WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt.Woot Spotlight: cmdixon2

Every great artist can be summed up in one word. For cmdixon2, that word is "Melting-Armageddon-Rain-Bird". So if you're into birds, rain, melting things, and doomsdays, you've come to the right place.  Just don't ask cmdixon2 to design a cute cat, unless the cat is catching a bird while falling down a lava waterfall. 

lonelypond

quality posts: 405 Private Messages lonelypond

Geometry Blows is the first shirt I ever bought from woot! I think I'd enjoy a long sleeve version. Really nice collection of cmdixon2's always excellent designs, although it is lacking one of my favorites, the palindrome.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Oh heyyyy purple shirt!! AA \o/

Another great spotlight! Do like melting colors and square monsters :3

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Oh, these are lovely! I don't remember seeing some of these before. Congrats on the spotlight, cmdixon2!

stormyskys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormyskys

I might just want to get half of these designs... decisions :\

Well done!

And I love that cmdixon2 even has done one for "The Dark Tower" series!

maccally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maccally

I have the Rain, Rain, Go Away as a t-shirt, and it is a really fantastic design. Congrats on the spotlight!

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

I wore my umbrellas long-sleeve yesterday! I love it.

I don't remember the nightingale shirt from before... is it new? I love the purple. But I've also always regretted not getting Toucan. This is a dangerous side-sale for me.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

I thought There Are Other Worlds Than These was a reference to Kiss From A Rose. Maybe Seal is a Dark Tower fan?

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Loving the spotlight, just wish some of them were on tshirts (definitely like some of the remixes shirt color swaps)

elgatoesloco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elgatoesloco

Man, I wish they had Arglye Kite in a regular Tee

bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester

Cmdixon's stuff is incredible, and I wish woot was still doing poster prints. Several of these designs just beg to be given the poster treatment (again in some cases if I recall correctly).

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
februarystar27 wrote:I wore my umbrellas long-sleeve yesterday! I love it.

I don't remember the nightingale shirt from before... is it new? I love the purple. But I've also always regretted not getting Toucan. This is a dangerous side-sale for me.

I remember it, but don't remember the derby. I would say over a year ago, and I don't think it printed then. So new shirt.

jshoop231

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshoop231

I don't remember there being a bird in The Dark Tower other than the falcon that Roland had as a young man... Is that what cmdixon2 was going for? I think the shirt would look better without the bird.

RaisingOphelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaisingOphelia
orabbit wrote:I thought There Are Other Worlds Than These was a reference to Kiss From A Rose. Maybe Seal is a Dark Tower fan?

"Go, then - there are other worlds than these." is a direct quote from the Dark Tower series, and a rose is quite important to the storyline. As is the tower, naturally. Probably nothing to do with the song..

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

Please replace asphalt with slate. Asphalt is just too dark to show any but the brightest colors

artchase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artchase

I love these designs but I just wish they were available as posters. Some of these designs would look wonderful as prints.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
februarystar27 wrote:I wore my umbrellas long-sleeve yesterday! I love it.

The nightingale design was submitted in Derby #209: Fairy Tales, but did not receive enough votes to print (came in 15th). Shirtwoot decided to print this design for the first time on a purple tee ("eggplant" is the official color name).

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?