toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

I just tried to use one of my 2 honorable mention codes and it was not accepted. When I emailed woot I got the response that it had expired. No where in the email that I received that gave me the coupon code did it say that there was an expiration date.

Quality Posts

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
toby8915 wrote:I just tried to use one of my 2 honorable mention codes and it was not accepted. When I emailed woot I got the response that it had expired. No where in the email that I received that gave me the coupon code did it say that there was an expiration date.

Mine haven't been working either. I thought it was just a temporary bug from the switch to the cart. I have a bunch of them saved up, so they wouldn't have expired all at once (and a couple of them are from pretty recently). That'd be really crappy if they just weren't honoring them anymore...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I had a few stockpiled, and they're dead too.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

There was a mention at some point about expiring after 30 days. I'm not sure why the change, or where that post was.

toby8915

There is nothing in the F.A.Q. and nothing in the email they send when you win.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

I remember reading about an expiry date being introduced but can't remember if it was an e-mail or in a post. It gave the impression that it was for newly earned Honorable Mentions but it seems they saved some money in unclaimed prizes and voided old HMs as well.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

I had the same prob 1 or 2 months ago,Travis confirmed that the HM codes must be used within 1 months.But he gently setted a new one,so write him ;)))

tessderpervilles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tessderpervilles

Not sure if related, but mine said it was for $20 and only ended up being $15 when applied to a pair of shirt purchases. I guess it was per item vs. per order?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Does the system keep track of the number of HMs you've had?

I stopped using the code a while back because I'd lost count and was afraid I was just stealing shirts at that point. :p

BootsBoots

PixelPants wrote:I remember reading about an expiry date being introduced but can't remember if it was an e-mail or in a post. It gave the impression that it was for newly earned Honorable Mentions but it seems they saved some money in unclaimed prizes and voided old HMs as well.

Well, that really stinks. I had a bunch of them saved up from over the course of the last couple years. I don't think it was in an e-mail (or if it was, I didn't get it). I didn't see the post about it either (and I do check the forum kind of regularly). Phooey, phooey!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Spiritgreen wrote:Does the system keep track of the number of HMs you've had?

I stopped using the code a while back because I'd lost count and was afraid I was just stealing shirts at that point. :p

Knowing now that they only last one month :S:S:S:S I guess they know how many you have....cause the code is always the same...and when you use them they take the oldest one that hasn't expired...just guessing though...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been mostly out for a couple of days... yeah, there was a company-wide shift in how coupons are handled. Part of that is who issues them (nobody at Shirt) and the other part is how long they now last (30 days). If you had outstanding coupons (like I did, from maybe three years ago) they suddenly went bye-bye, and with no warning. That sucks.

I'm going to see about working with our dev team to find out who had HM coupons that were wiped and how many. Then I'm going to get in touch with our accounting/coupon team to see if we can reissue them. Then I'm going to work with our writers to see how we can get our outstanding HMs up to date.

The HM system is really important to me. For various reasons it's slipped in the last couple of months, so I want to get it fixed up. It may take a few days to get this sorted out, but I'm working it. Please hang in there.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
tgentry wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been mostly out for a couple of days... yeah, there was a company-wide shift in how coupons are handled. Part of that is who issues them (nobody at Shirt) and the other part is how long they now last (30 days). If you had outstanding coupons (like I did, from maybe three years ago) they suddenly went bye-bye, and with no warning. That sucks.

I'm going to see about working with our dev team to find out who had HM coupons that were wiped and how many. Then I'm going to get in touch with our accounting/coupon team to see if we can reissue them. Then I'm going to work with our writers to see how we can get our outstanding HMs up to date.

The HM system is really important to me. For various reasons it's slipped in the last couple of months, so I want to get it fixed up. It may take a few days to get this sorted out, but I'm working it. Please hang in there.

You are awesome Travis-

BootsBoots

tgentry wrote:[swoops in to save the day]

Thank you.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
tgentry wrote:The HM system is really important to me. For various reasons it's slipped in the last couple of months, so I want to get it fixed up. It may take a few days to get this sorted out, but I'm working it. Please hang in there.

This is really great to hear

toby8915

Thanks!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

I'll continue standing here pointing out what's wrong while Travis actually goes and does something about it. Thanks Action Man!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
tgentry wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been mostly out for a couple of days...

Thank you so much Travis por passing by, I specially appreciate the part of the periodic Honorable Mentions...more than the coupons and all that. It was a great positive feedback for designers :D