WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Round these parts, springtime brings with it the dance of fertility and reawakening we call the Spring Derby. Just as in past years, we mark this rite of spring by asking for your seasonal designs. Baby lambs, daffodils, rain, Lysol: whatever spring means to you, put it on a shirt and perhaps the Shirt.Woot satyrs will dance around it.

No pop-culture references.

No cranberry tees.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

*crickets*

Nothing follows.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
taternuggets wrote:*crickets*

Velvet Elvis

move along

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

No pop culture? The devil, you say!

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury

> No cranberry tees.

Know what spring means to me? Fresh cranberries!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
taternuggets wrote:*crickets*

j5 wrote:Velvet Elvis

i look forward to your springtime crickets velvet elvis collab!

BaldDreds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldDreds
no1 wrote:i look forward to your springtime crickets velvet elvis collab!

Well a buddy holly and the crickets with elvis on acoustic guitar velvet work of art seems pretty fantastic.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 88 Private Messages oakenspirit
tjschaeffer wrote:No pop culture? The devil, you say!

Would alluding to a poem published in the 20's be pop culture?

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
oakenspirit wrote:Would alluding to a poem published in the 20's be pop culture?

If it isn't popular culture and it's an allusion, I think it would be fine.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

I predict A LOT of rabbits.

Both cute and man eating lol

oakenspirit

ste7enl wrote:If it isn't popular culture and it's an allusion, I think it would be fine.

That was my thought too... thanks!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Getting out my air-sick bag in anticipation of this wonderful theme. *barf*

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I haven't entered a derby in a while. I haven't actually touched woot in quite a bit. I happen to log on today and find it's a spring derby! Which is when my d'aw mouse + dandelion shirt was printed.

IT'S A SIIIIGN or maybe I just feel like stretching my not-so-creative legs.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
anemality wrote:I haven't entered a derby in a while. I haven't actually touched woot in quite a bit. I happen to log on today and find it's a spring derby! Which is when my d'aw mouse + dandelion shirt was printed.

IT'S A SIIIIGN or maybe I just feel like stretching my not-so-creative legs.

Please come back!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

hey, been waiting for spring to come in reality, so I like the theme! What came to my mind at first are streams flowing faster with the thawing of ice/snow and the return of fish swimming around (at least that are visible to us!).

If the design appeals to you - any preferences here? Thanks!

Vote!

pennyflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyflip

I'm in!

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

Despite the number of Woot shirts I own - and wear - I am considerably older than the typical Wooter, and so my feedback may lead you the wrong way. But you did ask. At first glance the top shirt looks as though it is stained so I wouldn't buy it. But I love the middle shirt. You have captured the fluidity of water as few can. Hope this is useful.

jasneko wrote:hey, been waiting for spring to come in reality, so I like the theme! What came to my mind at first are streams flowing faster with the thawing of ice/snow and the return of fish swimming around (at least that are visible to us!).

rasabi

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rasabi

Glow? No glow? 'Tis a silly shirt.

Needs some tweaks and halftones, but any thoughts welcome...

Also, Jasneko, I think I'd go with the royal blue, but the second light blue isn't bad either :P

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Nothing follows.

tomspc

rasabi wrote:Glow? No glow? 'Tis a silly shirt.

No Text

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Also, Jasneko, I think I'd go with the royal blue, but the second light blue isn't bad either :P

No glow in my opinion Great work!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
jayne5 wrote:Despite the number of Woot shirts I own - and wear - I am considerably older than the typical Wooter, and so my feedback may lead you the wrong way. But you did ask. At first glance the top shirt looks as though it is stained so I wouldn't buy it. But I love the middle shirt. You have captured the fluidity of water as few can. Hope this is useful.

Very good point about the first one looking like a stain, and I appreciate your other comments. Thanks very much!

Thankee Rasabi.

re: Bear - No glow. And t'is adorbs!!!

If anyone else has an opinion on which one, feel free to chime in, thanks!

Vote!

oakenspirit

jasneko wrote:

I'm digging the royal!

oakenspirit

taternuggets wrote:

Think I like the darker green.

oakenspirit

No glow- Something so charming about singing bears!

blk909

jasneko wrote:hey, been waiting for spring to come in reality, so I like the theme! What came to my mind at first are streams flowing faster with the thawing of ice/snow and the return of fish swimming around (at least that are visible to us!).

I love the design, but hate light blue shirts. Try silver if you want light, or the royal blue. Thanks.

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

My hubby, who wears tees almost exclusively, just walked by and said "Wow the royal blue really pops". So that's another vote for royal.

blk909 wrote:I love the design, but hate light blue shirts. Try silver if you want light, or the royal blue. Thanks.

oakenspirit

Here's what I have so far... Fox Springs...

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

I'd like to enter this derby but don't think I'll be around for the derby start scramble to upload within the first few minutes, can I send my comp and detail files to the derby email so they upload timely?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
cfdunbar wrote:I'd like to enter this derby but don't think I'll be around for the derby start scramble to upload within the first few minutes, can I send my comp and detail files to the derby email so they upload timely?

No, but don't worry about that, there are many many shirts that have won and didn't even submit on the first day, which I think includes all of my wins.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
tomspc wrote:No Text

No text is not one of the limitations this week, so text away people.

ste7enl

Just finished mine!
Title: Reawakening

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
ste7enl wrote:
Just finished mine!

Nice! I was hoping you'd come through with something like this.

ste7enl

orabbit wrote:Nice! I was hoping you'd come through with something like this.

thanks! I appreciate the support

blk909

ste7enl wrote:
Just finished mine!

Cool!

ste7enl

blk909 wrote:Cool!

glad you dig it

tomspc

tjost wrote:No text is not one of the limitations this week, so text away people.

You're right! The last Spring derby was no text, just assumed...

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
tjost wrote:No, but don't worry about that, there are many many shirts that have won and didn't even submit on the first day, which I think includes all of my wins.

Alright. I'll just try to get it uploaded as close to launch as possible. This shall be my offering:

You know, a woot derby app for android and iPhone would be pretty cool. Something that allows you to upload a design and check in on derby status, as well as purchase the shirt of the day.... just thinking outloud.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
cfdunbar wrote:Alright. I'll just try to get it uploaded as close to launch as possible. This shall be my offering:

You know, a woot derby app for android and iPhone would be pretty cool. Something that allows you to upload a design and check in on derby status, as well as purchase the shirt of the day.... just thinking outloud.

That's pretty awesome! Also, it is possible to upload files to the derby from a mobile browser (I've done so in the past). If you email yourself the files and then save them to your phone's SD card (or do a direct transfer from PC to phone), you can upload while on the go. It's a little slower than using a computer, but it does work.

I haven't tried it using the native android browser, but I know for a fact that it works using Opera Mobile browser.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

The white eyes of the bear don't work for me. They sort of 'break' the face, since bears don't have light colored eyes. Even polar bears.

taternuggets wrote:

Adore this. Grass green gets my vote.

ste7enl wrote:
Just finished mine!

Nice! Reminds me of Flora and Phonograph.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.