Microtic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Microtic

I just noticed a huge change that will very much impact my purchases in the future.

I would purchase multiples of shirts and ship them internationally. This would cost $5 for the shipping for 3 shirts.

Just tried to add 3 of the random shirts, as I previously ordered for $24.98 (6.66 * 3 + 5).

With the new cart system I am now charged $5 shipping PER SHIRT even though they are shipped together. Which brings the total to $34.98.

I would understand a 3 shirt for $5 shipping policy which would go to an other $5 if I go over 3, 6 shirts, etc.
(3 shirts for $5 shipping
4 shirts for $10 shipping
6 shirts for $10 shipping
7 shirts for $15 shipping
9 shirts for $15 shipping
etc...)

Sorry, but until this is changed back, I will not be making another purchase.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Wow...I simulated buying 3 copies of the same shirt and the international shipping is $15 and maybe I'm crazy but at shirt.woot b.C. (before cart) 3 items of the same t-shirt had a 5$ international shipping cost!!! I really hope this is a bug...cause the three t-shirts would come on the same package...so the shipping cost should be $5, not $15. If it's not a bug...this is a major issue for international buyers :S

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Huh. That seems really weird and wrong to me. If you haven't already, please write in to support@woot.com. They should be able to bump the issue up to someone who can fix/explain this. Hells, I'd be pretty damned angry if I had to pay shipping for each individual shirt within the same design order. Hopefully, some official authority will be able to jump on here and clarify what's going on.

Microtic

goldenthorn wrote:Huh. That seems really weird and wrong to me. If you haven't already, please write in to support@woot.com. They should be able to bump the issue up to someone who can fix/explain this. Hells, I'd be pretty damned angry if I had to pay shipping for each individual shirt within the same design order. Hopefully, some official authority will be able to jump on here and clarify what's going on.

Thanks. I e-mailed support. Will post an update once I receive a reply.

Microtic

Got a response today. Good news everyone!

Hi [Microtic],

Thanks for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry about that. It is a bug within our system resulting from the addition of the shopping cart feature. We're working on a solution so that it is taken care of soon.

Tyler
Woot Member Services

20lives

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 20lives
Microtic wrote:Got a response today. Good news everyone!

any news by now??

reminding you WOOT we can't buy anything from you till you fix this hated problem

finnatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnatti

Was going to order a bunch of aprons yesterday, but was being charged $5 EACH (to Canada) for shipping. As I recall, before I would be charged $5 per order. Woot loses my order - I understand if shipping increases by weight, but that's a pretty hefty shipping increase by 'per item'. Is this the new standard? I have not ordered in a while, but will likely not be back if this is not a system glitch.

(Did not matter whether they were the same apron, or different - I tried different combinations - still $5 per item.)

Anyone receive an official response to this yet?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Shipping charge per cart instead of per day was bad enough!

(Shipping Charge strikes Woot-off! with a shopping cart. Critical Hit! Woot-off! is now unconscious!)

but shipping charge per item in the cart? Brutal.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

i had the same issue on my last order (((40 usd for 2 same shirts.I just emailed woot.

lactoholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lactoholic
Microtic wrote:Got a response today. Good news everyone!

Yaay! So it's a bug. This is good. Not great but good. I hope they fix it soon. I want to order at least 2 ninja t-shirts but the extra charge is a major put-off.

Is there an update on this?

Microtic

lactoholic wrote:Yaay! So it's a bug. This is good. Not great but good. I hope they fix it soon. I want to order at least 2 ninja t-shirts but the extra charge is a major put-off.

Is there an update on this?

No update yet... I'll e-mail them again next Monday and ask if they have an eta.

20lives

woot just suck.

sent them email a week ago,
no answer...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

20lives wrote:woot just suck.

sent them email a week ago,
no answer...

Sorry about that. Have you checked your email spam folders? We end up there quite a bit.

Update: CS says the last email they have from your email associated with this account name is back in November. If you are using a different email, be sure to give your woot user name.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

20lives

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry about that. Have you checked your email spam folders? We end up there quite a bit.

Update: CS says the last email they have from your email associated with this account name is back in November. If you are using a different email, be sure to give your woot user name.

ok, but what about it?
when will i be able to order again without you tripling the shipping fees ??

20lives

i got an answer from the support service.

Each shirt will be processed a $5 shipping charge for shipping.

Yes. Well, technically, we wrote it. But yeah, Shirt.Woot is the only Woot site that accepts and fulfills orders to Canada and the other far-flung chunks of the planet listed in this blog post. We can't offer the same options as we offer to our Stateside customers. All orders ship via the local version of SmartPost, FedEx International Mail Service, and we have to charge you $5 for it. FIMS will hand the package off to your local postal service, who will complete the delivery. Unfortunately, this service does not offer a tracking number. Which is too bad. But at least we pass the savings on to you.

this is just crap,
before that i could order the same shirt three times for the same shipping price.

woot lose itself

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
20lives wrote:i got an answer from the support service.

this is just crap,
before that i could order the same shirt three times for the same shipping price.

woot lose itself

Dude, just order what it is you want and ask them to reimburse you.... I've never had a problem with woot's customer service (on shirt.woot) and once they review your order it would only be in their best interest to treat you fairly.

grisca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grisca

I used to love Random Shirt Day.
Now I'll be skipping it, if three of the same cost shipping per item and not shipping per bag.

Especially international customers used to ask for a shopping basket so that they could get more than one shirt per shipping ...

finnatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnatti
grisca wrote:I used to love Random Shirt Day.
Now I'll be skipping it, if three of the same cost shipping per item and not shipping per bag.

Especially international customers used to ask for a shopping basket so that they could get more than one shirt per shipping ...

Agreed. 3 x random tees used to be $5 shipping, now it's $15. $34.98 vs $24.98 for the same order*? No thanks.

* Not to mention, this is just clearing out overstock - I'm not paying $5 per shirt to print to order, just to 'help' clear out their warehouse. Pffft.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

This really bugs me a lot, probably as much as anything woot has done in the last year or two has bugged me. Yes, I did not approve of going away from AA blanks, but that at least had some semblance of sense from a business perspective. There seems to be absolutely no upside to this.

There was only one segment of the woot population asking for a shopping cart, and that was the international shirt buyer. Every other segment of the woot population did not have any need for a cart. I personally argued woot's side on many occasions on why a shopping cart was unlikely, because it only benefited one segment of the population.

The reason this segment wanted a shopping cart was to save on shipping when ordering multiple shirts. Noone else needed a shopping cart, because of the free shirt shipping and "one shipping charge per day" elsewhere.

So, woot finally created a shopping cart under the guise of giving a new feature to the customers. But, in their shopping cart, they not only did not allow for the one benefit from being available, they made it even worse. They now charge shipping on every shirt, even multiples, hurting the international shirt buyer. They now charge shipping on every order in a day, so it hurts the non shirt customers.

I am not one for grandiose claims of boycott or anything of the sort, and this is no exception, but this is a slap in the face of your customers more blatant than previous ones. This should, at the very least, be resolved to remove the new additional shipping charges. This should, in my opinion, be resolved by actually benefiting the customers that asked for the feature.

lactoholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lactoholic
bluchez wrote:So, woot finally created a shopping cart under the guise of giving a new feature to the customers. But, in their shopping cart, they not only did not allow for the one benefit from being available, they made it even worse. They now charge shipping on every shirt, even multiples, hurting the international shirt buyer. They now charge shipping on every order in a day, so it hurts the non shirt customers.

As an international shirt buyer I've so far not bought anything since the cart came in. I'm tempted by stuff but I look at the delivery fee and, well, move on. :/

I honestly don't see the point in this change. There is no plus... at least as far as the customer is concerned. I wonder if woot are seeing increased profits from the changes sufficient to at least cover the seeming losses.

Still, even if they do, feh. The doorway to my wallet is closing, afaic. Eventually I'll just forget about woot and move on with life.

:/

reignoferror00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reignoferror00

If the problem is with the new shopping cart system, could they just not give the customers in Canada and the rest of the non-U.S. world a permanent code to put in the coupon code for the shopping cart system to lower the shipping. If $5 is non longer doable at least something less than $15.

Was looking at the grab bag a little while back for 3 shirts but decided to pass when saw the final shipping charge.
$15 to ship 3 shirts to Canada seems excessive.