WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mentions of Honor

Pistol Pete never won a national championship. Alfred Hitchcock never took home the Oscar for "Best Director." Sliced bread's trophy room remains empty. What we're getting at is that you don't have to win to be considered great. Like these Honorable Mentions. Just because they didn't take the derby, does that mean they're not worthy of being sold as tees? NO! WAY!

Quality Posts

midori4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4

I'm so happy to see that Woot got in more glow-in-the-dark ink.

jluffner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jluffner

Yay! There WILL be cake!

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

"twas brillig and the slithey toves..."

Love mysteries? Want a mix of gay + straight characters? With a bit of Poe? Try my book, darn it ; ) In The Bleak December.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Congratulations to all of the artists!

Is it possible to tell which shirts are will be going into the catalog (are those D contracts?) and which are on temporary loan to woot/C-contracts?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tessderpervilles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tessderpervilles

Thanks for the print Woot!, and thanks to Mavyn for the collab!

Mine was D contract, I assume the rest were also.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm

The Cake is a Ven on an apron please!!!!!

>insert funny quote here<

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Thanks Woot! If we ever get a chance, I'd love to have the Shawshank design on a Book Bag :-)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIHHHHH

I get to buy Monkey's Paw and The Golem!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:Congratulations to all of the artists!

Is it possible to tell which shirts are will be going into the catalog (are those D contracts?) and which are on temporary loan to woot/C-contracts?

They are all D contracts, so you will eventually see them in the catalog and in future PLUS sales. Our plan is to go back to former C contracts and get as many people as possible switched over to D's. Hopefully we'll get that done really soon.

derekofminnesota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekofminnesota
tgentry wrote:They are all D contracts, so you will eventually see them in the catalog and in future PLUS sales. Our plan is to go back to former C contracts and get as many people as possible switched over to D's. Hopefully we'll get that done really soon.

Out of curiosity, what do C and D contracts mean? Is it a level of exclusivity to Shirt Woot?

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Jaberwocky!! Sweet!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

So glad these have gone to print!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
derekofminnesota wrote:Out of curiosity, what do C and D contracts mean? Is it a level of exclusivity to Shirt Woot?

Yes. Under a C-contract, woot holds the rights to a design for a year, then the rights revert back to the artist; the artist receives no lump-sum commission, but is paid $2/item sold. These designs can't be offered through "All Designs," so the artist essentially gets the commission from the Woot Plus sale and then the ability to take the design elsewhere after a year.

The new D-contracts grant woot the permanent rights to the design; the artist receives no lump-sum commission, but is paid $2/item. These items will go into "All Designs," so the artists will have the ability to continue receiving commissions long-term. As tgentry mentioned, they're slowly going to move some of the old C-contracts to D-contracts so the designs can be sold through "All Designs."

(For completeness: all Derby prints and most Daily prints are under A-contracts: permanent rights to woot, lump sum commission of $1000 for all first day sales then $2/item sold after the first day. Some Daily prints, especially from the first year of shirt.woot, are under B-contracts: one year rights to woot, lump sum commission of $500 for all first day sales then $1/item sold after the first day.)

tgentry, thanks for the information!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Can't figure it out, what does sugar + flour make??

tessderpervilles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tessderpervilles
badlass wrote:Can't figure it out, what does sugar + flour make??

sweet cracker.

jparkerboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jparkerboy

Is there an easy way to track back to the derby these designs came from? I'm in for 1 Golem but am curious how the heck it got pushed down to the honorable mentions pile. It's ... just too cool.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
bluetuba wrote:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIHHHHH

I get to buy Monkey's Paw and The Golem!

i knew you'd be happy ,thanks;))

kharmazero

jparkerboy wrote:Is there an easy way to track back to the derby these designs came from? I'm in for 1 Golem but am curious how the heck it got pushed down to the honorable mentions pile. It's ... just too cool.

the golem was on "you'll be the algorythm" derby, but i asked to rename it cause myth -science - sci-fi forest was not so sexy as title ;)))and yes it's cool to se it here

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh

Congratulations to the honorable artists. Definitely worth the mention.

jkennedy009

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkennedy009

What does The Golem shirt mean? It's stunning, but is there a meaning I'm not getting?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
jkennedy009 wrote:What does The Golem shirt mean? It's stunning, but is there a meaning I'm not getting?

I'm sure Kharma will chime in, but as far as I know there isn't any meaning or reference you aren't getting if that's what you mean.

The derby it was originally designed for was "algorithm" which meant you just chose a bunch of categories and combined them in one design. This was was originally called "scifi-science-robot-space" which were the categories the artist chose.

It's just a really cool looking giant blue robot. :-D

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking

I am hoping the Woot Off comes soon and I will pick up a few of these.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
theiking wrote:I am hoping the Woot Off comes soon and I will pick up a few of these.

Only the "top 20" shirts go on sale during the WootOff. These will be gone Sunday at midnight (I think)

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
AlexIAm wrote:The Cake is a Ven on an apron please!!!!!

Seconded!!

kharmazero

jkennedy009 wrote:What does The Golem shirt mean? It's stunning, but is there a meaning I'm not getting?

you're not missing anything, it's just what it looks like a giant bot and a kid running.Now up to you to build your own story, the door is opened

kharmazero

bluetuba wrote:I'm sure Kharma will chime in, but as far as I know there isn't any meaning or reference you aren't getting if that's what you mean.

The derby it was originally designed for was "algorithm" which meant you just chose a bunch of categories and combined them in one design. This was was originally called "scifi-science-robot-space" which were the categories the artist chose.

It's just a really cool looking giant blue robot. :-D

exactly this,thanks ;))

JeffQ

quality posts: 7 Private Messages JeffQ

I must have missed the derby with "Solar Transit Authority". It's my favorite solar-system shirt yet! I'm sure it'll get odd and amused looks on the Metro.

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking
j5 wrote:Only the "top 20" shirts go on sale during the WootOff. These will be gone Sunday at midnight (I think)

I know but If I get a few from the top 20 for 12 bucks I can trick myself into thinking I only paid 12 for these and therefor alleviate the massive buyers remorse soon to come!

tcar2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcar2012
JeffQ wrote:I must have missed the derby with "Solar Transit Authority". It's my favorite solar-system shirt yet! I'm sure it'll get odd and amused looks on the Metro.

I missed it too! The second I saw it, I had to have it. I'm a big 'Poor Pluto' fan and this gives it's status a nod. Love it!

zimdba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zimdba

My childhood really did die that day.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

That's awesome, I've really wanted that glow-in-the-dark "Cake is a Lie" design... but I wish I could get it on a hoodie. Any option of anything besides shirts? =/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Stexe wrote:That's awesome, I've really wanted that glow-in-the-dark "Cake is a Lie" design... but I wish I could get it on a hoodie. Any option of anything besides shirts? =/

Only selling what we're showing here. Keep checking back though. You never know what will show up in other sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
tessderpervilles wrote:sweet cracker.

More importantly, butter and eggs in the shell yields eggs not in a shell? I think that is a deal breaker for me. Like the shirt otherwise.

MJR

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
powerelite wrote:More importantly, butter and eggs in the shell yields eggs not in a shell? I think that is a deal breaker for me. Like the shirt otherwise.

Butter + eggs = fried eggs.

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
zimdba wrote:My childhood really did die that day.

So, a movie remake was "The Day My Childhood Died". Please help me out and identify! Sorry I'm not very pop-culture informed.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
Spotsmom wrote:So, a movie remake was "The Day My Childhood Died". Please help me out and identify! Sorry I'm not very pop-culture inofrmed.

Episode I

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
Narfcake wrote:Episode I

Thanks, Narfcake. I just ignore that prequel series and choose to forget about it! So I DO agree with the sentiment behind tjost's post!

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

So many great prints! Scifi-science-robot-myth-space-forest-golem was a must buy.