derekofminnesota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekofminnesota

I have a question that someone can hopefully help this new hopeful designer with. =) Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I've tried several times today to create a new thread under "Artist Resources" only to be given an error every time.

I have two quick questions:

1) Are there a specific set of colors that designers are limited to use in their designs?

2) How many colors can be used in a single design? Do black and white count as colors?

Bonus question: Is there somewhere that lists the rules to design creation. I'm having trouble finding any such thing.

Thanks!
Derek

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
derekofminnesota wrote:I have a question that someone can hopefully help this new hopeful designer with. =) Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I've tried several times today to create a new thread under "Artist Resources" only to be given an error every time.

I have two quick questions:

1) Are there a specific set of colors that designers are limited to use in their designs?

ink colours, no, but they will try to match your design to pantone colours and mix up ink accordingly. shirt colours, yes, limited to the blanks they have; see a submission form for a list of fabric colours.

derekofminnesota wrote:2) How many colors can be used in a single design? Do black and white count as colors?

generally they like to limit to six colours, altho if you submit for a daily and your design is especially lovely i suppose they could make an exception. the derby is more usually six at most. and white and black count as ink colours, unless you are clever enough to design on a black or a white shirt, in which case you can use the fabric colour as an additional "colour" in your design (by not using that colour for ink).

derekofminnesota wrote:Bonus question: Is there somewhere that lists the rules to design creation. I'm having trouble finding any such thing.

you can start with the guidelines listed in the submission forms for daily and derby designs

http://shirt.woot.com/artists
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/upload

there are more helpful hints in tgentry's signature (search for his posts) and other places. if you have a specific question just ask.

derekofminnesota wrote:Thanks!
Derek

yer welcome. keep in mind nobody i've ever tried to help has ever been printed!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Additionally, new threads in the Artists Resource forum are added by a moderator after being started elsewhere and deemed relevant.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Additionally, new threads in the Artists Resource forum are added by a moderator after being started elsewhere and deemed relevant.

asif

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Mavyn

j5 wrote:asif

It happened before.

It could happen again.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:It happened before.

It could happen again.

2 years ago.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Mavyn

j5 wrote:2 years ago.

Asteroid. 65 million years ago.

Just saying.