and mortar, family owned business and you might get lucky and receive that excellent customer service you are looking for along with a higher price. Look at the airlines. If you want good food, lots of space and a flexible ticket, you are welcome to fly first or business class. If you want a low priced ticket, queue up with the unwashed masses and get treated like a sheep. You get what you pay for.

You made a mistake, live with the consequences and if it really bothers you that much, look somewhere else besides woot!.

My dogs like me, that is important.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Edit to add: Pember is absolutely right, and woot has always done their best by me. Sometimes what I want isn't an option...but that's not their fault. They have always been responsive, and fixed any mistake THEY made. Fixing a mistake I made is not something I expect from Woot.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.