KarmaSita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarmaSita

I have an entire drawer devoted to woot tees that I purchased when you were doing AA. I thought I was going to have to start a new drawer, but then you did me a solid and switched, so I havent bought any since.

Unfortunately, the same was true for my son, but he has continued to grow, and no longer fits in his old woot tees. I tried the new ones and the neck is so stretched out it hangs over his shoulder and looks ridiculous. I cant find any other cool tees for him to wear, so I guess he'll just have to go topless till you either switch back or he grows into the adult sizes (he's 3, so that might be awhile)
Please switch back.... FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!

artchase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artchase

I love the feel and quality of the AA shirts. Anvil may be cheaper to buy but the shirts are not of the same quality and the ones I bought a year ago are not holding up well. And for ladies who need larger sizes offering AA 2XL would be a nice option. Offering S-2XL would help solve some of the sizing issues that caused people to complain back before the Anvil switch and the size issues afterwards.

bduk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduk

Normally I don't bother logging in to answer poll questions.

But after looking at the way the newer brand holds up after washing, I have bought zero shirts. And there must have been at least 2 that I wanted to buy.

As a tall person, I really don't like the fit of the new blanks.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Oh woot, why must you tease? I would happily pay an extra dollar for AA, of course!! As other have said, an AA option while still offering Anvil t's would be perfect if it's logistically possible. You'd win back your old customers and keep the ones who preferred Anvil. It would be sooo awesome and there would be rainbows and butterflies everywhere.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

I guess, since unlike some other sites, you don't charge an extra dollar for a 2XL, which I usually have to buy to get an XL after it's been washed and dried a few times.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
ochopika wrote:Oh woot, why must you tease? I would happily pay an extra dollar for AA, of course!! As other have said, an AA option while still offering Anvil t's would be perfect if it's logistically possible. You'd win back your old customers and keep the ones who preferred Anvil. It would be sooo awesome and there would be rainbows and butterflies everywhere.

Not to mention unicorns and daisies.

keltisia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keltisia

I love the shirts you have now! They fit better than AA shirts and AA are too hipster...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I just put on my Anvil women's shirt today. First time in months.

It seems that I gained a few lbs this winter and the Anvil fits great!

If I gain any more weight, it won't fit on top.

If I lose any weight, it will be too big on the hip again.

So, if I stay this weight forever, you can keep the Anvil.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

LarryLars

quality posts: 66 Private Messages LarryLars

Woot, I like to see a roll back to $10 for the daily tee because you upped the price and then went to cheaper (for you) tees (anvil). I would gladly pay $11 for the daily tee made by AA !

Having both anvil and AA seems like a win-win thing.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

lonelypond

quality posts: 451 Private Messages lonelypond
LarryLars wrote:

But we haven't been offered that option yet.

There's no guarantee the poll is a lead in to woot offering a "you get a choice" option. Just an inquiry into "would you kick in more money for Option AA".

The hike to $12 is what slowed my shirt buying, followed by the emotional, angry mess that miscommunication, assumptions and woot business decisions created in the forums.

Not raising prices nearly always works for me. Choice would be great for those who want it. But we haven't seen the 'do you want a choice' poll yet ; )

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Yes Yes YES! The "all designs" category beckons to my wallet, and several on the reckoning, but I can't pull the trigger without AA tees. I've had to pull back my shirt woot purchases to the occasional hoodie, tote and long sleeve.

Would love to give you my money.

countmystars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages countmystars

I would buy more shirts if they were available on American Apparel Women's [NOT Unisex] fit.

JenDupre

Please do it quickly so I can get Winter Has Come! It will go out of print after reckoning and I will be sad.

conhopper

quality posts: 20 Private Messages conhopper

I probably would. It's literally the only reason I haven't bought a shirt from Woot since 2011 (seriously. I haven't gotten one Anvil shirt).

derp

thumperchick

quality posts: 249 Private Messages thumperchick
JenDupre wrote:Please do it quickly so I can get Winter Has Come! It will go out of print after reckoning and I will be sad.

Have you not seen the Catalog? If not, it's where woot sells almost every shirt ever printed. After a shirt leaves the "Top 20" (That's the new name for the Reckoning) it goes to the catalog and can be ordered for "print on demand" for $18.
(You apparently HAVE seen it, and the issue must be that because of the GITD ink, it may not be able to print on demand... sorry.)

JenDupre

Yep, speciality inks are SOL. 8-(

thumperchick wrote:Have you not seen the Catalog? If not, it's where woot sells almost every shirt ever printed. After a shirt leaves the "Top 20" (That's the new name for the Reckoning) it goes to the catalog and can be ordered for "print on demand" for $18.
(You apparently HAVE seen it, and the issue must be that because of the GITD ink, it may not be able to print on demand... sorry.)

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
LarryLars wrote:Woot, I like to see a roll back to $10 for the daily tee because you upped the price and then went to cheaper (for you) tees (anvil). I would gladly pay $11 for the daily tee made by AA !

The whole point of going to Anvil was supposed to be a cost-cutting measure and avoiding supply issues (complete failure for the latter reason) so having both suppliers probably increases costs more than sticking with just one of them, regardless of which supplier (because the volume ordered from each supplier decreases).

I do agree with your post that it would be nice if they could have $10 anvil and $11 or $12 AA shirts, though. Keeps the customers happiest, but the Woot accountants probably don't like it.

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin

Absolutely yes, they fit better, feel comfier, & last longer.

dameonsilverleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dameonsilverleaf

Have just recently got back into buying woot shirts after alot of weight loss, and was very disappointed by the quality of the new shirts.

Bring back American Apparel.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

I've never participated in these polls and I don't even know how to do it (is the polling already over?) but the answer is:

YES YES YES! I've just been waiting for you to ask.

thatrobert

Parenthetically, did Woot really switch to Anvil to save just a dollar? I was guessing it was at least a couple dollars since the quality difference is so radical.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
thatrobert wrote:Parenthetically, did Woot really switch to Anvil to save just a dollar? I was guessing it was at least a couple dollars since the quality difference is so radical.

It's at least a couple, but given the amount of backlash when they increased the debut day price to $12, passing on more than a buck may not be feasible. In any case, even if they ultimately change back, it will still be a while before sales and participation recovers ... if ever. Combined with other changes here at Woot, folks have moved on and they might not be coming back.

thatrobert

Narfcake wrote:It's at least a couple, but given the amount of backlash when they increased the debut day price to $12, passing on more than a buck may not be feasible. In any case, even if they ultimately change back, it will still be a while before sales and participation recovers ... if ever. Combined with other changes here at Woot, folks have moved on and they might not be coming back.

I thought so. The fact that it's only a $1 makes me think this poll is a lark (like all the other polls) and, regardless of reception, Woot isn't interested in managing two sets of blank inventories.

I agree that participation would not automatically recover just because AA blanks are back. But I know I'd start buying and derbying again so there's probably a couple other folks like me waiting for something decent to wear.

Narfcake

thatrobert wrote:I thought so. The fact that it's only a $1 makes me think this poll is a lark (like all the other polls) and, regardless of reception, Woot isn't interested in managing two sets of blank inventories.

I won't say the poll was for naught, but I'm certainly not anticipating them reverting back if it's all about the numbers. Inventory management has NOT been a strong point, so doubling the stock, I don't see it working out either.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Been away from the interwebz for a few days, didn't see this poll until after it closed.

I don't buy AA at all if I can help it. I would not pay more, or ever, if they came back to woot.

I would be among those who would hope that Anvil and AA somehow could find a way to both stay at woot, to offer a fit which suits multiple t-shirt wearer types. I love the way Anvils fit. I haven't had any problems with washing and shrinking. *shrug*

AA, I don't like the fit, the neckline is tighter around my neck--dislike, they crawl up my midsection and have to be constantly pulled back down into place--dislike, the womens' sizing is super tiny but I guess they would work better for people smaller than me and I'm not very big myself, the fabric is thinner, the company, ugh, I don't like the company at all.

Narfcake

safyrejet wrote:... the fabric is thinner ...

This comment, I never really figured out, as it's been commented as such for both brands. The specs suggest the Anvil fabric is thicker (4.5 oz vs. 4.3 oz.), but I certainly have not felt the weight/thickness difference between these two. The softness, I can tell too.

I do feel the difference with other brands, though - Canvas 3001 and 3001u (4.2 oz.), M&O 4800 (4.2 oz.) and Next Level 3600 (4.3 oz.) all feel thinner, though the 3600 is explainable in that they're a tighter weave with a higher thread count (extra softness); Tultex 0202 and Gildan 64000 (both 4.5 oz.) feel thicker, though both are very noticeably less soft too. Cygnus 7000 is noticeable too; 4.7 oz. and they fuzz more.

There are more manufacturers than that for this class of shirts, but these are the ones in which I have personal experience with, hence why I get picky about which shirt site using what shirt blank.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

About a year ago, during the switch, I received two woot packages in the mail on the same day. I knew from what I had ordered that one would contain an Anvil and the other an AA. I snipped the ends of both bags and stuck my hands inside. I could immediately tell which was which. The AA was softer. Period. Softer pre-wash. Softer post-wash. I keep all my shirts on hangers in my closet. I can walk in without turning on the light and run my hands down the row of shirts and instantly tell by the feel which ones are the VERY FEW Anvils.

Please bring back the softer, nicer shirts.

07/11/14

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

where do i go to vote YES!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
Narfcake wrote:This comment, I never really figured out, as it's been commented as such for both brands.

I feel the same about the comments from people talking about how Anvils fall apart in the wash or shrink...I've had no experience with that. It leaves me wondering why the stark difference...?

But in any case, I'm not enough of a t-shirt connoisseur to notice the difference between the two brands in question as to softness and thinness by mere touch. Actually my gauge for thinness is holding the fabric up to the light. I judge the thickness based on how much light I can see through the fabric. Anvil I can see less light through them than AA. It's not extreme in the difference, not entirely consistent. It seems to vary some by color. But I've had a more than a few AA shirts I've felt compelled to wear camisoles underneath them in order to feel decent while wearing. I've never had that with the Anvils, so regardless of my preferred fit for my body shape, I prefer Anvils. Maybe I'm a bit prudish or modest or whatever, but I don't like wearing clothes which can be seen through unless their purpose is to be worn over something else not see through. I usually chose to wear t-shirts as a solo article of clothing over my bra and I expect to not feel like my bra is still on display. I'm not saying every AA t-shirt has been like that for me, but I've had several that do wear and look that thin.

P.S. I personally don't care much for Gildan. I've only recently obtained a Next Level shirt, haven't worn it much. The other brands you mention I've no personal experience with. Funny how something as simple as a t-shirt can bring up so much division and opinion.

Narfcake

safyrejet wrote:I feel the same about the comments from people talking about how Anvils fall apart in the wash or shrink...I've had no experience with that. It leaves me wondering why the stark difference...?

Difference in machines? The top loading machines with the agitator discs can be really tough on clothing; likewise with older machines which tended to be built much much stronger. Front loaders tend to be the most gentle. Likewise, some detergents are harsher too, and may affect the fabric more on one brand versus another.

I've documented the shrinkage before, so at least for me, it's real. In this past week, of the 5 shirts I bought, this shirt was significantly shorter (by 3") than the other four. It may not matter as much to some folks (or it may matter a lot), and again, different methods and machines may yield different results.

... P.S. I personally don't care much for Gildan. I've only recently obtained a Next Level shirt, haven't worn it much.

Gildan - their SoftStyle lineup isn't all that soft compared to most competing products, but they're among the lowest priced, hence why they're used a lot. I dislike that they start off over an inch shorter and still shrinks a fair amount, though.

Next Level - they're really soft, but I don't feel they'll have the same long term durability. They're very pre-shrunk, however; Nyom Cat has gone through many hot water/high heat cycles (must wash out dog slobber!), and it's just a half inch shorter than spec. Nearly all my other shirts are line dried and they get even longer; most recent I've measured after a couple wears, Mine! is over an inch longer now.

... Funny how something as simple as a t-shirt can bring up so much division and opinion.

There are so many places to buy shirts, all to varying degrees of quality in both the design and the shirts themselves, that I'm surprised there aren't even more folks chiming in one way or another!

gsedlak

so was this Woot trolling the community or could we actually see some changes for the better?

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling

I've stopped buying shirts for myself and my husband since the switch, and I'd start again if I could have the option to get AA. The women's sizes are too big for me now, and I'm not a huge fan of the MS for myself. My husband is thin and tall, and the Anvil are too short, so he doesn't want them anymore either.

I don't really look at the new shirt designs because I know I can't buy them. I've made the occasional exception and regretted it, so now I stick to checking the side sales when I remember.

But I'd feel bad if the people who prefer Anvil were cut out, too, so an option for either would be great if that was possible.

Narfcake

racheling wrote:... But I'd feel bad if the people who prefer Anvil were cut out, too, so an option for either would be great if that was possible.

This would probably be the best solution for the consumers, and maybe the reason why this poll was created.

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling
Narfcake wrote:This would probably be the best solution for the consumers, and maybe the reason why this poll was created.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

I would definitely pay $3 more for designs on AA triblends.

lastroses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastroses

A wholehearted YES.

zellhaufen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zellhaufen

I didn't buy any Shirts after I received my first Anvil. But I'd pay that extra dollar. So yes.

thatrobert

bluchez wrote:I would definitely pay $3 more for designs on AA triblends.

Ooh, AA triblends. That would really nice.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

add another dollar. Open up the woots from the past over a year to them.

There are soooo many t-shirts I would buy on AA

Advertise to the people who haven't blocked you over the switch - see how much more cold hard cash heads your way.

YOU FOLKS DID IT WRONG, you flipped your middle finger at us and said suck it when it came to the switch.

FIX IT! PLEASE!

I love the shirts that come up, but the Anvil's are horribly bad! Leave the choice for people wanting either blank. Hell - make a better profit off of AA - I don't care.

Just let me buy shirts!

gsedlak

bring it back!