quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Cargo pants/shorts?
  • 48.5% - Useful! 681
  • 16.5% - Stop wearing them! It’s not 1999! 231
  • 34.5% - I don’t care, frankly. 484
  • 0.6% - I have another opinion I’ll stuff in the comments. 8
1404 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

If loving extra storage space is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

It frustrates me to no end that so many fancy pants (not people, actual clothing) have faux pockets. I try to tuck my wallet into some slacks only to have it fall to the floor.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

I fish a lot and that is all I wear when I am out on the boat.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

Well I really like AA cargo ... wait I was on auto write.

I voted stop wearing them, but they are useful. I have one pair of cargo shorts, no pants.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Shorts. Not a fan of the pants pants, though I suppose if one is useful the other is too. Being a father of a small army, I tend to be the designated holder of things. MOAR POCKETS

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92

I work IT and I am often carrying around multiple small items so I wear them to work (strangely they fit the dress code.)They are decidedly un-cool but then so is most everything people wear to office jobs and hey, it beats a Man-purse.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick

Greatest maternity pants ever!!! The light weight doesn't drag them down your butt!! Love them... but still maternity pants so the love is relative.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I wear shorts 10 1/2 months of the year. Cargo shorts only issue is that they won't let me play golf in them. Gotta be golf or Bermuda shorts.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

There are other kinds of shorts besides cargo?

Boggle.

move along

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
j5 wrote:There are other kinds of shorts besides cargo?

Boggle.

Ha!

Your avatar looks like he's permanently boggled:

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender
lonelypond wrote:POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!! So very good for a dog walker like me; plenty of room for bags, paper towels, treats, a couple toys... Everything I need for a fun, happy walk a pooch pal! =D

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Another useful item ruined by yuppie dbags trying to be "trendy." Much like the majority of work boots sold have never seen actual work, 99% of the cargo pockets in the U.S. have been empty for the entire life of the garment.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

The last thing I want is pockets down to my knees. Especially if they are full of stuff and keep banging you in the knees or legs when you walk.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Cargo pants: Yes
Cargo shorts: Hell no!

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

Don't care if they are outdated and uncool. I love them. Especially the ones that turn into shorts by unzippering the legs.

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284
olperfesser wrote:I wear shorts 10 1/2 months of the year. Cargo shorts only issue is that they won't let me play golf in them. Gotta be golf or Bermuda shorts.

I hate those snooty course rules. I can see banning cut off but cargo shorts .... akkk

johnniemonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnniemonkey

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what they are. I thought maybe they were those knee-length shorts people wear, but those wouldn't be "pants".

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
johnniemonkey wrote:Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what they are. I thought maybe they were those knee-length shorts people wear, but those wouldn't be "pants".

Let me Google that for you.

vanilla92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanilla92

Shorts yes..... Pants never

johnniemonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnniemonkey
cdrewlow wrote:Let me Google that for you.

Tried that, actually. Did you look at the results? Short pants, long pants, pants with lots of pockets, pants with a couple of pockets, loose pants, tight pants, baggy pants, capri pants, khakis, leggings...

Judging by Google, cargo pants are "anything not denim".

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

the pockets on cargo pants/shorts remind me of the saddlebags on a horse.

uncleguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncleguy

I'm an adult. Don't you have anything OTHER THAN freakin' T-shirts? I haven't worn a T-shirt since I was in puberty. Get with the Plan, Woot! Baby Boomers Unite!!!

"The older a man gets, the more clearly he remembers things... that never really happened."

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

uncleguy wrote:I'm an adult. Don't you have anything OTHER THAN freakin' T-shirts? I haven't worn a T-shirt since I was in puberty. Get with the Plan, Woot! Baby Boomers Unite!!!

Well, now. Though shirt.woot is in the business of selling shirts, it does indeed have things other than "freakin' T-shirts." Through its side sales, shirt.woot also offers hoodies, long-sleeved shirts, tote bags, cooking/grilling aprons, tank tops, greeting cards, etc. Each side sale, changing weekly, is different. Do keep an eye on them to see if anything may happen along to meet your approval.

Please, though, in the interim: do inform us as to what you believe shirt.woot should be selling for your singularly specific Baby Boomer needs! Tell us about this Plan with which woot should be getting! Shirt.woot welcomes any and all customers' suggestions--one never knows what may come of it!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
uncleguy wrote:I'm an adult. Don't you have anything OTHER THAN freakin' T-shirts? I haven't worn a T-shirt since I was in puberty. Get with the Plan, Woot! Baby Boomers Unite!!!

Hey, can we help this old timer find a cool suspender-a-day website or something?