+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Here at Shirt.Woot, we're always trying to listen to our community, to meet your needs, gain your trust, and take your money. So for the proverbial "limited time", we're offering our daily shirt designs on your choice of our current Anvil blanks for $12 or American Apparel blanks for $13. Think of it as a low-calorie, less messy alternative to the McRib.

That's right: fans of our original slim-fit AAs can have their favorites, while fans of our current Anvil standard shirts can have theirs. This applies only to our Dailies - not our All Designs catalog, not our Top 20, not our Dailies after they move off the front page. So if you see a Daily that you want on American Apparel enough to pay an extra buck, buy it on its first day.

You guys wouldn't happen to have any opinions about this particular issue, would you? Let fly in the forums below. And enjoy the choice while it lasts, because it won't last long.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

I have bought dozens of Woot shirts, but only one (for myself) since the switch to Anvil, and I was disappointed in the quality. The stitching wasn't straight, the material felt thinner, and the collar curled after a single wash.

Having American Apparel back as an option (even at a $1 premium) might be enough to get me to buy some shirts here again.

Kudos.

AJLo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AJLo

I appreciate the option. You might actually get some money from me during this... I've bought no new shirts since the change, and I used to buy all the time. I hope that listening to your customers will benefit your company.

For the record, I did try the new shirts, and was disappointed (Grim Optimism remix).

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Niiiiiiiiiice. And here I had just about succeeded in convincing myself that 5 dozen or so tshirts were more than enough for a lifetime. Now here's to hoping you print a bunch of designs I like during this experiment. Thank you so much, woot, for doing this!

collin1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages collin1000

"Vote with your wallet" - well, let's do that folks. Lots of people said they'd pay more to have AA back, and now it's back, so let's prove to the Woot overloads that we prefer it!

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

Wake me up after the reaction to whatever shirtwoot! commits to after the choice goes away ; ) Until then, enjoy your options, those that want 'em. I'll enjoy no price increase...yet.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
collin1000 wrote:"Vote with your wallet" - well, let's do that folks. Lots of people said they'd pay more to have AA back, and now it's back, so let's prove to the Woot overloads that we prefer it!

Now we have to hope the shirt designs are popular, too.

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Opinions!? We've got plenty of opinions. I'm sure you'll be hearing a few of them.

I like the Anvils so this makes no difference to me, but I do like that people too small to wear the Anvil small and the t-shirt connoisseurs who prefer the AA can have their t-shirts and wear them too.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This is a great idea. Alas, a day late, and I am a dollar short.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

I always think of dailies and derby winners as two different categories. The wording seems to imply both are the same for these purposes. Clarify?

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Well, I won't hesitate to buy if it's a fun design. Of course I wish I could get items from the top 20, and the back list in AA. Thank you for taking a step closer.

8)

NewspaperCrane

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NewspaperCrane

I'm definitely in support of this. The Quality definitely wasn't there on the Anvil Shirts. I'll Gladly pay an extra dollar for an AA shirt. Here's hoping you guys make this permanent!

I miss me some wootTV.

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant

STELLAR! Been waiting for this option for countless months. Now my wallet is running away in fear, it knows what it is in for when the right designs roll around...

captainlaurie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainlaurie

This doesn't affect me at all, but I'm glad people who want it have the option.

For the record I was super pissed about the change to Anvil blanks because I'd used Anvil shirts for my own screenprinting and they sucked terribly, but I must have been using different fabric blends or something because I really do like the Anvil shirts that Woot is using.

Having options is good. I'm happy with either the AA or Anvil blanks.

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins

I feel the EXACT opposite. the Anvil shirts I have bought seem thicker and don't wear out as fast.

The Tim wrote:I have bought dozens of Woot shirts, but only one (for myself) since the switch to Anvil, and I was disappointed in the quality. The stitching wasn't straight, the material felt thinner, and the collar curled after a single wash.

Having American Apparel back as an option (even at a $1 premium) might be enough to get me to buy some shirts here again.

Kudos.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

YAY!!!!!

Now bring on Unstealthy 5 and please reconsider and offer the AA option on the Top 20 (I would buy 3 more Unstealthy 4 if they were offered as AA).

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

fireshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireshaw

I only bought one shirt after the change, so I am excited to pay more!

flancrestenterprises.com

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420

Hey mods/purchasers, I've got a little input on the Anvil vs. AA debate! I am a pretty large guy, yet I prefer the so-called "slim-fitting" AA shirts better. I wear a 3X in both AA and Anvil, but the thing I like best about the AA shirts is that AA shirts are a fair bit longer!

With the new Anvil shirts, I basically have to wear a wife beater under my shirt because at 6'4", the Anvil shirts are just too short if I don't keep my arms at my sides (wearing an extra layer is a pretty big problem here in Florida, especially in the summer). AA shirts, on the other hand, are plenty long enough for me! Not to mention the fact that they're more comfortable and the stitching is better on AA's, but think of the length difference for guys like if you would, Woot!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Thank you! Now to wait for a design I want to own. I will absolutely be shopping for shirts again. Just in time for summer, if we can ever move past winter in the Ozarks!

emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon

This is fantastic news, thank you so much! I LOVED the quality, fit and feel of the AA shirts (tall, thin guy here) and am pleased to have them back, even for a $1+ premium. I'm pretty sure I was one of the ones that said they would be willing to pay more for the AA, back when the change over first happened.

I will say that after getting a few Anvils I was pleased with the printing (more or less, though a few odd stitching mistakes made shoulders lopsided). BUT, I am overjoyed to have the AA option! Please consider keeping them, or even expanding it to all designs! Now, off to buy today's shirt, which thankfully is a design I like

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Color me pleasantly surprised. I hope if this goes over well that you will offer the back catalog in AA. There were quite a few shirts I passed up on because of the Anvil blanks that I would really like to purchase.

Too bad I don't like the shirt today, hope I see something I like before "a limited time" is up.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

I forgot to add this:

pvtrounstine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvtrounstine

I have had the opposite experience with a majority of my wardrobe Woot shirts.... Fewer random holes in the Anvil shirts over time.

The Tim wrote:I have bought dozens of Woot shirts, but only one (for myself) since the switch to Anvil, and I was disappointed in the quality. The stitching wasn't straight, the material felt thinner, and the collar curled after a single wash.

Kudos.

lactoholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lactoholic

Hi,

How slim-fit are the AA's? I looked at the sizing chart and the width is indicated as being the same. I like a loose t-shirt (and so far woot's been fine there) but I also like long t-shirts. Should I order a size extra or would that be going too far?

Thanks.

pvtrounstine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvtrounstine

Would you elaborate? I have really liked the Anvil shirts, but you see, a Grim Optimism replacement is seriously overdue for me. The shirt color, the 2nd run coloring, what? What I would REALLY love is for the design to be split on a zipper hoodie, and I have suggested it.

AJLo wrote:

For the record, I did try the new shirts, and was disappointed (Grim Optimism remix).

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

As a lady, I really prefer the AA to the anvil. The fabric is more fitting an they're not so short. Plus, the fabric of the anvils feels very cheap, and I have to be careful not to put them in the wash, or their shape is pretty much ruined forever. I will almost certainly buy more shirts if you continue to make them available on AAs. I can actually think of a few of my favorite shirts I would rebuy on AAs, given the chance.

goatcrapp

quality posts: 17 Private Messages goatcrapp

I saw today's shirt and thought to myself - wow what a nice shirt - too bad i've been shying away from woot shirts since the change. THEN I saw the "also available on..." note. Bought one immediately.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/lil_spaz_of_god/robocop-2.jpg

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

Why on earth would I want a better quality shirt?

drheld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drheld

Would definitely prefer to order the AA shirts.

The sizing was better for me, and the material felt nicer.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Way to go, woot team.

I've never had a problem with the anvil shirts but I know many people have had fit and size issues, especially with the women's tees.

I hope the logistics of this aren't too tricky. Making everybody happy is never easy.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
collin1000 wrote:"Vote with your wallet" - well, let's do that folks. Lots of people said they'd pay more to have AA back, and now it's back, so let's prove to the Woot Great and powerful Oz that we prefer it!

We need to bring back all the people that left Shirt.Woot! because of the Anvil blanks, though. Everyone who knows someone who left needs to tell them they need to come back, check every day, and vote with their wallet.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

notsomuch

quality posts: 7 Private Messages notsomuch

If anyone is still monitoring this thread, I would like to add my WOOHOO! to the AA.

Anvil shirts are terrible. I live in a wheelchair, and they're short, and they pull up so my backfat hangs out, and there are some things that nobody should see.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

greyhound989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyhound989

Add another yay to the AA option. I was a shirtwoot addict until the change. I tried the Anvil tees, but I hated their fit and feel. I'd end up taking off the Anvil shirt and putting on an AA shirt with a sigh of relief. I've been ponying up for other places that sell on the AA women's blanks, but that gets expensive real quick. Here's hoping an appealing daily turns up soon! I love Walmazan, but not a buy for this veggie girl.

sardonumspa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sardonumspa

Me too. I have the same problems with the collars of the Anvil shirts curling. Once they are washed they are pretty much useless. I have been very reluctant to buy new shirts because the quality has been so poor.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Curious.
I wonder if the reason to stick to first day is one of logistics or one of statistics?

Either way, I'd buy that for a dollar.

move along

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

Unfortunately, this is a too little, too late. A lot of people are still upset at the more expensive cart option and increased price in shipping. Are the AA shirts still made in America? I have not purchased a t-shirt from Woot (check my history, ninjas) since they switched t-shirts, increased the price and decreased the quality.

My moobs look great in fitted shirts!!!!!!!!!

Suck it, Trebek.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
ghostofdavid wrote:Are the AA shirts still made in America?

From the shirt features section:

American Apparel
Specifications

Fiber Content: 4.5 oz 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton
Manufactured In: USA
Printed In: Carrollton, Texas, USA

kylerjaye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylerjaye

size question. looking at the charts it appears that if i was a woman's large for an anvil, the xl in AA will still be too small??

any input on the ladies sizing??
thanks!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

And I'm SHOCKED anyone would prefer the Anvils over AA. Well I guess this is the best of both worlds for us now. :-) Thank you Woot for listening. Please continue this offer!

sparrowmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparrowmorgan

Amerian Apparel all the way.
That said, if you guys start printing on Junk Food teeshirts, I will like, basically buy every design you print.