WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Special Ink Special

You love special effects in your summer blockbusters. Now you can wear them on your shirts! Until we can figure out how to put CGI on a shirt, these glow-in-the-dark and metallic inks remain at the cutting edge of apparel light & magic.

bluejester

quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester

Not to be rude, but why is X-ray Fiesta for sale? I was jazzed about all the glow-in-the-dark goodness, but then I saw that.

Were there not problems with that "design."

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Do I get a freebie for suggesting the winning side sale? ;-)

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5329173&pageindex=1&replycount=4

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

This makes me so happy! I've been waiting for console general to go back on sale for ages now. Woot! you need to advertise this more, I almost didn't notice it!

cambaync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cambaync

Finally! Pterodactyl With A Machine Gun. No background check required to buy one of these!

aequitas28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aequitas28

Awesome. I'm totally gettin the "See No Evil" Shirt for Coachella and the "Squeeze" for EDC

Katznhund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katznhund

I know woot's done lots of special ink designs but I've never gotten around the getting any. How does the ink hold up? Specifically the metallic ink, I'm eyeballing the seahorse shirt. I'm a throw everything in the washer then dryer on normal kind of person, will that kill the shiny bits?

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh

none of the shirts I like with specialty inks are in this special. Very sad.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Wish I could get A Lot Of This Going Around to wear next Monday (before they ship) as I am having knee surgery that day and would love to wear this one to my procedure

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

X-ray Fiesta was pulled due to it being a traced image as I recall, I'm surprised to see it here. Maybe woot bought the rights to the image? Or maybe they just don't care, hehe

Also, that Ramyb robot shirt is one of the lamest robots ever, soooooooooo many way better options there for that spot Woot. I am dissapoint.

See No Evil would be fabulous at a Tool concert, and Sea Chariot is just awesome all around.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

bluetuba wrote:X-ray Fiesta was pulled due to it being a traced image as I recall, I'm surprised to see it here. Maybe woot bought the rights to the image? Or maybe they just don't care, hehe

I'm looking into this one guys. I wasn't familiar with that shirt being a problem shirt.

imsaborda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imsaborda
tgentry wrote:I'm looking into this one guys. I wasn't familiar with that shirt being a problem shirt.

There was some talk about the image being traced. Also, people were upset that the candies were printed and only visible regularly rather than being glow in the dark.

EDIT: Link to thread

Coveted black-box Wooter.

heyerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heyerin

So is the piñata shirt actually sold out now, or did it get pulled again? I was super excited about the chance to finally get that one, but, no. And I don't even care if it was traced: it's cute and I want it!

tgentry

Staff

heyerin wrote:So is the piñata shirt actually sold out now, or did it get pulled again? I was super excited about the chance to finally get that one, but, no. And I don't even care if it was traced: it's cute and I want it!

From what I can tell it wasn't pulled the first time around, but we're making the call to remove it from this sale. Anyone that purchased so far will get a refund.

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil

Was so excited when I got the email about the special ink sale.... But where is the glow-in-the-dark bunny?? Sadface.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Yeah, reading the thread again (yay memories) I guess it didn't get pulled, and in fact sold out. I guess I just remembered the drama and not the specifics.

Snapster at the time seemed to be OK with it though..

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3172895&pageindex=5&replycount=220#post3175458]

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

86reddawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 86reddawg

Any chance I could convince woot to turn Squeeze into a hoody? It would make bonfires much more awesome!

imsaborda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imsaborda
tgentry wrote:From what I can tell it wasn't pulled the first time around, but we're making the call to remove it from this sale. Anyone that purchased so far will get a refund.

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the shirt, I was only interested in buying X-Ray Fiesta. But at this point I understand that due to set up costs or other hubbub, I am at odds with the likelihood of a limited print for the select few who had purchased the shirt up to this point.

However, as many have pointed out, there are numerous good GITD and metallic prints that were not included in this event. Is there any possibility that a proposal for adding another shirt to the event in place of X-Ray Fiesta could be successful?

Coveted black-box Wooter.

bluejester

quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester

This was what had immediately come to my mind actually:

ramyb wrote:Not to make this into another broccoli issue, but:

The outline matches up perfectly (except for the tail), even down to the placement of the fringes that come off :/

The worst thing about it is that there's even a bump on the back of the leg, where the designer misinterpreted the original (which was supposed to be the tail I assume?) but just traced it as it was anyway

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
bluejester wrote:This was what had immediately come to my mind actually: ...

When Ramy calls a design out for copying, you know it's serious.

Syndil wrote:Was so excited when I got the email about the special ink sale.... But where is the glow-in-the-dark bunny?? Sadface.

Run Away! Run Away! was featured in the Top Twenty side sale not too long ago.

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil

Wow I just realized that I own two of these shirts from Random shirt sales. Sea Chariot and See No Evil. Had no idea they were special. :P

I already have Run Away! Run Away! (bought during its regular debut) but would like another... Missed the the Top 20 side sale, apparently.

tgentry

Staff

imsaborda wrote:
However, as many have pointed out, there are numerous good GITD and metallic prints that were not included in this event. Is there any possibility that a proposal for adding another shirt to the event in place of X-Ray Fiesta could be successful?

We'll definitely be doing more specialty ink sales in the future, so we'll likely get around to the ones we haven't hit yet. Due to limitations on our end we won't be able to add anymore designs to this sale, unfortunately.

minifig81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages minifig81

Console General and Golden Ratio just became mine. I'm tapped out for tshirt purchasing until Friday.

Kind of glad they reprinted those, I'd wanted them for a while.

yuyeric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuyeric

hello, i cant buy the tshirts! is it only me? im using my amazon account and tried with 3 different credit cards and 2 different accounts with no success. are you having the same issue?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
yuyeric wrote:hello, i cant buy the tshirts! is it only me? im using my amazon account and tried with 3 different credit cards and 2 different accounts with no success. are you having the same issue?

If you were trying to buy the piñata shirt, it has been taken down.

that was fun while it lasted!

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420

Aww man, I'm really disappointed that X-Ray Fiesta was pulled. My original X-Ray Fiesta has become my go-to birthday party shirt and I was looking forward to ordering a backup/replacement for when mine falls apart.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Katznhund wrote:I know woot's done lots of special ink designs but I've never gotten around the getting any. How does the ink hold up? Specifically the metallic ink, I'm eyeballing the seahorse shirt. I'm a throw everything in the washer then dryer on normal kind of person, will that kill the shiny bits?

While I don't have Sea Chariot (which will probably change here, shortly...). I have two other metallic gold shirts. They have held up just fine after many washes.

It's worth mentioning my wife does preservation rituals (turn shirts inside out and wash on cold). That said, I wear Joe Carr's other metallic gold creation, Khione, with great frequency and gusto, so it has been washing machined many a time.

On a related note, thanks to the woot powers that be for including Flight of the Golden Fish in this here side sale :P

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
tgentry wrote:We'll definitely be doing more specialty ink sales in the future, so we'll likely get around to the ones we haven't hit yet. Due to limitations on our end we won't be able to add anymore designs to this sale, unfortunately.

Does this mean The Dark Knight will come out of retirement? Say it's so! Please!

tchemgrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tchemgrrl
Katznhund wrote: How does the ink hold up?

I got the seahorse shirt as a random, and it's grown on me a lot to the point where it's now in regular day rotation (usually randoms end up as pj's here). The detail on it is lovely.

The metallic ink isn't ~*~*sparkly*~*~ to begin with, but it seems to have maintained its shimmer for the past year or so.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
lnjelinek wrote:Does this mean The Dark Knight will come out of retirement? Say it's so! Please!

Speculative, but that design was removed due to trademark issues; it's not coming back.

yuyeric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yuyeric
bpr2 wrote:If you were trying to buy the piñata shirt, it has been taken down.

no, its another one.. i think its not meant to be... ill buy another day

cotterpinx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cotterpinx

I love Pterodactyl w/Machine Gun and so does my kid, but I *really* wish there could be a version like "Pterodactyl w/ [something that isn't a weapon]" so she could actually wear it to school and stuff. It would be an awesome shirt regardless of the constellation name there. Oh well.

greeneyedbaby190

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedbaby190

Khione missing from this one just breaks my heart. But knowing that we MAY have a chance at it in the futre is super. Got it in a girls size the first time around to test sizes and still have not got into it....*sigh* stupid girl sizes.

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx
alexmg2420 wrote:Aww man, I'm really disappointed that X-Ray Fiesta was pulled. My original X-Ray Fiesta has become my go-to birthday party shirt and I was looking forward to ordering a backup/replacement for when mine falls apart.

Second that plus the added bonus of it being on the Anvil's which fit me better.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak
86reddawg wrote:Any chance I could convince woot to turn Squeeze into a hoody? It would make bonfires much more awesome!

THEYVE DONE IT!! Sadly I missed that sale and would love to see Squeeze brought back as a hoodie again.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Great print. Gorgeous, colors are right, placement is good. Whew--after the last few purchases, I was losing faith!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

linkmeblink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkmeblink

I'm bummed I missed this sale. I didn't know A Lot of Things Going Around would become available again. Any way we can be on a mailing list for when these shirts become available?