WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Nevermore's 5th Birthday

Five fun facts for this five-year favorite (launched April 5, 2008): 1. Edgar Allan Poe never designed a single t-shirt himself. 2. Ravens live up to 20 years in the wild. This shirt is still a kid, in raven terms. 3. This design has been in our top 20 for 261 weeks now (a record) and 4. has sold 54,000 shirts to date (#2 all-time). 5. If you don't own it in any form, we can't be friends.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVERMORE!

that was fun while it lasted!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Oh well in five years time I could be worn out, overdue
With holes all around, as a rag for wiping goo
I may be long and gone, stained of old ink blue
Or lost in a closet under an old shoe

And it was one one one, that I had lasted
And one one one, I kept the sell
And one one one, while others blasted
And one one one, so what the hell!

'cause time have passed and I'm still selling lots and lots
While beating other shirts, to the dismay of WootBot
Every Monday, I've managed to cross the finish line
And in the top-20, so many times after time

And it was fun fun fun, hearing all the rants
It was fun fun fun, that I'm not done
And it was fun fun fun, to hear folks recant
It was fun fun fun, oh it was fun

While these years have gone by, I'm still here to be seen
So many short lived while I'm now the old bean
Those weeks and those sales, it's all like a zoo
But I survived every time, finding buyers anew

And it'll be sell sell sell, year over every year
And sell sell sell, I'm doing fine
And it be sell sell sell, to places far and near
And sell sell sell, while Wooters whine

Maybe I'm just timeless, for the poem here at hand
It's slightly abridged, but the folks understand
The shape of a Raven, a calligram just for you
To have lasted this long, is but a dream come true

In five years time, I might not be here
In five years time, I might not be clear
In five years time, I might not sell this long
In five years time, Woot might just prove me wrong

A huge congrats, haxrox, for 5 years!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Q: How long will Nevermore be in the Reckoning?
A: Quoth the Raven, "Evermore!"

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

One Shirt to rule them all,
One Shirt to find them,
One Shirt to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the land of Wootdom where the Basket of Cairn Terrier lie...

Wait, wrong literary reference, but totally applicable.

Congrats Haxrox and Nevermore for making 5 years! =)

sinner3k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sinner3k

I knew there was a reason I felt compelled to put this shirt on tonight. Happy birthday to my favorite of many shirt.woot shirts.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I am not a fan of this shirt, but I noticed that this sale is actually lacking the long sleeved option.

I got a Long Sleeved Small of this in a Random sale. If anyone wants the long sleeved version in small, hit me up for a trade.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Eeee! Excited. I managed to bleach my way too dark asphalt shirt to an acceptable lighter grey color so I can at least see that there's something on my shirt, but I've always kinda hoped I'd be able to get a Nevermore raven who isn't stuck on an unevenly marbled grey tone t-shirt. I mean bleached marbled splochy shirts don't always look right.

And what! Poe never designed a shirt. I am so disillusioned.

valasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valasia
safyrejet wrote:I managed to bleach my way too dark asphalt shirt to an acceptable lighter grey color so I can at least see that there's something on my shirt, but I've always kinda hoped I'd be able to get a Nevermore raven who isn't stuck on an unevenly marbled grey tone t-shirt. I mean bleached marbled splochy shirts don't always look right.

I bleached mine too, but what I did was put some slightly diluted bleach in a spray bottle and then only sprayed a circular area in the front. It faded it to a grey color with purple edges. I actually like it a bit better than the regular one.

cyphermagedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyphermagedragon

Awwww man! No normal front-zip hoodie or long-sleeved t-shirt options? Very sad =( Those are the two I'd really wanna get!

silalus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silalus
cyphermagedragon wrote:Awwww man! No normal front-zip hoodie or long-sleeved t-shirt options? Very sad =( Those are the two I'd really wanna get!

Likewise here, particularly the normal front-zip hoodie.

Still, considering the LW hoodie... Loved and wore out the shirt (well, more like it weirdly just started to look like it'd been bleached after a few washings), so something more durable would be awesome.

Datsun350Z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Datsun350Z

Anyone know if the LW Zip hoodie shows the print better than the T-shirts? I love my T, but I like my Woot shirts to be admired from a slight distance, not 2' away.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Thanks, woot! Huzzah for slate!

Once upon an old computer, while I mused; a shirt.wooter
Contemplating Text as Art and laying out my evening's chore.
All that night I set to inking (as my time 'til work was shrinking)
A design that I was thinking, possibly could have allure.
"Will this get the votes," I wondered, "Votes sufficient to secure
A derby ranking above four?"

Successfully my sleep was thwarted, every stroke and line recorded
PNGs had been exported, thumbnail beckoning, "See more!"
On a whim I'd also placed, a poem on screen, by copy/paste
And after several minutes spaced and culled the words I could ignore
It couldn't hurt to upload more than one submission for a score
That was all five years before

meryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meryl
Datsun350Z wrote:Anyone know if the LW Zip hoodie shows the print better than the T-shirts? I love my T, but I like my Woot shirts to be admired from a slight distance, not 2' away.

Agreed! Can hardly see the raven on my T either. I thought about one of the others (Whaaaat? No regular zip front hoodie?), but I'm not confident the raven won't blend and disappear.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
haxrox wrote:
Once upon an old computer, while I mused; a shirt.wooter
Contemplating Text as Art and laying out my evening's chore.
All that night I set to inking (as my time 'til work was shrinking)
A design that I was thinking, possibly could have allure.
"Will this get the votes," I wondered, "Votes sufficient to secure
A derby ranking above four?"

Successfully my sleep was thwarted, every stroke and line recorded
PNGs had been exported, thumbnail beckoning, "See more!"
On a whim I'd also placed, a poem on screen, by copy/paste
And after several minutes spaced and culled the words I could ignore
It couldn't hurt to upload more than one submission for a score
That was all five years before

Be still, my [telltale] beating heart!

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler

Although I have always liked this shirt, I have strayed away from buying it because so many people complained about the text blending with the background... Yay Woot! for putting this design on a lighter gray background!

meryl

jspickler wrote:Although I have always liked this shirt, I have strayed away from buying it because so many people complained about the text blending with the background... Yay Woot! for putting this design on a lighter gray background!

The shirt in the photo may look lighter -- but it's still called "Slate." So I'm not sure they switched out the shirt color to a lighter one. Slate accurately describes the shirt I have -- in which the raven has a cloak of invisibility.

haxrox

meryl wrote:So I'm not sure they switched out the shirt color to a lighter one. Slate accurately describes the shirt I have -- in which the raven has a cloak of invisibility.

The original is on "asphalt"; "slate" is a good bit lighter. Those are the shirt brand's official names for the colors, not just subjective adjectives. It does get confusing, since different brands use different (and sometimes overlapping) names. The "asphalt" color used now is actually darker that the original "asphalt", since woot switched suppliers, so it's especially nice to see the design on slate.

meryl

haxrox wrote:The original is on "asphalt"; "slate" is a good bit lighter. Those are the shirt brand's official names for the colors, not just subjective adjectives. It does get confusing, since different brands use different (and sometimes overlapping) names. The "asphalt" color used now is actually darker that the original "asphalt", since woot switched suppliers, so it's especially nice to see the design on slate.

Thanks for confirming, haxrox!

haxrox

Narfcake wrote:Oh well in five years time I could be worn out, overdue...

A huge congrats, haxrox, for 5 years!

Thanks, Narf, and doubly so for the fantastic lyrics! I always appreciate a good parody.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

So what shirt has sold more than this one then?

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
rehta wrote:So what shirt has sold more than this one then?

The Binge.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Congratulations and happy shirt-iversary Haxrox!
I love my hoodie.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

"But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling..."

Seeing Nevermore still in the Reckoning makes my sad soul smile. Adding the slate version to my collection shall enhance that smile.

Happy 5th Birthday, Nevermore!
Congratulations and Thanks for the design, Haxrox!

07/11/14

randybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randybean

I love(d) my Nevermore shirt but it faded quickly and only after a few cold washes, it could Nevermore be recognizable as Nevermore.

aaltieri

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aaltieri

This was one of the first Woot Shirts I bought my daughter. I just had to buy her a new one last summer as she had outgrown it.

It's still one of her favorites. She gets asked about it all the time.

Great shirt. Congrats, dude!

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

Nevermore has been my Halloween shirt for a few years. Now I will have some variety.

dfunk29

quality posts: 54 Private Messages dfunk29

This was my first ever Woot purchase, I'm so excited to get it in a hoodie and in slate! Thanks for such an awesome shirt design, and thanks for the awesome variety for it's 5th birthday!

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

The slate background color is only for the t, right? Has anyone seen the goodies and totes? Does the print show up at s distance, or does the dark-on-dark make the print vanish?

Thanks

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
f00l wrote:The slate background color is only for the t, right? Has anyone seen the goodies and totes? Does the print show up at s distance, or does the dark-on-dark make the print vanish?

Thanks

I have the pullover hoodie (gray/white text on black) and it looks quite nice.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

danncer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danncer

Shirt.Woot has printed several cool designs based on Poe's "The Raven" that I'd like to own, but I don't want to buy multiple shirts. Also, as a well-endowed female, I don't like wearing designs that require someone to stare at my chest for an extended period of time in order to read all the words.

I would love for woot to offer a shirt or hoodie with a full-size version of Nevermore on the back and a small version of walmazan's The Raven on the front on the upper right or left side.

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a closet full of t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

nucleardrugs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nucleardrugs

Just received the "lightweight" zippered hoodie. Lightweight is the word. Thinner than a T shirt and transparent. $35.00? What is the return policy and how do I start it?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

nucleardrugs wrote:Just received the "lightweight" zippered hoodie. Lightweight is the word. Thinner than a T shirt and transparent. $35.00? What is the return policy and how do I start it?

I'm sorry you are not happy with your order, but shirt.woot does not have a return policy for buyer's remorse. Per the shirt.woot FAQ:

shirt.woot FAQ wrote:I don't like my shirt. Will you buy it back from me?
If your shirt is defective, or if we sent you the wrong size, or we sent you some other shirt by mistake, let us know through our Support page. If you just realized you don't look good in orange, or you decided not to check the sizing chart before you placed your order, well, our impulse is to say that you got yourself a new washrag.

Of course, you are always welcome to write in to support@woot.com with your issue. Please be aware that CS works normal business hours and thus will not respond on weekends. Good luck.

nucleardrugs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nucleardrugs

Washrag would be appropriate if the oversized zipper wouldn't scratch everything. Luckily PayPal has some great non flippant customer service staff that understands what keeping customers involves. I think my monthly purchases from Wood may even get a refund from your idea of customer service.

KittyPryde

The person who responded to you is a volunteer moderator. That means they do not work for Woot, they just advised you where to look regarding your answer. Your best bet would be to email the support address provided to you.

nucleardrugs wrote:Washrag would be appropriate if the oversized zipper wouldn't scratch everything. Luckily PayPal has some great non flippant customer service staff that understands what keeping customers involves. I think my monthly purchases from Wood may even get a refund from your idea of customer service.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

KittyPryde wrote:The person who responded to you is a volunteer moderator. That means they do not work for Woot, they just advised you where to look regarding your answer. Your best bet would be to email the support address provided to you.

Thank you! I am in no way anything approaching a woot employee. Indeed, I am but a fellow customer who got a pretty badge for... "helping" people find their way to information over the years. It enlivens the foruming, yeah? And, oh, I do so like helping! I'm just generous like that, y'know? (Woah, I just realized that I've been a Volmod for just over three years now! I remember the day I got this badge. My, how time flies! Oh, memories...)

But, really--as I initially suggested and the genteel, dashing KittyPryde reinforced, you are welcome--nay, invited! encouraged! cajoled! begged!--to contact CS at support@woot.com.

Cheers and good luck in the resolverating of you issue(s).

KittyPryde

goldenthorn wrote:Thank you! I am in no way anything approaching a woot employee. Indeed, I am but a fellow customer who got a pretty badge for... "helping" people find their way to information over the years. It enlivens the foruming, yeah? And, oh, I do so like helping! I'm just generous like that, y'know? (Woah, I just realized that I've been a Volmod for just over three years now! I remember the day I got this badge. My, how time flies! Oh, memories...)

But, really--as I initially suggested and the genteel, dashing KittyPryde reinforced, you are welcome--nay, invited! encouraged! cajoled! begged!--to contact CS at support@woot.com.

Cheers and good luck in the resolverating of you issue(s).

And here I just wanted to see if anyone had replied regarding wanting that nice, AA long sleeved black mens small version of Nevermore I have absolutely no desire in owning.

boony

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boony

My first ever Woot was this shirt.

Sentimentality was taking over until I realized I'd been doing this for five frickin' years. Then I felt kinda sick.

Either way, shirt still looks great. :D

/Zzz

wootshirts4sean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootshirts4sean

Saw the long sleeve option icon on this shirt and could not click fast enough... alas, no long sleeve available.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

wootshirts4sean wrote:Saw the long sleeve option icon on this shirt and could not click fast enough... alas, no long sleeve available.

Ohai there! You don't happen to want a men's small, do you? Cuz KittyPryde up above is trying to get rid of one:

KittyPryde wrote:And here I just wanted to see if anyone had replied regarding wanting that nice, AA long sleeved black mens small version of Nevermore I have absolutely no desire in owning.