3%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Sweet! Thrilled to see this printed! Congrats Walmazan and Kevlar51.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

Oh my goodness, that write up! It altered my consciousness.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 83 Private Messages Thirdbase9

B4 I buy one, I want to know if that is a hit.

I don't know.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Nice. Now not only do I want to play Battleship, I also want to track down an arcade submarine warfare game to play (and watch Operation Petticoat) because although the framing device is probably a porthole, I'm thinking of it as a periscope.

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme

"You sunk my battleship" - for a long time I didn't know how to play accurately, as when I saw my siblings play, they always used to move the pins. "miss.... miss.... miss"

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Color: Navy Ha! Very clever.

Congratulations on the print, Kevin and Wences.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

This is the fifth installment in Kevlar and Walmazan's collaborative series: Board Games Gone Shirty!
- Clue: In the Library with the Wrench
- Candyland: Candy Empire
- Trivial Pursuit: Trivial Matters
- Monopoly: Do Not Pass Go
- Battleship: Red Pegs

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

djkittn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages djkittn

This is war. You want my ships to just lay still like sitting ducks while they take incoming fire? I may go down with my ship, sir, but I will go down fighting! Load another red peg!

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Must mention: sharp retro war propaganda poster feel to the design.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Another kevlar and Walmazan classic board game mashup? Always a winner in my book. I just wish I wasn't broke or I would add this to my collection.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is the fifth installment in Kevlar and Walmazan's collaborative series: Board Games Gone Shirty!

Fifth in the Woot series; Risk printed at Goodjoe.

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis

Congrats kevlar and Walmazan - well played

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

The "white peg" line ruins this shirt for me. White pegs merely represent shots that miss the target. It takes just as much courage to fire and miss as it does to fire and hit the target.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats Kevin and Wences! A great designnd and a great write-up XDXD I love Battleship, the game...though I watched the movie the other day...now I'm confused XDXD

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Another fine addition to the board games series. Well done, Kevin and Wences!

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

Wow it must be years since I'v played that, thanks for the shot of nostalgia Kevlar51

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

You sank my hopes of . . . umm . . . buying this shirt.

One reason that your shirts might be back-ordered is that you sell incredible designs that appeal to people of a variety of sizes. Why not consider expanding that demographic by expanding your variety of sizes? I, for example, have missed out on about $200.00 worth of shirts because you don't carry a 5x, or offer these prints in a press-on transfer form.

I just want cool clothes.
Please?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is the fifth installment in Kevlar and Walmazan's collaborative series: Board Games Gone Shirty!

Not since Milton met Bradley has a collaboration on board gamery been so successfully executed. Well done gents.

As for the writeup...I hope that was algorithmically generated and not manually....yikes.

move along

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
edz321 wrote:The "white peg" line ruins this shirt for me. White pegs merely represent shots that miss the target. It takes just as much courage to fire and miss as it does to fire and hit the target.

Hear hear - exactly my thoughts.

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk
edz321 wrote:The "white peg" line ruins this shirt for me. White pegs merely represent shots that miss the target. It takes just as much courage to fire and miss as it does to fire and hit the target.

This. Makes the shirt seem like a fundamental misunderstanding of the rules/gameplay of Battleship. And this nerd ain't gonna wear something that makes people question my game cred.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I kinda want to take the write-up into Excel and sort to see if any squares are missing or duped.

Yes, I'm that person.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jamahu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamahu

Never before has the "Back to Top" link at the bottom of a writeup been such a blessing...

otmar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otmar
ThunderThighs wrote:I kinda want to take the write-up into Excel and sort to see if any squares are missing or duped.

Yes, I'm that person.

Excel? Eeek.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Data::Dumper;
while(<>){$h{$1}{$2}++ if(/([A-Z])(\d+)/);}
print Dumper(\%h);

Every square is hit twice. The only irregularities are missing " in front of some calls.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Wow, this looks exciting. They should make a movie out of it.

Schaeffer20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schaeffer20

Unfortunately I must agree. It doesn't make sense...

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks everyone! Thanks Wences!

This is a joke shirt--a parody of old war posters. It implies that the sailors firing the guns have a choice between the colors to fire. If red is always a hit and white is always a miss, which color would you fire with?

[EDIT]
Awesome write-up!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

otmar wrote:Excel? Eeek.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Data::Dumper;
while(<>){$h{$1}{$2}++ if(/([A-Z])(\d+)/);}
print Dumper(\%h);

Every square is hit twice. The only irregularities are missing " in front of some calls.

Pulled out your programmer hat, huh? Show off. Thanks for putting my mind to rest though!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

At first I thought maybe the long string of shots in the write-up was something clever, perhaps making a picture or something. Rather the game is just alternating between hitting every square in sequence from the top left down and every square in sequence from the bottom right up. You can see this where the two sequences cross each other in the middle.

That's actually a very poor strategy for Battleship. Since the smallest ship is two squares long, you don't need any more density than a checkerboard pattern to locate everything. Though for the purposes of the write-up it gets the point across.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Design smarter with... LESS TEXT

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

I don't get it. Is this some sort of retro-style poster for that awesome movie last year? The one that launched Rihanna's carreer, and revived Liam Neesons' as well?

The red pegs on the shirt look a little bit like the missiles the aliens were using. Is that what this is a reference to? I feel like I'm missing something.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
takethemeatbridge wrote:I don't get it. Is this some sort of retro-style poster for that awesome movie last year? The one that launched Rihanna's carreer, and revived Liam Neesons' as well?

The red pegs on the shirt look a little bit like the missiles the aliens were using. Is that what this is a reference to? I feel like I'm missing something.

Yup, exactly!

move along

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit

This is so rad- such a clever take on a classic game!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Russian battleship propaganda has never been so whimsical. Great art, super wearable.

The power team continues. :^)

ucfseth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ucfseth

If you buy this shirt. You are absolutely going to look like a munchkin munchkin munchkin munchkin. It doesn't make sense that white is for "cowards."

And to the guy who explained that it is about the color you would choose to fire out of a cannon- I see what you are trying to say but it still doesn't make sense why it is "cowardly" to choose white. I'm pretty sure even a coward would choose a sure hit instead of a sure miss.
If it said "fools" instead of "coward" the shirt would be less Lollypop Guild and I would respect someone who wore it.

Monco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monco
ucfseth wrote:If you buy this shirt. You are absolutely going to look like a munchkin munchkin munchkin munchkin. It doesn't make sense that white is for "cowards."

And to the guy who explained that it is about the color you would choose to fire out of a cannon- I see what you are trying to say but it still doesn't make sense why it is "cowardly" to choose white. I'm pretty sure even a coward would choose a sure hit instead of a sure miss.
If it said "fools" instead of "coward" the shirt would be less Lollypop Guild and I would respect someone who wore it.

FOR EVERYONE WONDERING WHY WHITE IS FOR COWARDS!!!

You mark on YOUR side where the misses are with whites. If you can't remember where you hit and have to use the white markers to keep track because you don't want to risk missing the same coordinates twice... you're a coward. Period.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Thank you wotters for all the support and thank you Kevin for the opportunity to collab again!

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
ThunderThighs wrote:I kinda want to take the write-up into Excel and sort to see if any squares are missing or duped.

Yes, I'm that person.

I was thinking the same thing! I was just too exhausted from reading it to do it. *yawn*

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Am I the only one who thinks its a bad idea to arm the panicking people on the Titanic with baseball bats?
That's what I thought when I saw the shirt.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 18.889s
First Sucker: baybei
Last Wooter to Woot: markhca
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 39% of Shirt Woots
Top 38% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 717

First day sales 717
First day posts 38