jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Not really.

Started out with 15 people coming. Then granddaughter #1 and fiancé are sick. Then granddaughter #2 broke up with her boyfriend yesterday, so he's not coming. Then grandson #1 was working, so he didn't come. Had plenty of food for 11 people.

Glad dinner turned out good.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:Latest in the water saga. Last time it flooded the upper spillway culvert broke and was replaced and repaired - until today!

Definitely exciting times at our house!

Yeah, I'd say so. Aren't you afraid to go to bed? What's the white stuff?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I'd say so. Aren't you afraid to go to bed? What's the white stuff?

May as well get some sleep, nothing I can do. The road dept knows about the problem.

For some reason the water from the pond foams when it gets stirred up. It almost looks like icebergs to me so I am happy its just foam.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:May as well get some sleep, nothing I can do. The road dept knows about the problem.

For some reason the water from the pond foams when it gets stirred up. It almost looks like icebergs to me so I am happy its just foam.

Stay dry.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

I don't know why some women would rather die than have their breasts removed.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Raining wrote:I don't know why some women would rather die than have their breasts removed.

They can be reconstructed with your own body fat.
Expensive, but better than dying is that is your fear.
A sister in law did it when she had breast cancer. Had they both done. She was young and had 3 kids....and lots of money.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I'd say so. Aren't you afraid to go to bed?

Not really because I know the house, Dad and I are all in God's hands. Even when I don't understand I know He is in control and I can trust Him.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:May as well get some sleep, nothing I can do. The road dept knows about the problem.

I wouldn't be as concerned about the road as I would ending up swimming with the gators and moccasins.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Foam is protein that binds together and gets filled with air from the agitation. Same thing happens at the beach--saltwater is better at it, but any water with dissolved proteins will do it under agitation.

First day at my new job. Woo!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jawsuser

Mavyn wrote:Foam is protein that binds together and gets filled with air from the agitation. Same thing happens at the beach--saltwater is better at it, but any water with dissolved proteins will do it under agitation.

First day at my new job. Woo!

Thanks for the explanation. I have always wondered.

Congratulations on the new job! Yeah!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Have a tolerable Monday.

Jaw, hope you're dry this a.m.
Mavyn, congrats.

Dog sitting went fine after the first hour. Entered the house to two barfs, one poop, and 3 nervous dogs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Have a tolerable Monday.

Jaw, hope you're dry this a.m.
Mavyn, congrats.

Dog sitting went fine after the first hour. Entered the house to two barfs, one poop, and 3 nervous dogs.

You must be a scary lady!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You must be a scary lady!

Or psycho dogs. They're lucky I couldn't find a pair of scissors when the one kept scratching the rubber band out that was holding her ponytail on top of her head. I had to put it back up or risk her walking into furniture or the pool.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Or psycho dogs. They're lucky I couldn't find a pair of scissors when the one kept scratching the rubber band out that was holding her ponytail on top of her head. I had to put it back up or risk her walking into furniture or the pool.

Maybe she didn't like the look.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Maybe she didn't like the look.

I apologized the entire time I was putting the pony tail back in. I felt sorry for her.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I apologized the entire time I was putting the pony tail back in. I felt sorry for her.

Poor pup.

At least you didn't give them a bath. The ultimate disgrace for a dog.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Hi everybody. It hasn't rained for 24 hours. So far. Really hot and really humid, though. Husband finally decreed the grass was dry enough to mow, if he can get the mower through it. Has one of those nifty cooling blue towels around his neck.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hi everybody. It hasn't rained for 24 hours. So far. Really hot and really humid, though. Husband finally decreed the grass was dry enough to mow, if he can get the mower through it. Has one of those nifty cooling blue towels around his neck.

Lawn service mows wet grass. Not sure if they go out in the rain.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
dontwantaname wrote:Lawn service mows wet grass. Not sure if they go out in the rain.

They probably have their own pockets on their mind though... Not the quality of your lawn.

pooflady

dougall wrote:They probably have their own pockets on their mind though... Not the quality of your lawn.

Exactly.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:They probably have their own pockets on their mind though... Not the quality of your lawn.

When we lived in Seattle, if you didn't mow when your grass was wet, you rarely mowed your lawn. It's not fun but it can be done.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

He got half the lawn mowed. I'm glad he quit halfway through, it's really hot and humid and he's not a spring chicken anymore.

pooflady

Yoo-hoo. Hope Jaws isn't swimming.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He got half the lawn mowed. I'm glad he quit halfway through, it's really hot and humid and he's not a spring chicken anymore.

Actually did most of Rusty's night walk. The humidity was down. There was lighting and thunder in the distance, so we went home.

The sky in the other direction was fine.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

Congrats Mavyn !

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

Thanks. Survived the first day in one piece. Second day might be rougher simply because we got in late last night, but since so far it's mostly poking through files and learning systems, I will muddle through.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Thanks. Survived the first day in one piece. Second day might be rougher simply because we got in late last night, but since so far it's mostly poking through files and learning systems, I will muddle through.

Have fun at your new job!

or

Like your new job!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Thanks. Survived the first day in one piece. Second day might be rougher simply because we got in late last night, but since so far it's mostly poking through files and learning systems, I will muddle through.

Good luck!

Mavyn

Liking it is more important than having fun. And so far, I do. Nice people. Haven't seen anything to trip warning radar, and everyone seems laid back and happy to be here. So either they're spiking the koolaid, or it's a good place.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

peekaboo all.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:peekaboo all.

Hello.

pooflady

This is just ugly. 89, feels like 97, dew point 73.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:This is just ugly. 89, feels like 97, dew point 73.

We've had record highs, went and visited the parents just after they broke their 80 something year record highs by logging in over 110.

Still looking for work, didn't get the librarian job. Signed up to volunteer there anyway, I need to get out and do something worthwhile.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:We've had record highs, went and visited the parents just after they broke their 80 something year record highs by logging in over 110.

Still looking for work, didn't get the librarian job. Signed up to volunteer there anyway, I need to get out and do something worthwhile.

Sorry about the job, but you're right to get out and do something. Not only does it make you feel better, but it could lead to something you get paid for.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Sorry about the job, but you're right to get out and do something. Not only does it make you feel better, but it could lead to something you get paid for.

True, I've done that before.

dougall

ThunderThighs wrote:When we lived in Seattle, if you didn't mow when your grass was wet, you rarely mowed your lawn. It's not fun but it can be done.

I just mowed in a torrential downpour.

please pity me. I was supposed to be grilling beef.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:I just mowed in a torrential downpour.

Pour thing, you.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

dougall wrote:I just mowed in a torrential downpour.

Okay. We can have a pity party. (Which would be better if we had some beef.)

dougall

ThunderThighs wrote:Pour thing, you.

it stopped so I am giving it a try.

feel free to come on over and join us for dinner.