WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Witch! Witch! Witch!

Speed to First Woot:
3m 0.994s
First Sucker:
scottyantbec
Last Wooter to Woot:
seejay55
Last Purchase:
4 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 37% of Shirt Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
959

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 94% second woot
  • 6% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 74% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 94% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
4%
2%
1%
2%
2%
4%
5%
8%
7%
7%
5%
5%
4%
4%
4%
2%
3%
4%
4%
4%
4%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

4%
69%
7%
5%
6%
5%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Thirdbase9


quality posts: 88 Private Messages Thirdbase9

She turned me into a newt.

I don't know.

computermd82


quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

It's Back!!!!!! *runs up and down the stairs yelling Wooooooooot*

AA!!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

+$1 for AA?!!! Damn it, just take my money!

ps.
I'd definitely buy the $13, but am waiting for another design.

that was fun while it lasted!

jdelvoie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jdelvoie

Obligatory Youtube.

DealMeIn


quality posts: 2 Private Messages DealMeIn

(Not yet Sir) Bedevere: What do we burn apart from witches?

Crowd: More witches!!!!

Good idea, not so good implementation IMHO

auctionsaver


quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

How are you so wise in the ways of science?

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
computermd82 wrote:It's Back!!!!!! *runs up and down the stairs yelling Wooooooooot*

AA!!


Indeed. Read more about it here.

jpsnagi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages jpsnagi

Burn Her!
Burn Her!!
Burn Her!!!

chrixie


quality posts: 4 Private Messages chrixie

Warning: Wearing this shirt summons the Rabbit of Caerbannog

artifexr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages artifexr

Not trying to be negative, but how do shirts with the same color on the design and the background keep winning. First we had Mizayaki brown on brown, then yesterday white-ish on white, now we have grey on grey. Isn't it a design 101 lesson never to do this?

edhill61


quality posts: 0 Private Messages edhill61

BEDEVERE: So how can we tell if she is made of wood?
CROWD: Make a bridge out of her.
BEDEVERE: Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
CROWD: Um. Yes, of course, um, err...
BEDEVERE: Does wood sink in water?
CROWD: No! No, it floats. Throw her in the pond! Tie weights on her. To the pond!
BEDEVERE: Wait, wait, tell me, what also floats on water?
CROWD: Bread! No, no, no. Apples! Gravy. Very small rocks!
KING ARTHUR: “A duck!”
BEDEVERE: Exactly, so... logically...
CROWD: If she ... weighs the same as a duck...she's made of wood.
BEDEVERE: And therefore?
CROWD: A witch! (Crowd nods in agreement.)
CROWD: A duck! A duck! Fetch a duck.
MAN: Here is a duck, Sir Bedevere.
BEDEVERE: We shall use my largest scales.
(Woman and the duck are placed on the scales.)
BEDEVERE: Remove the supports!
(The girl and the duck swing slightly but balance perfectly.)
CROWD: A witch! A witch!
GIRL: “It's a fair cop.”
CROWD: Burn her! Burn her! Let's make her into a ladder.

safyrejet


quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Oh Monty Python. I wonder if they knew they would end up becoming such a source of great and endless nerd t-shirt material.

tinachaffee


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

My boyfriend and I saw this movie on our first date (though we'd both seen it before.) We just celebrated our Anniversary last Saturday. Yet, I cannot purchase this shirt, because the sizes stop at a 3x. I weigh more than a duck, and I feel left out.

darksidebarji


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darksidebarji
Thirdbase9 wrote:She turned me into a newt.



I got better......

rjleete1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjleete1

LOVE LOVE LOVE the AA option. I have been lamenting the change for a while. I am more than happy to pay the extra dollar for better quality and American made!!!!

THANK YOU WOOOOOT

pegtor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

Good one.....Excuse me, I have to go laugh quietly somewhere.

Burritoclock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burritoclock

Really?? So it's cool to laugh at innocent women being burned alive? What's next???

jleilich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleilich
Thirdbase9 wrote:She turned me into a newt.



I got better

aggiechick


quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

Love the design and the choice of tees! Any chance Woot will ever carry W2XL in AA? I love the fit of that shirt, as it's longer than the equivalent Anvil WL, and the quality seems to be better (I have several of these blanks in various colors... they're my go-to basic tee). I would definitely pay any price difference. Seems kind of unfair that you give men all of the love with large sizes.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
Burritoclock wrote:Really?? So it's cool to laugh at innocent women being burned alive? What's next???



The humor stems from the woman's line right after the scales balance when she says, "it's a fair cop."

It's a fair cop (British & Australian very informal)
something that you say in order to admit that someone has caught you doing something wrong, as in "It's a fair cop. I was driving way too fast."

Now I can go back to pulling the wings off butterflies.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

WilfBrim


quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

There is a really great bit on the soundtrack which sends up Sir Bedevere in a very funny way. It starts like this:

"Good evening. The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies; that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms, of the type so often committed by my wife.

"All wood burns," states Sir Bedevere. "Therefore," he concludes, "all that burns is wood." This is, of course, pure bull$hiite. Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted: all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan. "Oh yes," one would think.
However, my wife does not understand this necessary limitation of the conversion of a proposition; consequently, she does not understand me. For how can a woman expect to appreciate a
professor of logic, if the simplest cloth-eared syllogism
causes her to flounder."

It goes on. The full bit is here:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/gralrcrd.php
Scroll about a third of the way down.

In any event, I'm going to have to buy this, mainly to go along with the swallows and coconut t-shirt.

hawaiijeno


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hawaiijeno

I second Aggiechick's request for W2XL in AA. I prefer the anvils in WL or WXL, but only because they fit me more loosely. I'm not super slim, I have a large chest and I'm not 17 anymore. I need a shirt that doesn't look like I stole it from the high school kids down the street. As was stated higher upthread, with the variety of bodies out there, not everyone likes the same fit. Thank you for realizing that you can make more money by accommodating that variety.

pollitosalazar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pollitosalazar

Are all future shirts going to be available on american apparel? Sweet!!!

Pollo!!!

mcowles


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcowles

Well, dang it. I just bought 3 random shirts and 2 shirts from the Reckoning last week. I would've definitely bought the AA versions for a dollar more, each.

jaimelobo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaimelobo

Actually, the logic is not complete, one step is missing. It should be "She weights the same as a duck; so she is made of wood, and therefore, a witch!



Corrected logic :o)

ricka182


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182

Not my kind of design...but if AA will be an option for all shirts going forward... I'll be buying a lot more shirts than I have since the switch..

That is all.

...i remain, he who remains to be...

queenmob


quality posts: 8 Private Messages queenmob
Burritoclock wrote:Really?? So it's cool to laugh at innocent women being burned alive? What's next???



SHE IS NOT INNOCENT! She didn't pass the duck test, don't you see?!

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

Chmarr


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chmarr
jaimelobo wrote:Actually, the logic is not complete, one step is missing. It should be "She weights the same as a duck; so she is made of wood, and therefore, a witch!



Corrected logic :o)



Mmm... cinnamon buns!

shroud2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shroud2
Burritoclock wrote:Really?? So it's cool to laugh at innocent women being burned alive? What's next???



She wasn't innocent; she was obviously made of wood...

turbinator42


quality posts: 1 Private Messages turbinator42

Would have been better without the text.

hypnotiqphil


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hypnotiqphil

btw its 1870 not 1970...

jamesclaflin


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin
olcubmaster wrote:The humor stems from the woman's line right after the scales balance when she says, "it's a fair cop."

It's a fair cop (British & Australian very informal)
something that you say in order to admit that someone has caught you doing something wrong, as in "It's a fair cop. I was driving way too fast."

Now I can go back to pulling the wings off butterflies.



Thanks for that, always thought she was saying 'thats a fair court' sort of sarcastically but now i know what shes saying plus the meaning. Haha awesome.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Burritoclock wrote:Really?? So it's cool to laugh at innocent women being burned alive? What's next???



We can't prove it isn't a team-building exercise that includes walking on coals.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats Anna! XDXD hilarious!

pocatello83201


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocatello83201
hypnotiqphil wrote:btw its 1870 not 1970...



Wrong.

1970s is correct.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Great design, Anna-Maria!



Sokudoningyou


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou

I'm conflicted; it's missing steps in the logical sequence of Weighs same as duck-->made of wood-->floats-->witch. But the art is cute.

AND HOLY EFF, AA IS BACK. It's about time. If you always have the option, I will gladly pay $1 extra for it.

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 3m 0.994s
First Sucker: scottyantbec
Last Wooter to Woot: jblackford
Last Purchase: 10 minutes ago


First day sales 658 AA & Anvil
First day posts 37