mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Where's the lizard and Spock?

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Hey, it's Cop Rock!

lichme

quality posts: 2785 Private Messages lichme
mattryan wrote:Where's the lizard and Spock?

In case anybody is wondering....

Joy007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joy007
lichme wrote:In case anybody is wondering....

You can't access woot unless you already know that.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Dammit, it is scissor, paper, stone. Who's the lamebrain who changed stone to "rock". I'm out.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Oh! Such a nice design!!:D I specially love the expressions, like the paper doesn't even know what he's actually saying XD

Great work Nathan! Congrats!;D

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Aw yeah, thanks, Wirdou!
I want to hear this write-up to read dramatically.

Here's the animated version

I'm actually more of a rock guy because I feel like everybody else likes scissors so much and because it's easiest

steveb944

quality posts: 10 Private Messages steveb944
Joy007 wrote:You can't access woot unless you already know that.

I guess I broke in, I don't watch much TV.

I liked the design, and once I noticed it was printed on green I LOVE the design.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Aw I love it! Paper is like the silently strong one in the game, seems so vulnerable but can still beat rock. Hands down my favorite play.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

efiore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages efiore

This is a fabulous design. Brilliant, really. Love the animated version, too. Thanks for posting that. Hurry up and sell these shirts before gun laws become so oppressive that Paper needs a full background check and permit for his weapons of choice.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Paper, the silent killer. Always underestimated.

Congrats Nathan! This shirt is cool.

ParadiseDave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ParadiseDave

I love the design, but the one "grass" Woot shirt I own (Some BBQ) makes me look like I'm sick and about to puke. My whole face looks green. I'd buy today's shirt in a heartbeat if it printed on a different blank.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
ckeilah wrote:Dammit, it is scissor, paper, stone. Who's the lamebrain who changed stone to "rock". I'm out.

It's always been rock where I'm from.
Long live rock!!

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
efiore wrote:This is a fabulous design. Brilliant, really. Love the animated version, too. Thanks for posting that. Hurry up and sell these shirts before gun laws become so oppressive that Paper needs a full background check and permit for his weapons of choice.

And for God's sake don't wear this to school,you'll cause a lockdown!

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
ckeilah wrote:Dammit, it is scissor, paper, stone. Who's the lamebrain who changed stone to "rock". I'm out.

Lemme guess....you don't live in the U.S., do you?

May the Crap be with you all!!!

nathanwpyle

Spiritgreen wrote:Paper, the silent killer. Always underestimated.

Congrats Nathan! This shirt is cool.

Thanks so much for the kind words, all!

tonyvjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyvjr

This would be an instabuy if not for the text, which makes it too redundant. Love the concept/design though. Subtlety ftw.

nathanwpyle

tonyvjr wrote:This would be an instabuy if not for the text, which makes it too redundant. Love the concept/design though. Subtlety ftw.

I appreciate you saying this - I'm generally hoping to communicate jokes without text - in this case, I felt the majority would prefer with text because a critical mass of people wouldn't get it without the line. (though I often assume there will be another set that would have preferred more subtlety)

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd

I don't trust Scissors. He has to be up to something. Rock better keep an eye on him...

EDIT: I guess I should have read the write up first... :O

joelandalicia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelandalicia
nathanwpyle wrote:I appreciate you saying this - I'm generally hoping to communicate jokes without text - in this case, I felt the majority would prefer with text because a critical mass of people wouldn't get it without the line. (though I often assume there will be another set that would have preferred more subtlety)

I am in for 1! I just looked through your list of woot shirts and realized that of the 6 I own this will make 4 that you created! Thanks Nathan, we must share similar humor. That being said I actually like the text because it should confuse the other people reading it. It adds depth to the shirt. The casual glance the people will read it and wonder why they are fighting and not pick up on the "paper covers rock". Brilliantly played. Here is some more money. Keep coming up with great shirts.

nathanwpyle

joelandalicia wrote:I am in for 1! I just looked through your list of woot shirts and realized that of the 6 I own this will make 4 that you created! Thanks Nathan, we must share similar humor. That being said I actually like the text because it should confuse the other people reading it. It adds depth to the shirt. The casual glance the people will read it and wonder why they are fighting and not pick up on the "paper covers rock". Brilliantly played. Here is some more money. Keep coming up with great shirts.

Well that's just about the nicest comment I've ever read - thanks so much! I'm thankful Woot has given me the chance to find others who laugh at the same silly stuff I do. Seriously, it's a blast. go INTERNETS!

danncer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danncer

This was my favorite derby entry. So glad to see it got printed. Congrats, Nathan!

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a few t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

gelvenguiltyspark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gelvenguiltyspark

I feel like the best part of this shirt is the description story between Rock and Scissors

gelvenguiltyspark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gelvenguiltyspark
gelvenguiltyspark wrote:I feel like the best part of this shirt is the description story between Rock and Scissors

Still, I love this shirt and have decided to get it even before I saw the story!

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond

Clever. If we're going to have a run of games revisited as movies, why not an animated noir take on a classic?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 43.558s
First Sucker: misan23
Last Wooter to Woot: digikey
Last Purchase: 3 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 42% of Shirt Woots
Top 36% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 976

First day sales 976
First day posts 25

rahsosprout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rahsosprout

is this offered on a different background color?

I love the design and I would buy it if not for the green background color. green is kinda meh...