Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

They call me Ishmael...

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc

Just when I thought I had gotten The Decemberists' tunes out of my head.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

Scrimshaw on a shirt. Scrolling background detail gives it the perfect depth + atmosphere.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Wear this shirt: swimming with dolphins on a cruise ship
Don't wear this shirt: whale watching in a rowboat
This shirt tells the world: "I appreciate quality literature and quality artwork. Or I'm a hungry, hungry whale."
We call this color: "After Moby Dick eats you, you'll eventually be asphalted out of his digestive system."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

scuac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scuac

What do you mean "this is not a Free Willy shirt"?

OoWillz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz

Thank you editors. From the moment I saw this shirt in the derby I knew I had to have it. The extraordinary use of four simple colors leaves me breathless. This seemingly cheerful design is terrifyingly sublime.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

J83pc wrote:Just when I thought I had gotten The Decemberists' tunes out of my head.

C'MON. YOU GOTTA LINK THAT RIGHTEOUS 'ISH, DUDE.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Caaaalllleeed it! 2 out of 3 so far.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5399892&pageindex=1&replycount=32#post5400164]

*gloats*

I'd like to see a certain Frenchie's giant robot tomorrow though pretty plz. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

andrewc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewc

From hell's heart I dawwww at thee...

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Look out Abe Lincoln! That giant happy white whale is gonna squish you!

(Don't worry, I know that's Ahab not Abe. But they do kinda look alike, from a distance.)

shygote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shygote

Excellent write up; they even got Ira's bizarre speech pattern down.

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

Wear this shirt: to your American Lit class. Surely you'll get extra credit, right? Right?

Anyway, love the design & the simple colors - and the name of this shirt, which makes me laugh. XD

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
safyrejet wrote:Look out Abe Lincoln! That giant happy white whale is gonna squish you!

(Don't worry, I know that's Ahab not Abe. But they do kinda look alike, from a distance.)

Take a second look at that beard - it's neither Abe NOR Ahab, it's either Rasputin or Ivan Sakharine!

mariannedk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariannedk

I love your t-shirts, there are so many cool designs but ..... they are all crew neck ! Crew neck t-shirts are for guys !
For most women that is not a very flattering style. V-neck and scoop-neck is the way to go ! I hope you guys will consider offering your t-shirts in different models and I'd be very happy to wear them !

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Excellent craftsmanship on the artwork. Just look at that texture!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
goldenthorn wrote:C'MON. YOU GOTTA LINK THAT RIGHTEOUS 'ISH, DUDE.

Man, what a great version. And Sparkle Pony is his mother's voice on that track? Mind blown.

Congrats to Patrick on the stylin' shirt!

ronman101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronman101

A shirt that brings back memories of the movie JAWS, "I think your going to need a bigger boat." Nice design!

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight

"Moby this wasn't the best idea...."

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo

Tried my best to resist buying ANOTHER shirt, but my willpower was too weak.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

I was so bummed when this shirt didn't make it to the top three in either the Literature or the Double-Take derbies. Thank you Woot! peeps for giving this shirt the chance at the market the it deserves! And me another chance to blow $12 on my ever-more-overflowing t-shirt drawer :P

At first glance it's an obvious but cute reference to a literary classic, but upon closer inspection the swirly wave details in the background, water, and the whale itself are truly quite beautifully done. Swirly? That's a technical artistic description, right? ...Guys?

rhanlives

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rhanlives
mariannedk wrote:Crew neck t-shirts are for guys !
For most women that is not a very flattering style. V-neck and scoop-neck is the way to go !

It's all part of the master plan. We're breaking down barriers here, no more glass ceiling, no differences in fashion.

hierophanta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hierophanta

love the design, the placement and the size of the image.

i'm very happily in for one.

lompoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lompoc

"Hmm, a formal meal!" smiles the whale. "Forget the don't play with your food, this looks like like fun! Stir well before eating..."

I love the art!

Lompoc, pronounced correctly as Lompoke. When you hear it on tv said as Lompock, proof they're NOT residents of the area.

stickililli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickililli

Yay!! I'm finally a part of the insta-buy club!!

v6bird

quality posts: 2 Private Messages v6bird

Is that a Sperm Whale? How do I get into these sticky situations?

v6bird

quality posts: 2 Private Messages v6bird

This guy is totally going to win the belly flop contest!

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
mariannedk wrote:
For most women that is not a very flattering style. V-neck and scoop-neck is the way to go ! I hope you guys will consider offering your t-shirts in different models and I'd be very happy to wear them !

I think that depends on the woman. Personally I love the way these Woot shirts fit and flatter my figure. Most V-necks and scoop necks, yikes way too revealing to me. It might be nice if different styles of blanks could be offered with regular dailies, different people have different builds and preferences. I'm not sure how that would work in the low priced Woot business model. I'm not a business type person.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I think this is the first shirt since the blank change that I've bought on its debut day. *checks* Yep. Actually, the last time I bought a shirt on day 1, it was $10. *sigh* Those were the days...

... but that's irrelevant. This is a great shirt. I think the best part is the gleeful little grin at the corner of Moby's mouth. WHOLESALE DESTRUCTION! WHEE!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

gq1269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gq1269

The problem now is the cheap @$$ tshirts you are using now. I would be willing to pay more for a nicer shirt. These shirts are done after one or two times through the laundry. I have shirts from two and three uears ago that are still going strong because they were of higher quality.

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj

Hmm, why can't I order it? Tried with Chrome and Firefox, but could not order it (although I ordered yesterday I think...). Hopefully it's working when I wake up in the morning :-/...

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
bluetuba wrote:Caaaalllleeed it! 2 out of 3 so far.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5399892&pageindex=1&replycount=32#post5400164]

*gloats*

I'd like to see a certain Frenchie's giant robot tomorrow though pretty plz. ;)

Congratulations!!!

Now, do you have any stock picks I could use????

dlsoops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlsoops

MOST women take a pair of scissors and create their own V-neck, ETC.they 'customize'. How much cleavage? How well is the scissor cut done. Stop wanting everything on a silver platter Maria

mariannedk wrote:I love your t-shirts, there are so many cool designs but ..... they are all crew neck ! Crew neck t-shirts are for guys !

Dale L. Sadler

lompoc

Mariannedk wrote:
I love your t-shirts, there are so many cool designs but ..... they are all crew neck ! Crew neck t-shirts are for guys !
For most women that is not a very flattering style. V-neck and scoop-neck is the way to go ! I hope you guys will consider offering your t-shirts in different models and I'd be very happy to wear them!

Safyrejet wrote:
I think that depends on the woman. Personally I love the way these Woot shirts fit and flatter my figure. Most V-necks and scoop necks, yikes way too revealing to me. It might be nice if different styles of blanks could be offered with regular dailies, different people have different builds and preferences. I'm not sure how that would work in the low priced Woot business model. I'm not a business type person.

Dlsoops wrote:
MOST women take a pair of scissors and create their own V-neck, ETC., they 'customize'. How much cleavage? How well is the scissor cut done. Stop wanting everything on a silver platter Maria.

I totally agree "Go with the flow" or "Go it alone and alter". We're woman, we're flexible that's why we are the ones who have the babies. We can adjust and adapt, more than the majority of, ahem. After all you aren't at woot for Tiffany's services. If so, reality says, "adjust"! I hear Walmart has lots of sales. :-D

Lompoc, pronounced correctly as Lompoke. When you hear it on tv said as Lompock, proof they're NOT residents of the area.

kw531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kw531

This is great! More whale shirts please!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 40.991s
First Sucker: goobster013
Last Wooter to Woot: firepupjjd
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 41% of Shirt Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 904

First day sales 904
First day posts 34

lompoc

jrunnerrunnerj wrote:Hmm, why can't I order it? Tried with Chrome and Firefox, but could not order it (although I ordered yesterday I think...). Hopefully it's working when I wake up in the morning :-/...

You might want to check your woot account to see if your shirt order worked yesterday. Or perhaps your credit card got bent...

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly
mariannedk wrote:I love your t-shirts, there are so many cool designs but ..... they are all crew neck ! Crew neck t-shirts are for guys !

*Raises hand* I'm a girl, and I like crew-neck t-shirts. I find them flattering. I really hate wearing v-neck and scoop neck because I don't feel like layering every time I step out of the house. Just sayin'.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lompoc wrote:You might want to check your woot account to see if your shirt order worked yesterday. Or perhaps your credit card got bent...

it looks like we were having some problems yesterday and this morning. They should be resolved now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders