dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:Okay. We can have a pity party. (Which would be better if we had some beef.)



you can come too.


and beer would make it a better party too.!

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

poop.. the rain returned.

oh well. time for plan b.


beef will be another day.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

beef trumped rain.

it was delicious.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dougall wrote:you can come too.


and beer would make it a better party too.!



That is what I was thinking.

Beer before beef for a party.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
dontwantaname wrote:That is what I was thinking.

Beer before beef for a party.



you are coming too then?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dougall wrote:you are coming too then?



I don't leave the comfort zone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
dontwantaname wrote:I don't leave the comfort zone.



let the record state that you were invited.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

You could even bring Rusty.


Maybe he'd scare off evil white cat.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:You could even bring Rusty.


Maybe he'd scare off evil white cat.



Offer her cookies.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Just an insomniac checking in. We are high and dry. The upper spillway washed away the culverts after they were sticking out at about a 45 degree angle. So our road is closed from the north indefinitely, which sucks as we won't get mail until the road is fixed. So will need to get a ride into town at least once a week to get mail.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:Offer her cookies.



Cookies are pretty much a given. He does all the fancy cooking...I just make cookies.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:Cookies are pretty much a given. He does all the fancy cooking...I just make cookies.



I promise, she's more than capable cooking too.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dougall wrote:I promise, she's more than capable cooking too.



Just a guess are you and Mayvn married?

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Maven glad you are surviving your new job. Jaws, sorry about the road but glad you are high and dry in your house.

We are finally back at the beach. Did our jog/walk for a mile. It is amazing how quickly you get out of shape. We will go a little farther tomorrow. We did two days of 3.6 miles 2 weeks ago.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jawsuser wrote:Just a guess are you and Mayvn married?



You're not the first to think that,

but no, we just live (and woot) together.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dougall wrote:
but no, we just live (and woot) together.



I thought there was a bit more to it than 'just'... :p

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:You could even bring Rusty.


Maybe he'd scare off evil white cat.



He does love to scare off cats.

He hasn't figured out that cats will scratch his eyes out!

He lives with one, and spent a few afternoons in another house with a cat.
He thinks feral cats are the same as house cats.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:I thought there was a bit more to it than 'just'... :p



Well, at least until you get married.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is our 36 anniversary today.

Hubby is getting kicked out of work by his boss at 1.

So... we are going to ihop for lunch.

See what happens when you get married.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
Mavyn wrote:I thought there was a bit more to it than 'just'... :p



I didn't want to pigeonhole what we have.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:It is our 36 anniversary today.

Hubby is getting kicked out of work by his boss at 1.

So... we are going to ihop for lunch.

See what happens when you get married.



Getting kicked out of work at 1 would be ok.

And happy anniversary.

dougall wrote:I didn't want to pigeonhole what we have.



Sure...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:It is our 36 anniversary today.



congrats! only 64 more to 100.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

If marriage leads to IHOP, I'm not sure I want to change anything we have, fried chicken and the occasional burger is fine with me.

But congrats D'name, Happy Anniversary.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote:congrats! only 64 more to 100.



Whoa...no1 from nowhere!

IHOP might be optional.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thunder

Stupid weather.

It might pour for 10 minutes and then nothing.

Rain clouds to the west. That is the direction the wind is coming.

Yep, in the time it took me to write this, it started to rain.

Oh well. Give it 15 minutes and it will be gone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dougall wrote:If marriage leads to IHOP, I'm not sure I want to change anything we have, fried chicken and the occasional burger is fine with me.

But congrats D'name, Happy Anniversary.



IHOP = incessant harping or prodding.

until death or divorce.

but happy anny, dname!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Happy Anniversary. What a celebration - IHOP. If yours is anything like the one near hear, you might celebrate your next anniversary before you leave. Slowest service ever.

Casino this morning. I won $60. Husband didn't. Well, I won more than that, but that's what I came home with.

Temperature's 90, feels like 102, dew point's 76.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Really nasty storm out there now. Hope husband's golf league got off the course before it hit.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rain came and went.

I Hop and back

Went to the dog washing store and washed Rusty.

Trimmed some of his hair, but he thinks all grooming is a game and won't stay still.

Hubby was sent home, so now he is working in the kitchen.

Gee, he shut the door to the living room.
Why?
Noise from the tv.

He is the one saying we should have an open floor plan.

I find them way to noisy.

Especially since when the kids were home, they did their homework on the dining room table.

I also found that with just the hard wood floors, the sound in the house was loud!

I like carpet. We don't wear shoes in the house.

We will open the wall between the kitchen and dining room, if we do any major renovations again. Not remove it, but open it up a little.

It is hotter now that it rained.
BOOOOO!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:
Temperature's 90, feels like 102, dew point's 76.



Temp 102 feels like hades.
Congrats on 36 years D'name

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Rain came and went.

I Hop and back

Went to the dog washing store and washed Rusty.

Trimmed some of his hair, but he thinks all grooming is a game and won't stay still.

Hubby was sent home, so now he is working in the kitchen.

Gee, he shut the door to the living room.
Why?
Noise from the tv.

He is the one saying we should have an open floor plan.

I find them way to noisy.

Especially since when the kids were home, they did their homework on the dining room table.

I also found that with just the hard wood floors, the sound in the house was loud!

I like carpet. We don't wear shoes in the house.

We will open the wall between the kitchen and dining room, if we do any major renovations again. Not remove it, but open it up a little.

It is hotter now that it rained.
BOOOOO!



Happy Anniversary Dname!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Temp 102 feels like hades.
Congrats on 36 years D'name



You win.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:You win.



If this is winning I'd rather come in 2nd

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:Happy Anniversary Dname!



Good to have you back KtC

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:If this is winning I'd rather come in 2nd



The next four days are supposed to be beyootiful. Low 80s, low humidity. Can only hope. I'd love to have the windows open at night.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The next four days are supposed to be beyootiful. Low 80s, low humidity. Can only hope. I'd love to have the windows open at night.



Open window? What is that?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Open window? What is that?



Yeah, can't wait.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, can't wait.



We'll get a day, and then we'll have to put the heat on.

What happened to spring???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:We'll get a day, and then we'll have to put the heat on.

What happened to spring???



I thought we had a great spring. Up until just recently the weather was pretty cool. Lots and lots of rain. Isn't that spring?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I thought we had a great spring. Up until just recently the weather was pretty cool. Lots and lots of rain. Isn't that spring?



I guess so.

We never had the perfect days. Just rain.
The plants liked it.
But now the grass is brown. Not sure how, it must have poured 1/2 an inch in no time today. Then heat.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.