PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Looks like the reckoning discussion thread has dropped off the Top 20 page. All those hours of interesting reading will be missed.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
PixelPants wrote:Looks like the reckoning discussion thread has dropped off the Top 20 page. All those hours of interesting reading will be missed.

Hmmm, but yet there's a post for it... http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5414729&pageindex=1&replycount=11

I wonder if something happened coding side and someone clipped it out of the page by accident. Also why when I click the "top 20" link do I get taken to the bottom of the page. It's super annoying.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
DianaSprinkle wrote:Hmmm, but yet there's a post for it... http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5414729&pageindex=1&replycount=11

I wonder if something happened coding side and someone clipped it out of the page by accident. Also why when I click the "top 20" link do I get taken to the bottom of the page. It's super annoying.

Things regarding the reckoning, numbers and all that are just crazy since the cart appeared :S

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
wirdou wrote:Things regarding the reckoning, numbers and all that are just crazy since the cart appeared :S

When I looked this early morning (aka insomnia), Wizard of "Aw"s' numbers was not updated for hours. So whatever's broken, still is.

It's not just this week that's broken either; #236's bragging rights aren't right either. And no, I wasn't looking for such specifically, though I was looking for which week had the most discussion posts (to back the "hours" comment). #237 with 236 is what I have so far; we had 11 shirts fighting over 6 spots that week.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Narfcake wrote:When I looked this early morning (aka insomnia), Wizard of "Aw"s' numbers was not updated for hours. So whatever's broken, still is.

I noticed that my numbers are not updating today but that the Wizard of Aw's seem to be updating correctly... Seems to be a big delay for each shirt to start updating. Dunno

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:I noticed that my numbers are not updating today but that the Wizard of Aw's seem to be updating correctly... Seems to be a big delay for each shirt to start updating. Dunno

Last purchase:11 hours ago

Yeah, something is definitely broken ... again. Is your artist's page updating, at least?

taternuggets

Narfcake wrote:Last purchase:11 hours ago

Yeah, something is definitely broken ... again. Is your artist's page updating, at least?

It seems to be, but it was confusing to me yesterday.... I had both debut and ongoing sales listed. Today, just the ongoing sales are increasing, but I had about 150 "ongoing" sales at the close of the debut day... it's up to 197 now, but I'm not sure if that's accurate since it didn't start at zero.

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:It seems to be, but it was confusing to me yesterday.... I had both debut and ongoing sales listed. Today, just the ongoing sales are increasing, but I had about 150 "ongoing" sales at the close of the debut day... it's up to 197 now, but I'm not sure if that's accurate since it didn't start at zero.

My gut says that +47 in <12 hours is on the strong side relative to the debut day sales - which is good!

It does sound like the artist's page was changed from how it used to be (which was confusing). Maybe another artist could chime in on how they read nowadays ...

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Yeah. It's messed up. The "ongoing sales" on my designs (that I can see on my artist page) seem to be going up at a normal rate, but it's not updating them on the shirts' public pages. I also think they must have started out at something other than zero (I wasn't awake at the closing time of first day sales, but the number I woke up to seemed way too high).

For example: The "public" sales number for "Just My Day Job" is 1110 (last purchase 13 hours ago). On my artist page it says the sales number is 1361 (earlier today I think it was 1355-ish). I think 1361 is the correct number, minus whatever weird buffer of 100 or so sales it had when the change from first to second day happened. My other shirt (Dictionary Thumper) is acting the same way. The sales showing up on my artist page are coming in consistently but much slower than the other shirt, which makes total sense since its debut sales were much lower. And that makes me confident that the artist tracker is showing new sales properly (except for the weird chunk of extra sales at the beginning).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks for the info, all. I'll poke around some and see if I can find out what's up.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

PixelPants

Same discrepancy on 'Wishful Thinking'. Lately I've only tracked sales on the public link and thought it had suffered a significant sales drop. The artists page has more than 140 extra shirts sold. This has also affected the standing on the All Designs page.
Closer tracking of stats would have likely picked this up sooner. Yes, I miss those lists of numbers.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero

Same here , on my Spring Rain artist's page it annouced 1347 sales while the sale page announces 1185.Just wondering how/if this glitch is affecting the positionning in the reckoning.

Narfcake

kharmazero wrote:... Just wondering how/if this glitch is affecting the positionning in the reckoning.

That it shouldn't. The positioning has always been tied to their database, not what was shown on Wootbot's post.

wirdou did allude to the issue in last week's closing and this week's opening, and I guess all of this explains the unreliability I mentioned 10 days ago ...

wirdou

The last opening numbers I posted on the 16th of April were accurate. I know that cause it matched my "that's no moon" sales link...Things started going wrong a 4-5 days after that (20th-21st), in case you want a more accurate date of when things went crazy XD

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm submitting a couple of trouble tickets to our Dev team to look into these issues.

wirdou

tgentry wrote:I'm submitting a couple of trouble tickets to our Dev team to look into these issues.

Thanks Travis, I really appreciate it :D

tgentry

Staff

I believe the reckoning/link issue should be resolved. The larger issue of the sales stats being off is still being looked at by our Dev team. I'll give you an update when I have one.

taternuggets

Here's some more information in case it is helpful. If not, feel free to ignore it. My public sales information seems to update once per day at midnight. I was paying attention to Wizard of Aw's and It's not ordinary men last night and neither of them updated at midnight. My artist page sales numbers continue to go more out of whack... I now have 1654 debut and 360 ongoing sales for a total of 2014. However, if you add up the individual sku numbers, they closely match the public sales numbers. 1779 vs 1777... I assume perhaps 2 sales since midnight. Maybe unfinished cart sales are being added to the ongoing... dunno.

Nothing follows.

PixelPants

Wishful Thinking currently has a sales discrepancy of 184 shirts between the public site and the sales statistics page. The public site does change (haven't noticed how often) but the margin has increased since my last post.

tgentry

Staff

So I believe we have an explanation for the weirdness we're seeing and it is because of the cart.

What seems to be happening is that if a person buys your shirt and a product from another site in the same purchase, the other product is tallying +1 for your ongoing sales, but ONLY on the artist's stat page. This is what was causing the first day "ongoing sales" on the artist's stat page, as well as ongoing sale weirdness. Our Dev guys have confirmed that it is NOT affecting actual accounting or reckoning numbers, as those aren't registering those additional items as ongoing sales. Those should all be accurate.

They've set up a fix that should go out with the next deployment. I should be getting updates, so if anything else comes up or goes awry, I'll relay it your way. Thanks for catching this one guys, and for the patience.

taternuggets

tgentry wrote:They've set up a fix that should go out with the next deployment.

My sales page is now accurate... that was a quick deployment. lol.

Nothing follows.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

Don't know if this is related but my sales stats page and my Woots sold number from the product page have always been off...

I kind of assumed that those were sales that weren't actual sales, like people using coupons and stuff but its up to 40 now (746 on stat page, 786 on shirt page) and that seems unlikely.

Then again, Ive only printed one shirt and don't know all the nuances of the system so... forgive my ignorance.

wirdou

tgentry wrote:So I believe we have an explanation ...

First of all thank you so much Travis for the quick solution. Seeing that numbers are now fixed I will be able to post closing and opening numbers next week :D

On the other hand...realizing that designers' sales link was the wrong one...it's harsh XDXD...now I have realized that I have sold 300 tees less than what I thought XDXD

PixelPants

Adding my thanks too. I've always trusted the sales statistics ahead of the Top 20 numbers. This has taught me a valuable lesson. Trust no-one except Travis.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
kharmazero wrote:Same here , on my Spring Rain artist's page it annouced 1347 sales while the sale page announces 1185.Just wondering how/if this glitch is affecting the positionning in the reckoning.

Drowning by numbers...i just checked the sales numbers.Something like one week ago the Spring Rain artist stats page was stating 1347 sales now it went down to 1198 while the public page states 1203 sales.Even the last buyer name isn't accurate.