WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mother's Day

Could you imagine where we'd be if we didn't have our moms to worry about? Oh, wait. That's right. WE'D BE NOWHERE! Because our moms are the reason we're here. Another thing about moms: they're awesome! And what better way to thank them for their awesomeness than by getting them a cool tee, hoodie, tank top, or tote.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

After All This Time Tri-Blend Tank is missing it's Tank Top icon on the main page...

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

I'm too fat for the tank tops. I have a sad. And a cupcake, which is probably adding to the problem.

WanderingStar023

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingStar023

... can anyone comment on how these tanks fit?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

arryielle wrote:After All This Time Tri-Blend Tank is missing it's Tank Top icon on the main page...

Thanks. I'll let @tgentry know so he can fix it in the morning.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
thumperchick wrote:I'm too fat for the tank tops. I have a sad. And a cupcake, which is probably adding to the problem.

Even at my thinnest adult weight, which was not overweight at all, I was "too fat" for the tanks. The average American woman wears size 14 (Hi, you can call me average, though I'm taller than average). The sizing on these excludes average and slightly less than average, not to mention anybody above average. This cuts out a lot of the potential customer base!

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

By the product spec, the tanks appear to be AA TR308, but the measurements seem to be different. Some clarification will probably be a good idea.

smoberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smoberg

NEED Kitchen Warfare in an apron! Been waiting months for it to come back.

So close, yet so far.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
smoberg wrote:NEED Kitchen Warfare in an apron! Been waiting months for it to come back.

So close, yet so far.

Or "Domesticity Is Futile" would be great as an apron, too! I got a "The Spice Must Flow" (Dune-inspired) apron from ThinkGeek last Mother's Day, and it's so cute - totally appropriate for a "geekmom"!
I share the wish of other commenters for larger sizes on the T-shirts (2X for me, unfortunately), and more of these great designs as totebags. (I could use them as craft totes or reusable shopping bags when I'm not carrying them at gaming conventions!)

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt
smoberg wrote:NEED Kitchen Warfare in an apron! Been waiting months for it to come back.

So close, yet so far.

Agreed. Would have snatched it up. Also, Pat Pat Pat.

erricat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erricat

Some of us are taller and are not flat chested and therefore need an extra large tank top. Does that mean we shouldn't wear tank tops? I think not.

I get the impression that Woot! is trying to prevent anyone that would require a tank top in a size larger than large from wearing tank tops. Maybe we should band together to protest by not buying anything from Woot! until they wise up? I admit it will be difficult, however.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
erricat wrote:I get the impression that Woot! is trying to prevent anyone that would require a tank top in a size larger than large from wearing tank tops. Maybe we should band together to protest by not buying anything from Woot! until they wise up? I admit it will be difficult, however.

I think you're giving woot far too much nefarious credit. They like money. They don't care who's fat or thin, short or tall. They chose a product that would hold a print well and that product has limitations. I would very much like to see larger sizes, but woot isn't trying to keep me from wearing tank tops.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

thumperchick wrote:I think you're giving woot far too much nefarious credit. They like money. They don't care who's fat or thin, short or tall. They chose a product that would hold a print well and that product has limitations. I would very much like to see larger sizes, but woot isn't trying to keep me from wearing tank tops.

it's true. i can assure you there aren't any insidious intentions. but i do apologize that the tanks wouldn't be a good fit. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

Just another voice chiming in. You'd have sold both the Books and the Always tanks to me if they'd come in my size. I'm super disappointed to miss out.

ksassy71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksassy71

I was glad when woot switched the daily shirts to sizes that actually fit so I could wear women's shirts again. (I'm right between a WL and WXL and usually order XL so I can just dry the shirts!), but now here's a whole side sale devoted to my gender where I can't order a ton of the stuff! And, I don't even have the option to get the larger, albeit less flattering male size! I see by the previous comments I am not alone! Boo!!

sarcasticsoap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sarcasticsoap

I'm a sucker for most of these designs, but the women's tank-top sizes are unrealistic. The Large tank-top is barely the size of Medium women's t-shirt.
I'm not sure if Woot posts the information, but I'd love to see the stats on women's shirt sizes ordered for regular tshirts. Perhaps the Woot ladies' demographic is much smaller than I think.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Conversely, I thank you, woot, for stocking a top--albeit very briefly--that I can actually purchase to wear, since all your other ladies' tees no longer fit me. Naked Cupcake tank shall soon be mine, huzzah! (Please, please, pleeeeeezzzzz--keep offering these tanks throughout the summer! I freakin' love them!) (Oh, and feel free to ask me if you want any suggestions as to what to put on them. I won't mind.)

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
ibexscribe wrote:Even at my thinnest adult weight, which was not overweight at all, I was "too fat" for the tanks. The average American woman wears size 14.

This offering looks even sillier when you consider that Woot is theoretically offering it for wooters' moms - most of whom have gained a pound or two while producing and raising offspring!

otomeanoyo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages otomeanoyo
ginawoot wrote:This offering looks even sillier when you consider that Woot is theoretically offering it for wooters' moms - most of whom have gained a pound or two while producing and raising offspring!

They could always use another tote bag! I don't even know how many my mother has!

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Goldenthorn - Can you rule in any on how the tanks fit? By looking at the sizes I'm torn what to get. I'm more of a 34-36 which puts me in the middle.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lily1029 wrote:Goldenthorn - Can you rule in any on how the tanks fit? By looking at the sizes I'm torn what to get. I'm more of a 34-36 which puts me in the middle.

If these are the same AA tanks as I believe them to be, then they run similar to the old woot AA cuts. A thinner fabric, so definitely less forgiving, but also vaguely looser in the waist. And the scoop-neck is definitely scooped low. I'd suggest getting the same size you bought in the old AA shirt sizing, but size up if you like a more drape-y fit (danger of excess underarm fabric, though), and size down if you like it tighter. They don't shrink at all for me, but I also don't put anything in the dryer if I can help it. These google image photos are excellent examples of fit and cut. I believe that those photos that look tight in the chest but loose-ish in the waist are accurate as to how the L fits me, and I am a solid WM/L in the AA t-shirts (if it helps, I'm a 34C--38in. at my fullest). Of course, all this runs on the assumption that they are the same blanks as what I already own. If you give me a couple days, I may be able to wrangle up a pic or two. No promises, though--my basement flooded this past weekend and all my summer clothing lies in various stages of drying/disinfecting/cleaning.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

How about those V neck Tees woot was printing on a bit back? I never ordered one, were they just made odd?

irej24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irej24

I am a little confused on the tank top sizing too. It's described in a completely different way than the t-shirts. I normally order a men's medium because I really don't like the cut of most women's shirts. (need the extra sleeve width and shirt length) I would get a large or XL if I was ordering a women's shirt, so I guess I might be ok with a large tank?

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

As a huge fan of the "Nocturnowl" shirt, or "Hootie shirt" as I call it...I'd love if woot could show us pics of how the tanks look like on someone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I got a bit of info on the tanks: "they are fitted, and drape close to the body."

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
sarcasticsoap wrote:I'm a sucker for most of these designs, but the women's tank-top sizes are unrealistic. The Large tank-top is barely the size of Medium women's t-shirt.
I'm not sure if Woot posts the information, but I'd love to see the stats on women's shirt sizes ordered for regular tshirts. Perhaps the Woot ladies' demographic is much smaller than I think.

Well, as someone who was sized out of Tshirts when they switched to Anvil, I'm excited to see shirts in my size. And since the current "medium" Tshirt is the size of the old extra-large, that's not exactly a huge leap in sizing.

XRMaxwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XRMaxwell

I've also got a sizing question about the tank tops, though admittedly my problem is the opposite of most of those chiming in here. My body size is on the small side of small, and I often have to avoid tank tops because the collars plunge down around my solar plexus. >.>

I'm not even sure what exactly I'm asking for here - is there a "collar depth" measurement? Whatever it is, it'd be nice to know - the Fresh Cake Tank looks good, but I'd rather not have life imitate art, here. ;)

sarcasticsoap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sarcasticsoap
sarahat wrote: And since the current "medium" Tshirt is the size of the old extra-large, that's not exactly a huge leap in sizing.

Firstly, I'm glad that at least you get the benefit from the smaller sizes. I'm jealous. I have friends who routinely order a child's large because an adult small is too big.

It's a huge leap when you're on the opposite edge of the sizing curve. The tanktops being offered are sized more like I'd find in the Juniors/Teenagers department, rather than Women. Even the bust size doesn't allow for much variation, regardless of how big a person is.

If Woot's women population is skewed towards the smaller sizes, than this move would make sense. But these certainly aren't fitting any Mothers, recent or seasoned, that I know.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya

Any chance someone has a link to a prior discussion on how the lightweight hoodies fit? I'm tempted to get the Four Little Ponies, but that's a nice little chunk to drop on a hoodie. Going by the size measurements even, I'm not sure which size to get; if I measure my chest from armpit to armpit, I'd be in an xl, but if I measure completely around and divide that number in half, I'm between a M and L. Doesn't help that I need to lose about 10 lbs (or 15, maybe) around the middle, so I'm worried that if I choose a L, it might be too tight there. If I need to go by the measurements that put me in the XL range, it seems like it's going to be really, really long on me. Can anyone help me out?

julietbean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages julietbean

Hi! I'm also here to complain about the confusing and mediocre sizing for the tanks.

But another sizing question: What is the length of these? I am pretty tall, and not into wearing belly shirts (that was the 90s).

I want to buy three of the tank tops and wish Woot offered more tanks — but in better, clearer sizes. Humph.

julietbean

meandsecoya wrote:Any chance someone has a link to a prior discussion on how the lightweight hoodies fit? I'm tempted to get the Four Little Ponies, but that's a nice little chunk to drop on a hoodie. Going by the size measurements even, I'm not sure which size to get; if I measure my chest from armpit to armpit, I'd be in an xl, but if I measure completely around and divide that number in half, I'm between a M and L. Doesn't help that I need to lose about 10 lbs (or 15, maybe) around the middle, so I'm worried that if I choose a L, it might be too tight there. If I need to go by the measurements that put me in the XL range, it seems like it's going to be really, really long on me. Can anyone help me out?

Hey, hey! I am a recent LW buyer and had the same concern. If this helps: The LW hoodies seem to run smaller by a size. Whatever size you would take in the regular Woot hoodie, go up one.

I got a L and an XL LW hoodie. The L is fitted whereas the XL still looks nice, but is a little roomier. And, yes, the XL is VERY long in comparison (almost covers my butt). But I like it! I'm 5'8" and everything is too short for me, it was a nice change.

Hope this helps!

meandsecoya

julietbean wrote:Hey, hey! I am a recent LW buyer and had the same concern. If this helps: The LW hoodies seem to run smaller by a size. Whatever size you would take in the regular Woot hoodie, go up one.

I got a L and an XL LW hoodie. The L is fitted whereas the XL still looks nice, but is a little roomier. And, yes, the XL is VERY long in comparison (almost covers my butt). But I like it! I'm 5'8" and everything is too short for me, it was a nice change.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response! I haven't ordered the regular hoodies so I'm not sure what I'd need with those, either. However, maybe you could help in another way by telling me what shirt size you normally get (if you don't mind)? In the 'new' blanks, a WL fits me well, albeit slightly loose. In the old AA blanks, a WXL is a nice, slightly snug fit and a MM is just about perfect. Based on your response, I'm leaning toward getting a L since at 5'6", I think the XL will be way too long, I just don't want to waste my money if a large is going to be too tight.

Sorry if I sound overly indecisive. I'll blame it on being tired or something.

julietbean

meandsecoya wrote:Thank you for the response! I haven't ordered the regular hoodies so I'm not sure what I'd need with those, either. However, maybe you could help in another way by telling me what shirt size you normally get (if you don't mind)? In the 'new' blanks, a WL fits me well, albeit slightly loose. In the old AA blanks, a WXL is a nice, slightly snug fit and a MM is just about perfect. Based on your response, I'm leaning toward getting a L since at 5'6", I think the XL will be way too long, I just don't want to waste my money if a large is going to be too tight.

Sorry if I sound overly indecisive. I'll blame it on being tired or something.

Not at all! I'm the same way before deciding what to order. You just want it to fit.

I currently wear a women's L in Woot tshirts. The L is a loose fit. I think I'd go with a L LW hoodie for you.

Good luck!

mellowknees

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mellowknees

Love the tri-blend tank tops, but they are all too small.

Hey, woot, how about some 1X and 2X sizes in those options? Huh? Huh? Huh? Pretty pretty please????

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
ginawoot wrote:This offering looks even sillier when you consider that Woot is theoretically offering it for wooters' moms - most of whom have gained a pound or two while producing and raising offspring!

EXACTLY!!! I was looking at the tanks thinking I would get one or two - No go!!

There is NO WAY these things would fit me - I think it would have been chancy even pre-children. (but then I would have just worn it skin tight and not cared what anyone thought.)

senseikaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senseikaren
MommaBeary wrote:EXACTLY!!! I was looking at the tanks thinking I would get one or two - No go!!

There is NO WAY these things would fit me - I think it would have been chancy even pre-children. (but then I would have just worn it skin tight and not cared what anyone thought.)

8-10 isn't even a real large. Even without considering that 14 is the average and shouldn't be an XL. Really!

I'm very disappointed with the size choices. Add me to the list of moms who will not be buying :o(

christinact

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christinact

I'm very happy to see that women's sizes are available for the tanks. I've sent multiple requests that Woot provide smaller sizes on non-crew neck items, and it's nice to see that they actually have, even if it's just this once. It's too bad that the smallest sweatshirt is a small though. I definitely would have picked up the rosie the retrogamer in a size XS if you guys carried it

meandsecoya

julietbean wrote:Not at all! I'm the same way before deciding what to order. You just want it to fit.

I currently wear a women's L in Woot tshirts. The L is a loose fit. I think I'd go with a L LW hoodie for you.

Good luck!

Large it is, then. Thanks for your help!

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Thanks for your detailed response Goldenthorn. I think I'm going to give one a try and see how it goes. Bummer on your basement though! Best wishes on gettings things back to normal!!

halfjapanesegirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages halfjapanesegirl

Yay! Just scored the "I Love Books" tank! So glad there's an option other than the Anvil Tees, even the small looks like a sack on me - they are just shaped all wrong for me. I miss the AA shirts, as I will not buy Anvil since they fit me so poorly (the last shirt I bought was ASCII Night, and it did not fit - Woot replaced the medium with a small, which was still too large/ill fitting, and the design was even printed on both of the shirts crooked), but at least we got AA tanks! I'm sorry they don't have sizes that fit everyone, but I am glad that I can actually buy and WEAR something with this great design on it! To reiterate... YAY!