WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: TV throwdown: Simpsons vs. South Park
  • 48.8% - Simpsons! 483
  • 35.3% - South Park! 349
  • 16% - Well, if we're talking about early Simpsons....(take it to the comments) 158
990 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Thirdbase9


quality posts: 93 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Where's the option for neither?

I don't know.

pixidustbunnie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixidustbunnie

Although I voted for South Park, I grew up on the Simpsons in the 80's and I believe that show helped pave the way for controversial animated programming to go "mainstream".

safyrejet


quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Simpsons. All the way. I think I've only ever laughed once at anything I've seen on SP. I just avoid it as much as possible.

jtmacc99


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtmacc99

The Simpsons is probably the best piece of social satire that has ever been on TV. When the show hit its stride in seasons 3-9, it was just flat out brilliant.

Having said that, South Park has also been brilliant at times, and is absolutely worthy of the praise it gets.

dwunderlich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwunderlich

Simpsons are stupid. People that watch it are actually dumber after they have viewed. I don't know how that program is still surviving. Now....South Park on the other hand is awesome incarnate. How can you not like a show with a singing holiday poo and a pot smoking towel?

DavidDrake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake
dwunderlich wrote:Simpsons are stupid. People that watch it are actually dumber after they have viewed.



dwunderlich wrote:How can you not like a show with a singing holiday poo and a pot smoking towel?



What?

monkopotamus9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkopotamus9

They are both good satires and I like them equally. Though South Park is able to remain more current due to shorter production time. Simpsons is much more refined because of longer production time. South Park also gets much more vulgar because it's not on network TV.

deadeye37


quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Family Guy.

jcipolla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcipolla

Simpsons was great up until about 10 years ago. The episodes that are on now are just painful, and the movie was horrifically bad.

Family Guy was similar. Awesome until about two years ago.

South Park can still make me laugh. Of these three, I really think they did the best at keeping everything together and remaining funny through the years.

All that said, my vote goes to Robot Chicken.

Harui


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
Thirdbase9 wrote:Where's the option for neither?



lol, that's what I was just about to say.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

hippie1981


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981
jcipolla wrote:Simpsons was great up until about 10 years ago. The episodes that are on now are just painful, and the movie was horrifically bad.

Family Guy was similar. Awesome until about two years ago.

South Park can still make me laugh. Of these three, I really think they did the best at keeping everything together and remaining funny through the years.

All that said, my vote goes to Robot Chicken.



Exactly.

shmythe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmythe

Simpsons. South Park is good too, but I like the Simpsons a bit more.

The Simpsons may not be as good as they used to be, but they are still better then 98% of the rest of TV.