sefoust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefoust

Aw, I'm sad Helios was left out.

benjavati

quality posts: 1 Private Messages benjavati

Now the song about Interplanet Janet is going through my head....

JeffQ

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JeffQ
cesium55 wrote:Why is Venus blue?

Yeah, that confused me, too. What bothers me the most, though, is that Mars seems as big as Earth. Sure, it can't be to scale, but Mars is actually much closer in size to Mercury than Earth or Venus. Still a great shirt!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 22 Private Messages tsukitensh
benjavati wrote:Now the song about Interplanet Janet is going through my head....

:D

Fond childhood memories!

tsukitensh

wirdou wrote:
About Uranus...it's the faher of Gods, a really old man. Bowties and glasses represented old people before hipsters and Matt Smith said they were cool!!!XDXDXD just kidding, but there you have the walking stick and the grey hair and eyebrows to clear it up

Thanks for clearing that up! Ordered mine earlier today and looking forward to wearing it

ulnek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ulnek

the size of venus and mars have been switched if venus is the one with the bow on the lower left. venus is closer to earth's size but mars is nowhere near the size of earth. also, why is she blue?

also, why is uranus not depicted as a diety as well? he was the sky. even just laurel on him would have worked.

pluto could have had a pitch fork or something to signify which one it is since it was included anyway.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 18.999s
First Sucker: squirrelization
Last Wooter to Woot: karmic
Last Purchase: 3 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 40% of Shirt Woots
Top 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 737

First day sales 737
First day posts 45

tsukitensh

ulnek wrote:also, why is uranus not depicted as a diety as well? he was the sky. even just laurel on him would have worked.

That has been addressed earlier. The size and color of Venus has also been mentioned. Reading is fun

kramedizzle412

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kramedizzle412

This is great, can't wait to flaunt it in front of all my Doomsday friends. Haha

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

More specifically, Uranus was created by Gaia (Earth), so is technically her child, but he didn't have a father so not really in the traditional way. Uranus had many children with her, the most important of the lot being the original titans (including Kronos/Chronos/Saturn). He didn't want them to take over, so cast them down. Gaia got sick of it, armed the boys, and let them take out dad by murdering and castrating him. ...the hippy nature of Gaia is weird, considering all this.

I love mythology terribly, but I'm having a hard time getting over the weird old man Uranus. He'd more accurately be portrayed with some laurels or sky-type characterization...or hell, just with little Xs in his eyes, seeing as he's dead and all.

The exclusion of Pluto actually works pretty well, since Hades was secluded from the others due to the nature of his job and all. He should have some more detailing to show him as his mythological counterpart though.

Edit: Crits aside, I do think this is a wonderful design. I'm just so crazy over Greco-Roman mythology that I might dwell to much on the crits. Sorry. Great work overall!

moonbeamchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonbeamchaos

Thanks, I couldn't remember where I had seen the Family Portrait tee. I especially like the dialogue, or rather, monologue from the "photographer."