4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29

I think Van Gough would be inspired by this shirt!

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj

Furthermore I would say it's like van gogh battling it out with john travolta on a gallifrey dancefloor...

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Very nice

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

I love Doctor Who, but don't know if I like this shirt. I need to sleep on it and make my decision when I'm soberish.

ZedAvatar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZedAvatar

The BBC-approved "TARDIS Blue" is Pantone 2955C.

ratratratratatat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratratratratatat

Very trippy... Like a trip through time man.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

First Tardis shirt that's really caught my attention. Trippy! First word that came to my mind.

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant

Gah! This shirt tempts me into breaking my streak of not buying since the switch to Anvil shirts. It just fits so well with the other artistic Tardis shirt I already own... Relative Dimentions by ApeLad

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/relative-dimensions

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

Greetings Wooters!

Just want to say a quick thank you for checking out my shirt today. And a big thank you to Woot for hosting my 7th t-shirt sale. FYI, for those of you thinking it was inspired by Van Gogh, it is actually inspired by Pablo Picasso's Cubist blue period. I thought the style went so nicely with the conceptual theme of Doctor Who. I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Thanks again everyone!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

jeleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeleavitt
dbenton25 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

Just want to say a quick thank you for checking out my shirt today. And a big thank you to Woot for hosting my 7th t-shirt sale. FYI, for those of you thinking it was inspired by Van Gogh, it is actually inspired by Pablo Picasso's Cubist blue period. I thought the style went so nicely with the conceptual theme of Doctor Who. I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Thanks again everyone!

It's gorgeous, and that's without even being a fan of the good doctor. Quite clearly cubist inspiration. Very nicely done!

dbenton25

jeleavitt wrote:It's gorgeous, and that's without even being a fan of the good doctor. Quite clearly cubist inspiration. Very nicely done!

Thank you very much! Thoughtful comments like that remind me of why I love what I do.

dbenton25

stonedsavant wrote:Gah! This shirt tempts me into breaking my streak of not buying since the switch to Anvil shirts. It just fits so well with the other artistic Tardis shirt I already own... Relative Dimentions by ApeLad

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/relative-dimensions

Interestingly, Woot actually told me it was the "relative Dimensions" shirt that almost caused them to reject mine. Apparently, someone thought the concept was too similar. Thank goodness they cam to their senses!

dbenton25

torturegarden wrote:I love Doctor Who, but don't know if I like this shirt. I need to sleep on it and make my decision when I'm soberish.

Maybe when you're inebriated, your good taste gets impaired. Have you thought of that my dear Whovian?

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

Looks sharp ; )

txkent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txkent

Ok, now I'm REALLY mad that Woot doesn't carry my size for any of their shirts. I'd be willing to pay more for a larger size too.

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

I would have purchased EVERY Dr. Who shirt Woot has, but I need a larger variety of sizes. What do you offer for the cube shaped?

celoriu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celoriu

Now I wish I liked the show, because this shirt looks amahzing.

blzben

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben
dbenton25 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

FYI, for those of you thinking it was inspired by Van Gogh, it is actually inspired by Pablo Picasso's Cubist blue period.

To those who think this design has anything to do with Vincent van Gogh, you need to become more familiar with the works of Vincent van Gogh. Also, Picasso’s Blue Period was earlier than his Cubism works, and their stylization and color palettes are different. It’s a nice design regardless.

steijd76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steijd76
dfunk29 wrote:I think Van Gough would be inspired by this shirt!

Yes. I think he would indeed.

FifthDream

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FifthDream

I'm only vaguely aware of the show, meaning i have only seen an episode or two since i was a kid, though i know some people adore it. But i find it extremely hard to believe any show in existence is so good as to warrant the amount of daily-sale t-shirts Dr. Who has spawned.

Agatha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Agatha

The Van Gogh comments have more to do with the fact that there was an episode with Van Gogh in it than anything else IMHO.

komnumep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komnumep

I just started watching the newer Doctor Who and I have to say, I quite enjoy it. I don't have any themed Whovian gear, so I may have to fix that. However, as I'm currently on a self imposed rule of no longer buying t shirts for myself, I'll have to get this for my three year old instead (it's okay, he watches the show with me - he knows what's up).

Totally digging the cubism. I'm a Mondrian fan myself, so this will go along with my collection.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

this design is beautiful. Can't say i'm a fan of wearing it, but i think it would make a gorgeous poster (or tote!) in "world of woot"

Sardinicus

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus

Hey, now there's a nice, arty, abstract shirt. It's so nice to see something classy here instead of the usual pop culture ref. . .

Oh.

Joylene6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joylene6

Ahhh... Darn you woot! I said no more T-shirts.... but now you put an irresistable tardis shirt up for sale...

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
Agatha wrote:The Van Gogh comments have more to do with the fact that there was an episode with Van Gogh in it than anything else IMHO.

Exactly what I was thinking. Loved that episode. (However, David Tennant is still my favorite Doctor.) ;)

dbenton25

blzben wrote:To those who think this design has anything to do with Vincent van Gogh, you need to become more familiar with the works of Vincent van Gogh. Also, Picasso’s Blue Period was earlier than his Cubism works, and their stylization and color palettes are different. It’s a nice design regardless.

Thank you for pointing that out. I stand corrected. Not sure why I thought Picasso's Cubism and Blue Period were linked. Art school was 20 years ago, so that might have something to do with it. I thought people might be getting Van Gogh confused because the piece loosely resembles 'Starry Night'.

dbenton25

ebam wrote:this design is beautiful. Can't say i'm a fan of wearing it, but i think it would make a gorgeous poster (or tote!) in "world of woot"

I would love that too! Woot, are you listening?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dbenton25 wrote:I would love that too! Woot, are you listening?

FORWARDED ;)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes Who-bism. Great execution, droidloot.

dbenton25

Spiritgreen wrote:Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes Who-bism. Great execution, droidloot.

Thank you Spiritgreen! That means a lot coming from one of my favorite Woot artists!

dbenton25

ROGETRAY wrote:FORWARDED ;)

Awesome, Thank you!

blumissy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blumissy
ebam wrote:this design is beautiful. Can't say i'm a fan of wearing it, but i think it would make a gorgeous poster (or tote!) in "world of woot"

I like that idea!

falaflewaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falaflewaffle

This is the first shirt I have actually wanted to buy from Woot in a long time! Great work by the artist! I just wish you wouldn't have changed your sizes. If you had the old women's small I wouldn't have thought twice about buying it.

falaflewaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falaflewaffle
Sardinicus wrote:Hey, now there's a nice, arty, abstract shirt. It's so nice to see something classy here instead of the usual pop culture ref. . .

Oh.

I agree full heartedly!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 36.661s
First Sucker: knitkimberknit
Last Wooter to Woot: sio44
Last Purchase: a minute ago

First day sales 2072
First day posts 35

dbenton25

Thank you Wooters for making this another successful sale for me! Until next time... Keep on Wooting!

Luther

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Luther

I'm always ragging my son for all the money he spends on Dr. Who crap and all the time he spends watching the show on the dvr. Then I see this shirt and open my wallet. Can't wait to see it.

pyro530

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyro530

So I wore my shirt for the first time today and I was sad to see that the American Apparel/Made in America tag was missing. Instead replaced by a tag that reads "Made in Nicaragua"
It looks like the current Woot! shirts offer a choice for American Apparel. I just wish I had noticed the change prior to purchasing.