WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cue the smoky saxophones, clinking glasses, and violent retching: this week we're taking the Derby to the heart of the city under the neon lights. Show us a shirt design that captures the smell of wine and cheap perfume, the giddy anticipation of striding past the velvet rope, the desperation of closing time.

Designs must be on Black, Brown, Royal, or Navy shirts.

No pop-culture references.

No text.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

Wow. That's a tough one. The "no text" is refreshing but the overall theme isn't really my idea of fun.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

...I like to boogie....

Nothing follows.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

No pop-culture or text!

FINALLY!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

I'm interested to see how this goes...

Also, do the powers that be still reject references to alcohol in derby entries?

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
tjschaeffer wrote:I'm interested to see how this goes...

Also, do the powers that be still reject references to alcohol in derby entries?

Well since they mentioned "wine" in the rules, I think that means alcohol is ok

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

My rule of thumb - would my kid get kicked out of school for wearing this? YMMV. That Adventure Time 4:20 clock had a lot of parents up in arms, but I thought it was fine.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
orabbit wrote:My rule of thumb - would my kid get kicked out of school for wearing this? YMMV. That Adventure Time 4:20 clock had a lot of parents up in arms, but I thought it was fine.

I can't believe parents were up in arms over that shirt. No self respecting stoner would even think about wearing that shirt...just saying. I bet those same parents would allow their kid to wear a Michael Vick shirt. SMH

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
tjschaeffer wrote:Also, do the powers that be still reject references to alcohol in derby entries?

It's been acceptable before:

How Rainbows are Made

Yay for no pop-culture! Yes, I buy them from time to time, but they're the exception, not the rule.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

I entered this last year and survived rejection. I Can Dance If I Want To

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cdrewlow wrote:I entered this last year and survived rejection. I Can Dance If I Want To

Hah, that guy makes me smile, maybe you could stick him under a disco ball and resub? ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

50's bar scene with anthro fox, raccoon, and whatever else. The animal's night life.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver
tomspc wrote:I can't believe parents were up in arms over that shirt. No self respecting stoner would even think about wearing that shirt...just saying. I bet those same parents would allow their kid to wear a Michael Vick shirt. SMH

Agreed. Not every shirt has to be kid friendly. Plenty of collage age and adults wear tee shrits too.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

TobiasAmaranth wrote:50's bar scene with anthro fox, raccoon, and whatever else. The animal's night life.

What if I just draw a horse walking in to a bar? The bartender's expression can be like "ugh not this again..."

orabbit

ochopika wrote:What if I just draw a horse walking in to a bar? The bartender's expression can be like "ugh not this again..."

Do it!

cdrewlow

bluetuba wrote:Hah, that guy makes me smile, maybe you could stick him under a disco ball and resub? ;)

Thanks! I hadn't thought about resubbing him, but he does look like he could use a disco ball.

taternuggets

cdrewlow wrote:Thanks! I hadn't thought about resubbing him, but he does look like he could use a disco ball.

I also vote for a resub... I like him as well.

Nothing follows.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
taternuggets wrote:I also vote for a resub... I like him as well.

You going to get the band back together for a reunion tour?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

taternuggets

j5 wrote:You going to get the band back together for a reunion tour?

I haven't heard from ignorant today and I've been swamped at work... so I don't think we'll have anything this week... I'm also having trouble drawing on that intuos when there is a cintiq on the way.

Nothing follows.

cdrewlow

taternuggets wrote:I also vote for a resub... I like him as well.

Well, I hope you guys are okay with my updates.

orabbit

cdrewlow wrote:Well, I hope you guys are okay with my updates.

Rockin, Carl! I love this style, and I hope others do too.

naymarie33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naymarie33

I like this!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I started drawing a weird idea in a 40s jazz club. Got this far before I ran out of steam.

(color doodle)

cdrewlow

orabbit wrote:Rockin, Carl! I love this style, and I hope others do too.

naymarie33 wrote:I like this!

Thanks, guys!

cdrewlow

Spiritgreen wrote:I started drawing a weird idea in a 40s jazz club. Got this far before I ran out of steam.

(color doodle)

I love the looks of trepidation on the band members' faces. Is that Charlie Parker's lesser known cousin, Bear? ;)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Got my vote! Dance you drunken fool dance!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Nice updates. The bar in the background is throwing me, however. Seems a little close to the "action"

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Most people like to be close to the bar when they're looking for action! (dodges rotten tomato)

j5 wrote:Nice updates. The bar in the background is throwing me, however. Seems a little close to the "action"

cdrewlow

j5 wrote:Nice updates. The bar in the background is throwing me, however. Seems a little close to the "action"

I originally had nothing but the disco ball, and that was bland. I really need to start working on my backgrounds, I always struggle with them.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

Did a quick draw up of an idea I had, the idea being "Dance like nobody's watching" (inspired by the gf's dance moves this weekend :P ). Question is, should I leave the eyes on the crowd, or are they a bit too creepy:

orabbit

justkissmybass wrote:Did a quick draw up of an idea I had, the idea being "Dance like nobody's watching" (inspired by the gf's dance moves this weekend :P ). Question is, should I leave the eyes on the crowd, or are they a bit too creepy:

Yeah, leave em. It reads better.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Hoorah for more than one round of rejectination!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

texaskaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texaskaren

So many of these look like epic band, bar, &/or pub crawl shirts; I would have voted for more of them if I didn't dread the inevitable, "So it's NOT a band shirt? Weird." My abundant social awkwardness needs no additional fodder. :-/