WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Shoes with no socks?
  • 17.5% - Love it. Summertime! 190
  • 52.7% - Grossed out by it. So swampy. 572
  • 21.9% - Mostly indifferent to this phenomenon. 238
  • 7.9% - Sorry, no time to talk. Must sail for Martha’s Vineyard before the turn of the tide. 86
1086 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Oh, yes! I was just remarking this morning that I know it's truly spring now that I've developed my first set of shoes-no-socks blisters on my feet. A few more rounds of this hobbling pain and I'll be good 'til fall! Indeed, my puffy, oozing, delicate little footsies are as sure and constant a seasonal indicator as any honey-breezed daffodil.

pigsnfish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pigsnfish

Technically, sandals are shoes, as are pumps, heels, etc. that women sometimes (crazily) wear to work. They should never be worn with socks. Tennis shoes, boots, etc. should always be worn with socks. Tennies, boots, etc. sans socks give the shoes the nasty foot locker smell that not even a mother could love.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
pigsnfish wrote:Technically, sandals are shoes, as are pumps, heels, etc. that women sometimes (crazily) wear to work. They should never be worn with socks.

I'm not a big heels wearer, but when I do I most certainly wear socks. I just wear the right kind of socks, the kind designed to be worn with heels and not be seen. They exist. Otherwise I'd have the same icky sweaty squishy feeling in my heels that I loathe in my regular shoes.

So yeah, I pretty much hate shoes sans socks.

Only when I wear flip flops around the house do I go without socks. I'm not usually inclined to hate on what other's wear on their feet, but I just hate the sound of flip flops for normal everywhere walking, but it's esp grating on the stairs. Gah! I'd ban them from everywhere except showers and the beach if I could. Sorry bare feet flip flop lovers.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I wear my Keen's with socks in the winter, and without socks otherwise.

Don't know for shoes.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

South Florida style. No socks with boat shoes or loafers. Low cut invisible socks with sports shoes.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Flip Flops solve this problem. Closed shoes with no socks = super gross foot funk of fantastical magnitude.

midori4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4

The low tide off Cape Cod actually delayed the car ferry to Nantucket (the better island) for two hours today. You don't screw with the tides.