WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many tattoos do you have?
  • 14.4% - Just one 181
  • 6.9% - A couple 87
  • 4.4% - 3 or 4 55
  • 4.1% - 4 or 5 52
  • 2.9% - I don’t even know, considering they cover my whole body pretty much. 37
  • 67.3% - None. 849
1261 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

I had 5 on my right arm, then I got a 6th to finish the sleeve. So either 1, or 6. You choose.

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

I'm torn on how to answer this. I either have 2, or 6, depending on how you count. My back piece is made up of 5 symbols - one very large, in the center, and 4 on the outside - kanji. I also have another, unrelated tattoo on my shoulder.

So... 2? Or... 6?

suprmome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprmome
thumperchick wrote:I'm torn on how to answer this. I either have 2, or 6, depending on how you count. My back piece is made up of 5 symbols - one very large, in the center, and 4 on the outside - kanji. I also have another, unrelated tattoo on my shoulder.

So... 2? Or... 6?

And I had 5 on my right arm, then I got a 6th to finish the sleeve. So either 1, or 6. You choose

To you both If you're at all like me you got each of your tats for a reason and Hell Tats rock so claim each one of those painful babies as their own! I'm just saying ;)

He>i, help support Behcets @ www.behcets.com

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick
suprmome wrote:And I had 5 on my right arm, then I got a 6th to finish the sleeve. So either 1, or 6. You choose

To you both If you're at all like me you got each of your tats for a reason and Hell Tats rock so claim each one of those painful babies as their own! I'm just saying ;)

I like the way you think. Both works.

starman27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starman27

None... yet.

circusninja

quality posts: 9 Private Messages circusninja

None, tattoos are not for me. I don't have anything against other people's tattoos, but I know I would get tired of it after a while. They're kinda permanent.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

I have three little dots from where the radiation machine lines up your body during chemo. I like to say they are: Earth as seen from Heaven(obvious), scale model of an atom and a tiny black hole.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick

Currently just one.
#2 Is going to be my son's 5 month footprint with his initial in the middle.
#3 Will be either a footprint (if a boy) or a handprint (if a girl), again with initial. Baby due in July so thinking early next year.

Can't wait to find out foot print or handprint!

hatman88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatman88

What if you have 4 tattoos? Which do you pick?!

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

I would have also accepted "Not nearly enough".

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
circusninja wrote:... They're kinda permanent.

Not as permanent as scarification ...

I'm awaiting @gatzby's response - his last one, seemingly inspired by this shirt, is pretty epic. I've seen other folks get tattoos of other shirt.woot designs too, but I don't have links to those ...

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I have two, but will eventually have only one. I'm in the process of getting one removed. Not because I don't like it or want it anymore--I still adore it and it means so damned much to me and I cried when I finally admitted to myself that I had to have it removed. I had spent three years researching and learning a language for the tattoo itself (a phrase and my rp name in Quenya, in Feanorian Tengwar runes), waiting to make sure I truly wanted it... yet spent zero time researching a tattooist. My 18yr old ignorant self naively trusted that if a business was well-known and popular, then of course they'd do a good job! Long story and 13 years later, the tattoo has faded and blurred to language-shaped blobs. It's heartbreaking.

[Insert: funny story about being detained, isolated, and questioned at the Israeli-Egyptian border by Israeli agents suspicious of the odd script they glimpsed peeking out of my shirt.]

Well, I'll just have to get a new, better tattoo to replace and improve on what I'm removing now. Goldenthorn has indeed learned her lesson and will do her due diligence on not just the image, but the person putting on the image. Already researching artists and have a growing folder full of visual inspirations.

Oh, and anything you've ever read about the pain of tattoo removal? Multiply that description by a pain factor of seven. At least. It is HELLISH FIRE NIGHTMARE PAIN. Next session, I'm actually bringing sometime to bite on so that I'm not gnawing at the chair to keep from screaming (though I did keen all shameful banshee-like).

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I voted 'none' but I have an accidental dot (looks like a freckle) on the palm of my hand. It was an inadvertent tattoo from piercing myself with a bicycle brake cable covered in something brown.

aletayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aletayr
goldenthorn wrote: I had spent three years researching and learning a language for the tattoo itself (a phrase and my rp name in Quenya, in Feanorian Tengwar runes), waiting to make sure I truly wanted it...

This is pretty freaking awesome. It's a shame the story doesn't have a happy ending.

die13lda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda

More than 5, less than covering my whole body. They are on all my limbs and back, but you can still see plenty of skin, too.

br0seidon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br0seidon
circusninja wrote:None, tattoos are not for me. I don't have anything against other people's tattoos, but I know I would get tired of it after a while. They're kinda permanent.

You are the best kind of person. Respect.