WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Shirts of Science

The idea that science is complicated is just a myth perpetuated by jaded physicists who want to feel cool for making particles or whatever. In reality, science is not only simple; it's also funny and SUPER CUTE! Want proof? Then look no further than these sweet science-y tees, totes, and hoodies!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

This is a sale I can get excited about! I see at least 5 shirts I want.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

There's a lot of Science! represented on ShirtWoot. And the best part is these aren't even all the Sciency! designs.

And yes, Science! needs that "!".

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

In reference to "The Electromagnetic Spectrum" shirt, that's the tiniest Hulk I've ever seen. I would've bought it if he was a normal-sized Hulk.

cupcakelazers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupcakelazers

DJ ROOMBA!

Seriously, I might need to buy the Natural Selection shirt for my lady if only because DJ Roomba makes an appearance.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
rayray8822 wrote:In reference to "The Electromagnetic Spectrum" shirt, that's the tiniest Hulk I've ever seen. I would've bought it if he was a normal-sized Hulk.

The Hulk's size is proportional to his level of anger. In this case, he is only slightly angry that the axes on this chart are not properly labelled.

If the Hulk cared about that as much as my high school physics professor did, he would be so large that he wouldn't fit on the shirt.

ognotongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ognotongo

Arrrrrg, why no zip up hoodies. The lightweight things are way to thin and WAY to tight.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I want ALL of these!!! I'll have to sell the car.

p4tner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p4tner

Where's Chucknorium?

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
p4tner wrote:Where's Chucknorium?

I have a long-sleeved Chucknorium in medium if you're interested... :-)

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

How do I view the original coomunity comments thread created when each shirt was first offered? I can see the comments on some shirts but not others.

Sometimes this helps me decide if a given shirt is right as a gift for someone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

f00l wrote:How do I view the original coomunity comments thread created when each shirt was first offered? I can see the comments on some shirts but not others.

Sometimes this helps me decide if a given shirt is right as a gift for someone.

You should be able to search for them in the All Designs Shirt Catalog. There will be a link to the original discussion thread on that sale page.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

f00l

ThunderThighs wrote:You should be able to search for them in the All Designs Shirt Catalog. There will be a link to the original discussion thread on that sale page.

On one of the Tesla shirts that works.

On the "identity code" shirt page (from a collection search), no discussion link at all.

On the "natural selection" shirt (reached from searching the Collection) the discussion button led to this thread, not the original thread.

How to see the original discussion thread? Thx.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ThunderThighs wrote:You should be able to search for them in the All Designs Shirt Catalog. There will be a link to the original discussion thread on that sale page.

The discussion links are missing for any shirt that has been offered as a t-shirt in the woot plus sales. (At least, the last time I checked, that was true.)

f00l wrote:How do I view the original coomunity comments thread created when each shirt was first offered?

If you google the shirt's title and "shirt.woot blog," that often brings up the link to the blog post from when the shirt was first offered, and if you open the link, there's a box at the bottom of the blog post that says "discuss" with the number of posts as superscript. It's an unwieldy way to find the discussion thread, but probably the easiest since woot removed the links to the discussion page for anything that's been sold as a t-shirt in woot plus.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
cupcakelazers wrote:DJ ROOMBA!

Seriously, I might need to buy the Natural Selection shirt for my lady if only because DJ Roomba makes an appearance.

DJ Roomba in the house!

I'm still unreasonably proud of this design, it was my first ever print. :D

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Hooray for Rocket Science! I'm so excited to have this design printed for the first time. Thanks, woot! :D

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Spiritgreen wrote:... I'm still unreasonably proud of this design, it was my first ever print. :D

Every artist should be very proud of their first print, as there's usually more to follow.

(In your case, I have ... ummm, 19 of your designs between here, TF, and GJ.)

f00l

neuropsychosocial wrote:If you google the shirt's title and "shirt.woot blog," that often brings up the link to the blog post from when the shirt was first offered, and if you open the link, there's a box at the bottom of the blog post that says "discuss" with the number of posts as superscript. It's an unwieldy way to find the discussion thread, but probably the easiest since woot removed the links to the discussion page for anything that's been sold as a t-shirt in woot plus.

Your suggestion worked. Thx!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

HAH! I've never seen that riffmaster moon dog walking shirt before. That's pretty amusing.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

zachss514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachss514

If you guys printed the Hulk shirt on anything by an Anvil tee, I'd buy it.

anyboatyourow

quality posts: 25 Private Messages anyboatyourow

One bit of advice: go for the simple shirts.

I have the "Questionable Periodic Table" and while I do like it a lot, it's too detailed for a great shirt.

People have to stand there reading your chest for an extended period of time before they can even understand the joke. And in order to read the whole shirt, you're talking 5 minutes or more.

So the simple, catch-at-a-glance shirts are preferable.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
bluetuba wrote:HAH! I've never seen that riffmaster moon dog walking shirt before. That's pretty amusing.

woo(t)!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

elowantstosay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elowantstosay

I have this shirt! I love love love love it! it's so fun to go through all the elements and find out all the witty things that are on there. The only downside is that you can't see what's on it unless you stare really close. I stopped wearing mine because after washing it, it started to fade. I wanted to preserve this shirt as long as I can!

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

Woot! you seem to have a problem. When looking at several of the shirts the additional views will not enlarge. Tested on 2 different browsers with the same results. Checking the nevermore 5th birthday link that was in the same email, and everything is OK there. It just appears to be with the science link.

Could you please fix. Thanks.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
anyboatyourow wrote:One bit of advice: go for the simple shirts.

I have the "Questionable Periodic Table" and while I do like it a lot, it's too detailed for a great shirt.

People have to stand there reading your chest for an extended period of time before they can even understand the joke. And in order to read the whole shirt, you're talking 5 minutes or more.

So the simple, catch-at-a-glance shirts are preferable.

50% of the population is used to having their chest stared at for unusually long periods of time.

This just makes it educational.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
lstaff wrote:50% of the population is used to having their chest stared at for unusually long periods of time.

This just makes it educational.

Ha!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

The T.I.T. zip tote is sold out.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.