WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

​Live! From Shirt.Woot studios. It's:
THE 300TH SHIRT.WOOT DERBY!

That's right, folks, we've reached that ultimate milestone in online shirt competition: 300 derbies! We're pulling out all the stops for this one (what, you didn't notice all those previous stops?) so prepare for an all-out gala of designs and prizes.

First off, let's talk theme: "What Makes Me Different." Are you the only zombie who prefers grains to brains? The only turtle without a shell? Do you have your own style, voice, or point of view that you want to share with the world? All shirts say something about the wearer, so tell us what your shirt says about you. A funny scene, a striking style, a clever play on words. If it's about originality and being a bit different, we want to see it!

And how about the fabulous prizes we're rolling out for this once-in-a-while event? What's behind that velvet curtain? 

First Place - $1000 + Wacom Cintiq 22HD
Second Place - $1000 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX
Third Place - $1000 + Wacom Intuos5 Medium Tablet
Fourth through seventh - $1000 + Wacom Bamboo Capture

"Fourth through Seventh place??" You say. "Yes!" We say. We're printing the top seven vote-getters in a row instead of just our usual three. Because, you know, 300 divided by 7 is 42.85, which is…oh forget it. MORE SHIRTS!

Sounds like we're being played off the stage. We'd just like to thank our mothers, our fabulous artists, and our peerless audience. You are, truly, what makes us different. Thank you! Goodnight!

No Cranberry, Lemon, Kelly, Olive, Asphalt, or White tees this week.

Quality Posts

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm jealous. I want that Cintiq 22HD. You lucky dogs.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Cool, I'm not fond of yet another "one of these things is not like the other" derbies and the flood of "Imposter" clones that comes from it, but I think it's great that you are printing 7 and giving away Wacoms to celebrate. :-D

Happy 300'th derby Shirt.Woot!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Oh man, I really, really need a Wacom Cintiq 22HD!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

awesome!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

No other rules?
Wide open?
Slap up anything as long as it can be justified as on theme.....by a big stretch.

move along

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

Congrats to the 300th Derbies! The prizes is awesome. Can we use glow in the dark ink this week?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
j5 wrote:No other rules?
Wide open?
Slap up anything as long as it can be justified as on theme.....by a big stretch.

darth fruity is "different" from the other sith lords, you know.

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc

GITD Ink allowed?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

FlyingMouse365 wrote:Congrats to the 300th Derbies! The prizes is awesome. Can we use glow in the dark ink this week?

No glow ink this week. We're putting it back in the mysterious, radioactive barrel it came from for a while.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

"No Cranberry, Lemon, Kelly, Olive, Asphalt, or White tees this week."

Interesting.

And thanks for the prizes and stuff.

Nothing follows.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

O_____________________________O

j5

no1 wrote:darth fruity is "different" from the other sith lords, you know.

The Darther the Fruity, the sweeter the juice.

move along

geekincarnadine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine

Wow, that's some hefty prizin'. Happy 300th derby, Woot!

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
tgentry wrote:No glow ink this week. We're putting it back in the mysterious, radioactive barrel it came from for a while.

;)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Wow.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

7 freaking Winners? Love you Woot, more than I love my favorite socks!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Wow! It will be epic! Thanks wot for the amazing derby and congratulations!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit

!!!
Nice guys-

This is crazy. I was JUST last week trying to convince my wife I REALLY needed a tablet... My drawing, scanning, coloring process is pretty tedious...
/getstowork

j5

oakenspirit wrote:!!!
Nice guys-

This is crazy. I was JUST last week trying to convince my wife I REALLY needed a tablet... My drawing, scanning, coloring process is pretty tedious...
/getstowork

On the off chance you don't win this derby, you maybe should consider one of these monoprice babies
Many folks swear by them.

move along

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

Really exciting derby. Lots of color limitations with shirts, but otherwise, inspiring (both in theme and prizes to work toward)

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn

Oh my goodness.
It's been years since I've submitted anything, but I'm really excited about the theme.

Think you'll see something from me this time! I got busy with working in video games, but will set aside some time for an entry :D

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady

Will the 4-7 winners be editors' pick oooooorrr regular votes form the mob?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Woooo wide open theme and the chance to really use the whole nine shirt fog for once? That's awesome.

Now I just have to stop my procrastinating, that I do so well, and finish some thing.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit
j5 wrote:On the off chance you don't win this derby, you maybe should consider one of these monoprice babies

Heh- off chance...

;) I'm gonna get smoked but I'll have fun trying...

Thanks for the link... I will add that one to my list of options...

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
j5 wrote:On the off chance you don't win this derby, you maybe should consider one of these monoprice babies

Seriously. The $50 monoprice tablet is the best investment you can possibly make.

j5

My shirt is going to say "I love pop culture riffs that are nowhere close to being on theme, and that makes me different..oh wait, no it doesn't"

move along

ste7enl

tjschaeffer wrote:Seriously. The $50 monoprice tablet is the best investment you can possibly make.

Haha, oh internet and your superfluous hyperbole (see what I did there?), surely there are better ways to invest $50 in this life. :P

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Sweet prizes Now if only my design skills were better...

looking forward to some awesome shirts!

no1

just out of curiosity, how often do these folks get printed?

j5

no1 wrote:just out of curiosity, how often do these folks get printed?

Ask OdRoc.

move along

bluetuba

j5 wrote:My shirt is going to say "I love pop culture riffs that are nowhere close to being on theme, and that makes me different..oh wait, no it doesn't"

Yup, it's going to be especially pandery this week with so many big prizes on the line and a well worn wide open theme. I guess we can hope some smart, good stuff comes from it.

Too bad the artists didn't have an extra week on this one too!

bluetuba

Oh and about the GiTD stuff, it was never a normal option and probably never will be. So you CAN'T use it unless the derby specifically mentions you can.

It's not like text or pop culture where it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG if it's not prohibited in the derby writeup.

no1

j5 wrote:Ask OdRoc.

yeah, i can see where the tablet has opened up his drawering horizons!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
The write-up author should have wrote:Are you the only derby artist who doesn't draw cats?

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
bluetuba wrote:Yup, it's going to be especially pandery this week with so many big prizes on the line and a well worn wide open theme. I guess we can hope some smart, good stuff comes from it.

Too bad the artists didn't have an extra week on this one too!

I might name my entry "pandery" now.

Nothing follows.

ste7enl

No pop culture from me this week!

Title: Break Free (Megamorphosis)

This is about the second metamorphosis, or the megamorphosis as I call it. Where after we go from child to adult, or caterpillar to butterfly, we then become part of society, and it can erase some of our identity. This is about that one butterfly that went his or her own way.

note: work in progress

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
wirdou wrote:O_____________________________O

My thoughts exactly. I really do need a new tablet though. With mine I have to shake the pen and tap it randomly every five minutes. I do appreciate that it's kinda simulating a real, old-fashioned ink pen buuuut...

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
tgentry wrote:No glow ink this week. We're putting it back in the mysterious, radioactive barrel it came from for a while.

But I'll totally can still see the barrel, because...well, the whole glowing thing.

All in all, this sounds like a pretty awesome way to celebrate the 300th derby.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
tgentry wrote:I'm jealous. I want that Cintiq 22HD. You lucky dogs.

What would it take for us to be able to see new tgentry designs? I think it would be awesome if you could throw in on derbies again. I can understand you being exempt from Honorable Mention and Editor's Choices, but couldn't you still enter for a place earned on votes?

As for the 300th Derby, congratulations on reaching this milestone and making my head spin. Hopefully this one will help break a creative dry spell.