2%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

How do you get certified for this? Is it like a three week course you can do by correspondence?

dfunk29

quality posts: 54 Private Messages dfunk29

If I only knew how to spell the word I need to look up!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

I'm a believer!!

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

You rang?

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
dfunk29 wrote:If I only knew how to spell the word I need to look up!

Soteriology is the study of religious doctrines of salvation.

lonelypond

quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond

Have you been saved from salvation? Is this the correct conclusion after looking things up? And thanks, woot + boots, I always enjoy a chance to break out my computer's lexicon.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I was thinking of that rabbit from that one disney movie reading a book.

that was fun while it lasted!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I had to look that up. Uhm, I'm happily and permanently stuck with Saving Grace and Salvation thank you very much. Why would anyone even ask that? I must be missing something.

erikdhille

quality posts: 2 Private Messages erikdhille
lonelypond wrote:Have you been saved from salvation?

Saved from Jesus?

Erik

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

look who the first sucker of this shirt is!

that was fun while it lasted!

idiotness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idiotness
bpr2 wrote:look who the first sucker of this shirt is!

So much win with this shirt. Even the stats are hilarious

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
thumperchick wrote:You rang?

madthewooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madthewooter

As someone who is fully aware of the meanings of both of these words, I'm stymied by their combination. And, please, don't misunderstand me. I do believe that this is a fantastic shirt, and it was in my cart before my brain kicked in and raised the red flag! If someone could provide me with either a coherent meaning for the phrase, "soteriologically extricated" or a reason why it shouldn't make sense, then the only limitation on my buying this shirt will be the speed at which I can move my mouse.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
zekecatz wrote:Soteriology is the study of religious doctrines of salvation.

I'm not certain if it's asking if i've been extricated by it or from it.

pheelineerie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pheelineerie

I've been gleefully trolling prescriptivists since 1984. Where's my shirt at?

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

This is just another perfect shirt on a perfect morning that is perfectly unfit for me. Guess I will save my money for zombie ninja pirates, or maybe for half of a movie ticket.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

excellent!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Amazing! Congrats Jamie!

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92
safyrejet wrote:I had to look that up. Uhm, I'm happily and permanently stuck with Saving Grace and Salvation thank you very much. Why would anyone even ask that? I must be missing something.

I could be wrong but the vibe I get is that it's for atheists who want to feel smart by having big words on their shirt.

davidwot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidwot

You mean there are people here that had to look up the meaning of the words? Hmmmmm . . . . What ephemeromorphs, and utter fibrochondrosteal-heads you are! This is a call for us to haussmannize our vocabulary, is it not?

But for those ethnomethodologists here, I offer my sincerest blandiloquence

Allow me to oraelabte on some possible meanings from the shirt graphic: Could it be the individual was freed from a Caesaropapism that practiced Cephalonomancy?

Or, a person escaping an Iatromathematician?

Well, enough said here. I should stop before I am caught being a complete hypercatalectic.

(PS: I can't believe these terms were singled out by the vermiculate line of vermillion constitution!!)

Seriously - This reminds me of the dictionary game - where the players choose a word and offer the actual or a fabricated meaning to the group to have members vote yes/no on the definition's authenticity (Oops, there I go again - almost, Ha)

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

how pretentious

midmigurl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages midmigurl

What I wanna know...is how many dictionaries were put to good use this morning when this shirt popped up? And were they in book form or webpage form?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I ascertain that this sark delineation was conceived with the alleviation of an onomasticon.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

What a perfectly cromulent shirt.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
madthewooter wrote:As someone who is fully aware of the meanings of both of these words, I'm stymied by their combination. And, please, don't misunderstand me. I do believe that this is a fantastic shirt, and it was in my cart before my brain kicked in and raised the red flag! If someone could provide me with either a coherent meaning for the phrase, "soteriologically extricated" or a reason why it shouldn't make sense, then the only limitation on my buying this shirt will be the speed at which I can move my mouse.

I think it means whatever you'd like it to mean, but if I were to guess, I'd say it means "freed by salvation theory"
For now, I will wait for Squared-Boots to chime in with her intent.

Also, awesome shirt SquaredBoots!

idz21 wrote:Wooters be aware that the $5 all u can ship is gone. You will now have to pay $5 for every order (not item, but order). There is a new cart feature which allows u to order multiple items at the same time for $5 per order. BUT just because you add an item to your cart doesn't mean you have it reserved so you can't just wait until end of day to submit your order.

Link to main thread about this -> http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5411101

Shirts are different. Free shipping (unless outside of the US or expedited)

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats, Jamie! I'm not sure what the word "dictionary" means. If only there was some sort of book that had the meanings of every word...

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21
j5 wrote:Shirts are different. Free shipping (unless outside of the US or expedited)

Ah gotcha. Thanks for pointing that out

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder

Only certain systematic treatments of soteriological sundries sustain eschatological scrutiny!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Hey there, Dictionary Thumper design! I'm surprised to see you today! I'm so excited that you made it onto a shirt! Are you ready to tell a funny joke by replacing the phrase "have you been saved" with big words? I think that'd be funny. Oh man, this is going to be great! What? People might take it the wrong way? Oh, Dictionary Thumper, you're so silly...

j5 wrote:I think it means whatever you'd like it to mean, but if I were to guess, I'd say it means "freed by salvation theory"
For now, I will wait for Square-Boots to chime in with her intent

That's what I intended. I meant it as "extricated in a soteriological manner" or "freed through salvation (or the theology of)," not from salvation. Really, it's just a fancy way to say "Have you been saved?" I like that people can interpret it in different ways, though. It seems like art is mostly defined by interpretation rather than intent, anyway, so... huzzah!

battra92 wrote:I could be wrong but the vibe I get is that it's for atheists who want to feel smart by having big words on their shirt.

This shirt is accepting of everyone. "Come wear me, come wear me!" it beckons, "I might judge you on your vocabulary and sense of humor, but never your belief system!"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
odysseyroc wrote:Congrats, Jamie! I'm not sure what the word "dictionary" means. If only there was some sort of book that had the meanings of every word...

Hahaha.

----------------
And by the way, I should mention that I love the shirt write up. It's hilariously awesome. Nice job, today's Woot Writer!

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
ueberRegenbogen wrote:I'm not certain if it's asking if i've been extricated by it or from it.

That has been left as an exercise for the reader.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Is there a Grammar Book Thumper tee?

And the prophet said, "FOR WHOM!!!"

pantechnist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantechnist

freed from the doctrine of Christ!?! This is so wrong!

pflieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflieger
pantechnist wrote:freed from the doctrine of Christ!?! This is so wrong!

Nope. Christology is the doctrine of Christ.

Soteriology is the doctrine of salvation. Therefore the phase may be interpreted as freed by the doctrine of salvation.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

False logophiles!

TheUrban Dictionary paves the path for our true future.

(CONGRATS BOOTS!)

weenis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenis

5-Point Calvinist in for 1.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
CowboyDann wrote:

At least I made someone giggle.

hauntfox25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hauntfox25

When shirts this awesome are for sale, it makes me want to cry (or scream at the purchasers) because none of the T-shirt sizes fit me correctly since they switched from AA blanks. Here's hoping this comes out as a sweatshirt or a tote.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

I'm offended this is not the abridged version. I was hoping for the Reader's Digest shortcut.
Great shirt, Bootsie!