BlackDragon0480

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackDragon0480

The site is gone.

BSquared6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BSquared6

i just noticed this too. anyone know what happened?

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Noooooo! I was planning on selling some of my shirts to help for my summer vacation this year.

What happened?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:Noooooo! I was planning on selling some of my shirts to help for my summer vacation this year.

What happened?

Ran its course, I guess. Was that BleuChez's site?

From the site:

In other, non-related-but-related news, Tilteed finally closed doors back in October of '12.

move along

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:Ran its course, I guess. Was that BleuChez's site?

From the site:

In other, non-related-but-related news, Tilteed finally closed doors back in October of '12.

That's a shame about tilteed. I wondered why I never heard anything back from them.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I'm so sad that TeeTrade's been shut down, but I understand. It was one of the last vestiges of Ye Golden Age of Shirt.Woot, and I will miss it very much. I got a hell of a lot of use out of that site. I am so grateful to bluchez for having made the site and maintained it for so long. Even if it was just running itself in an out-of-the-way corner of his servers, it was an investment of resources and effort that went way above and beyond and really illustrated the passion, loyalty, and enthusiasm that early shirt.woot engendered. Bluchez, you're a sharp, snarky, cool dude and I'm grateful for your teetrade.org while it was around. Thank you for doing everything that you did, for as long as you did! Your work made shirt.woot a better place. You, man, are MAGIC...

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

I know ShirtWhat.com wasn't being updated anymore but it was still useful as a reference to older stuff. That has also been killed. Thank you Bluchez for your hard work in making Woot a cool place to be for a while.

j5

thatrobert wrote:I know ShirtWhat.com wasn't being updated anymore but it was still useful as a reference to older stuff. That has also been killed. Thank you Bluchez for your hard work in making Woot a cool place to be for a while.

^This

move along

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Oh no, shirtwhat too? I guess there's always the wayback machine.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
thatrobert wrote:I know ShirtWhat.com wasn't being updated anymore but it was still useful as a reference to older stuff. That has also been killed. Thank you Bluchez for your hard work in making Woot a cool place to be for a while.

oh man that sucks. thanks a ton for all the efforts Bluchez--it was a fantastic site

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. The host that I have the sites on did some server upgrades that outright broke both of them. It would take a decent amount of effort to get them back up and running, and I just don't have the time anymore (and very little motivation to do it, tbh). I didn't go in and delete the back end databases or anything, but there is just no time to fix or rebuild the sites themselves right now.

Sorry the sites had to die, but I hope that they were useful to everyone while they lived. The sites were created for you guys, after all, I never made money on them and rarely even went to them after I made them.

I hope someone (cough WOOT cough) can take this as an initiative to actually implement some of the features that are missing on their site, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I don't see enough passion in the community anymore to expect anyone else to recreate them, but I would love to be wrong in this case.

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Another round of applause to BluChez for all your hard work and countless hours that went into them. And indeed, I would like to be proven wrong re: the community aspect too, but I just don't see it happening ...

j5

Community is just a show on NBC.

move along

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

PARTY ON BLUCHEZ!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Oh no!!! It was a great site and I have been a very devoted teetrade user. I was about to buy a couple more randoms but I'm rethinking now. Trading just doesn't seem to happen efficiently on the board here and I have a TON to get rid of already. :/ Anyone have any experience/advice for trying to get things up on ebay?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

I just saw this and felt a little pang of sadness. I never used teetrade but I used the heck out of shirtwhat, man I was proud of myself when I got my user name in the biggest font! I've told you this before bluchez but you rock and if you ever get motivated or nostalgic enough to do it again we'll be there (I'd love to take up the mantle but I have little to no database and programming experience and am just now getting back into web design after an extended break) Thanks again!!

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

I actually am a programmer and I wouldn't mind taking on the task of fixing these sites (I found them incredibly helpful and useful!), but I wouldn't want to start from scratch! I saw the database errors that came up, and they look fixable, it would just take some time to do.

I think the sites were awesome and thank you for putting the time in to create and maintain them, Bluchez!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
arryielle wrote:I actually am a programmer and I wouldn't mind taking on the task of fixing these sites (I found them incredibly helpful and useful!), but I wouldn't want to start from scratch! I saw the database errors that came up, and they look fixable, it would just take some time to do.

I think the sites were awesome and thank you for putting the time in to create and maintain them, Bluchez!

I bet a lot of people would be willing to make donations for the site's upkeep. I had only just started using it and hadn't made any trades yet, but I would donate!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
tsukitensh wrote:I bet a lot of people would be willing to make donations for the site's upkeep. I had only just started using it and hadn't made any trades yet, but I would donate!

That would really help out! If I can find enough people to donate around $5K a month, I would be able to fit it in my schedule. (In other less sarcastic words, it's not about the money to me, it's about the time that doesn't exist because of family and work. If someone discovers a way to donate time, let me know ASAP).

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Nothing follows.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme
bluchez wrote:I don't see enough passion in the community anymore to expect anyone else to recreate them, but I would love to be wrong in this case

I'm on it!

j5

lichme wrote:I'm on it!

You are quite passionate and dedicated.
That or extremely bored.

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:You are quite passionate and dedicated.
That or extremely bored.

I'll take either one.

Nothing follows.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

I like to echo all the nice things said about BluChez and the teetrade & shirtwhat sites, but I'll simply type thanks.

I can still access stuff on the teetrade site (except "new shirts"). I just scroll down past all the jibber.
edit 4-1-13: no more, totally RIP

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Just chiming in with another round of thanks for bluchez's gift to our community. I had a number of highly successful transactions via TeeTrade and will definitely miss it (I'm still lamenting the loss of shirtwhat...)

I totally understand why you shut down both sites and simply want to share my appreciation that they were around for as long as they were. Thanks!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
spilzer wrote:Just chiming in with another round of thanks for bluchez's gift to our community. I had a number of highly successful transactions via TeeTrade and will definitely miss it (I'm still lamenting the loss of shirtwhat...)

I totally understand why you shut down both sites and simply want to share my appreciation that they were around for as long as they were. Thanks!

Same here. Huge, blue, cheesy thanks, Bluechez, for being so awesome.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

i went to teetrade today only to find the bad news.

thank you very much, bluchez!

bluchez wrote:I hope that they were useful to everyone while they lived

your sites sure were! thanks again!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Another added thanks for all your work on the sites Bluechez! Shirt.what was a spectacular tool - I took pride in my longest derby streak there, found the statistics quite interesting and used it often to find designs quickly and even refer to my own designs. I even linked to it from my site as it was more up to date on an archive of designs (even after it stopped updating!). Was a great resource.

Teetrade too, I traded many a shirt there.
Lots and lots of thanks for all your work!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Late to the party, but definitely wanted to say thank you to bluchez for all your hard work. I loved shirtwhat when I was an avid wooter. Sad to see it go, but I fully understand. Thanks again.

katskan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katskan

How sad! I can still remember clicking in random places and seeing unicorns pop up all over my computer screen... Thanks so much BluChez!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
arryielle wrote:I actually am a programmer and I wouldn't mind taking on the task of fixing these sites (I found them incredibly helpful and useful!), but I wouldn't want to start from scratch! I saw the database errors that came up, and they look fixable, it would just take some time to do.

Bluechez, doesn't this qualify as a "donation of time"?

^_^

celticdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticdragon

http://www.wootstalker.com/teetrade.php