corpsethree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corpsethree

Glad to see i'm not the only one nerd raging about the mix of DC and Marvel characters.

Love the concept though

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick
darkmagician1184 wrote:mixing of DC and Marvel, blasphemy I say
disposed wrote:Literally the only reason i wont buy it. I dont want to have to hear "Why is it half marvel half DC" from everyone when i wear it.
mysticeden wrote:DC and Marvel together?! NEVER! This must be a cosplay group :D
steveb944 wrote:Excellent design, yes the mixing of DC and Marvel throws it off a bit but overall I like it.
auctionsaver wrote:It is a shame we can't make suggestions after they come up. The medusa hair is throwing me off. Perhaps get rid of that and put the spidey symbol as what is in the suit.

Please refer to the write up for this shirt:

The Shadow Knows

Pedantic criticisms you can make if you are both critical of this shirt design and indifferent to looking like an annoying ass to everyone around you:

These four characters inhabit two entirely different universes.
Light would not shine through their chest emblems.
Nor would it shine through the eyes in their masks, and even this is inconsistently applied.
The wavy "Spidey sense" lines are merely a device for the artists to indicate that the sense is tingling, not a physical manifestation of the sense, and thus should not cast shadows.
Superheroes aren't real.

lundell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lundell

If you look at Spiderman you can see Peter holding a camera.

ethanmcdonald wrote:Don't any of you know anything about
the Justice League?!
The hero's are as follows.

1>Super Man
2>Bat Man
3>Martin Man Hunter
4>The Flash

abuffalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuffalo

With respect to the shirt write-up, half of this thread says:

Challenge ACCEPTED

lshalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lshalo

great shirt. would love it more as a poster

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

Yes! Congrats, buddy! That's an awesome design!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

CONGRATS !!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 88 Private Messages oakenspirit

Huzzah! Grats Harzack-

I may need to buy a crate of these because whenever my super power activates, my shirt just bursts...

dheagler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dheagler
dameonsilverleaf wrote:Too bad this will only get printed on Anvil shirts. I'll never have it.

Change, Woot. Go back to American Apparel, or give me the option. If there is any reason your sales are lagging, Anvil is it. Those shirts are garbage.

Just voicing support for this post!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
mysticeden wrote:DC and Marvel together?! NEVER! This must be a cosplay group :D

I vote fanfiction.

XD

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats Harzack!

stormshadow999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stormshadow999
eq52515 wrote:If this shirt is meant to represent superheroes and alter-egos... the designer gets 3 out of 4 stars. He would have gotten the 4th star if his depiction of Superman was correct.
Clark Kent should be the shadow; the other three became what their shadows represent, however Superman was always 'super', he became Clark Kent in order to fit into society....

Someone's been watching Kill Bill: Volume 2...

kjbieder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjbieder

and one for women?

jolthammer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jolthammer

There have been DC/Marvel Crossovers before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

Why the beef?

heliodor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heliodor
dameonsilverleaf wrote:Too bad this will only get printed on Anvil shirts. I'll never have it.

Change, Woot. Go back to American Apparel, or give me the option. If there is any reason your sales are lagging, Anvil is it. Those shirts are garbage.

While I agree I wish woot shirts were made in the USA, I still don't understand why some of you guys keep hanging around here just to comment about how bad the current shirts are. I mean, I feel like there's got to be somebody in every post. If you really hate the shirts...and woot is unlikely to switch back...why keep coming here...

reeces88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reeces88
strawberryicee wrote:Superman, Batman, Medusa?, Iron Man

Ghost Rider maybe? Dunno.

goldiesmarv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldiesmarv
jolthammer wrote:There have been DC/Marvel Crossovers before.

I agree. I couldn't figure out what everyone was getting so bent out of shape about.

I wouldn't buy it because I don't like a lot of the details, but certainly not because of that.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats! A rad design!!!Awesome drawing!

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
heliodor wrote:While I agree I wish woot shirts were made in the USA, I still don't understand why some of you guys keep hanging around here just to comment about how bad the current shirts are. I mean, I feel like there's got to be somebody in every post. If you really hate the shirts...and woot is unlikely to switch back...why keep coming here...

Umm, maybe because they think that if they keep commenting on the shirts enough people will join in and Woot will change their mind. Woot has obviously changed its mind before regarding the shirt manufacturer so there's nothing to say they won't do so again.

If you don't like posts about the shirt quality then don't read them. The quality of the shirt is relevant every single night given that there is, ummm, a shirt for sale every single night. Just because you don't like such posts doesn't make them irrelevant. It would be different if they were complaining about the quality of store-bought corned beef when Woot was selling flank steak, but they're expressing a legitimate opinion about the product. Deal with it.

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack

Thanks for your comments. The designers should know how to fit criticism good or bad and never judge because everyone is free to speak his mind. I'd just like to remember that behind each of the designs every week there is a great job creating development and that perhaps not everyone note. This industry is growing so much and so fast that almost becoming a throwaway product in which the more efficient the triumphs. The designs that I see every week in the Derby are not just a picture on a shirt. They represent hours of finding the best concept, with the best composition, style and color that best represents the idea and also a touch that makes it different from the rest. And all this is done counterclockwise. Actually I'm talking about this time I had the luck to hit the mark, (and will work to improve and try to hit the mark as often as possible: D) but like many other times I did not succeed. This is the designer's life and will always be at the foot of your opinion. I think I rolled a lot but had wanted to say.: D
As always I hope that you that you have bought the shirt's enjoy it as I enjoy doing the design and I hope that someday please you with my art.

Best regards.

ironlad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironlad
disposed wrote:Literally the only reason i wont buy it. I dont want to have to hear "Why is it half marvel half DC" from everyone when i wear it.

You don't remember the AMALGAM series? Stuff like IRON LANTERN, THORION OF THE ASGODS? Or the AVENGERS/JLA crossover of a few years ago?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 20.113s
First Sucker: maurar
Last Wooter to Woot: alanhandford
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

First day sales 1329
First day posts 60

lonelypond

quality posts: 437 Private Messages lonelypond

Very dramatic; really like the shading/texture.

spacezorro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacezorro

Yeah.. Artist could of done Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern... It would of been an awesome Justice League shirt.

Jacko7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacko7

Shirt quality is sub par...I would pay a bit more for a higher quality t.

jlvdaum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlvdaum
aireland wrote:But really more to the point, using a bat shaped symbol would probably cross the copyright violation line this t-shirt is skirting.

I have to say, I think it is fully over the line- everyone on this site is identifying the characters he used showing the intent to use recognizable licensed characters, and there is nothing to suggest parody or other fair use exemption.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
jlvdaum wrote:I have to say, I think it is fully over the line- everyone on this site is identifying the characters he used showing the intent to use recognizable licensed characters, and there is nothing to suggest parody or other fair use exemption.

I agree, plus I don't really like the "logo" spots in the silhouette's anyway, it's too blatant. Good design, otherwise

icuonuez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icuonuez
strawberryicee wrote:Superman, Batman, Medusa?, Iron Man

3rd guy is Spiderman (Spider-Sense).